Chateau Monfort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$289
$279
$854
$710
$516
$350
  • Restaurant
WORLDHOTEL Cristoforo Colombo(Milan)(Great Value!)
$174
$256
$231
Official Hotel Site
1,597 results
All reviewsalice in wonderlandsoup kitchennottingham forestbeautiful hotelspa areathe general managerexecutive roomfive star hotelwalking distancesteam roomminute walkhotel restaurantshopping areacity centretram stoplinate airportvisiting milan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Fabulous Hotel, excellent rooms, service fantastic. Make sure you have a cocktail at start of your evening. Also, make sure you try the breakfast. Close to city centre and also fantastic restaurants near by. Reception staff very very helpful when making recommendations and reservations.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Chris11271
Chateau_Monfort, Direttore at Chateau Monfort, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Chris,

I'm very pleased to hear such a positive comment and I thank you for your beautiful and kind feedback.

It is a pleasure for all of us to know that you enjoyed the hotel, our cocktails and breakfast.

I hope to welcome you back, in the enchanted world of Juan Lapin, during your next trip to Milan.

My warmest regards

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely amazing.
The hotel staff is very cordial and very helpful.
The hotel decor is absolutely beautiful and the rooms are very romantic. Love the decor! Our front desk attendant gave us great restaurant recommendations & was very knowledgable on all request we had.
Centrally located near shopping & great restaurants.
We would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gloria Susy D

Dear Mrs Gloria,

I really thank you for having taken the time to leave your positive comment on Tripadvisor.

I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated our fairytale hotel, the room assigned and the quality of our service.

I hope to welcome you again, in the enchanted world of Juan Lapin, during your next trip to Milan.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed April 16, 2014

A really nice and representative hotel, only some 5-8 minutes walk from il Duomo, with nice and service-minded staff. Neither too small nor too large, making one feel welcome and recognized. We got a large and airy room, neat and tidy, with three large windows and a french balcony each of them. Functional and luxurious bathroom. Perfect accommodation!
The breakfast was absolutely delicious. We also dined at the hotel Saturday evening upon arrival, excellent and tasty 3 dish dinner, showing out to be 5 dishes, nice surprise. Wine knowledge - thumbs up!
The corner room on floor 2 can be strongly recommended, really luxurious feeling and furniture. A most representative hotel, adding an extra touch of class to our 4 day stay in Milan. Definitely not the last stay at Chateau Monfort!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marie W
Chateau_Monfort, Direttore at Chateau Monfort, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Dear Mrs Marie,

I would like to thank you for your kind and beautiful feedback about your staying at Château Monfort.
It is a pleasure for all of us to know that you enjoyed the hotel, our food and service.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This was our fourth stay at Chateau Monfort since it opened its doors in 2012. It is really nice to still see the same staff from the opening year and be greeted with a smile and friendly service.

We have stayed in various room categories and sizes throughout the years and this time we were in Suite 411.

The room was very big and lovely with a bath, shower, large comfortable bed etc... but there was nothing done extra or special to make sure you know you have a suite or have stayed many times before. We did not get complimentary minibar or fresh fruit or some extraordinary treatment to make us feel special.

Our real and only issue with the rooms as that water pressure in the bath and shower was not very good, regardless of the time of the day and the temperature kept on changing all the time. Not a major drama but as the hotel has only been around for less than three years these issues should not happen.

The rooms are super comfortable, the staff very friendly and the atmosphere very homely. Highly recommended despite slight issues above. See my review from April 2012 for full details.

Room Tip: Higher rooms facing the internal courtyard rather than the tram in the front
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank gadir80

Dear Sir,

I thank you very much for having taken the time to leave your positive comment and for having chosen again our fairytale hotel foy your staying in Milan.

I thank you also for the note about the water pressure, I can assure you that we are doing our best to make that it does not happen again.

All the staff of Château Monfort and I is already looking forward to welcoming you back!

My warmest regards,

Reviewed April 10, 2014

I am pleased to say that I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Chateau Monfort. Rooms were about the standard size you would expect from a downtown Italian hotel - so not overly large if you want to compare to a chain-type hotel. When in Europe, the last thing I want however is to be in a Sheraton or Hilton ! My room was beautifully and uniquely decorated and had a balcony facing out into the street. Bed was deliciously comfortable. Room immaculately serviced each day. Nice touches such as sweets on the bed in the evening should not be ignored. Bathroom was large enough (again, by Italian standards) and elegantly outfitted. Good selection of toiletries were provided - although I rarely use in hotels. Breakfast each morning was generous with a large buffet selection of hot food, cold cuts, cheeses, pastries and fruit. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The bar was great and drinks were served with a great selection of tasty Italian nibbles. I ordered a basic pasta as room service one evening which was delicious. Unfortunately appears my order was initially misplaced as I had to call after an hour asking for my meal - which appeared 10 minutes later. This sort of thing does not worry me and as long as the matter is rectified immediately, no harm done! I also had lunch in the restarant one day which was delicious and again, impeccable service from the wait staff. The desk staff were helpful in suggesting great local restaurants and making bookings. It is well located - about a 10-15 minute walk to the Duomo and shopping precinct. I noticed that no one in their comments mentioned that the hotel is located next door to a food shelter for homeless men so the contrast of a 5 star hotel to where people next door are struggling to afford a meal is somewhat confronting. At meal times, there are long queues and a lot of people milling around. The hotel does have a barrier out the front (for want of a better word) which does block people out. It certainly did not bother me in the slightest and I was happy to hand over my currency to some of the men next door before checking out. All in all, I really enjoyed my stay at Chateau Monfort and would certainly return.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank KirstenMelbourne

Dear Mrs Kirsten,

I thank you for your beautiful feedback.
I'm really glad that you have appreciated our property, the room assigned and the food of our Executive Chef Marco Offidani.

I apologize for the inconvenience occured with the room service and I thank you for that note, it is also important for us to know the negative points in order to improve the quality of our service.

I really hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon to our fairytale castle.

My kindest regards