“Comfort and luxury in Milan”
Review of Chateau Monfort

Chateau Monfort
Ranked #8 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Chateau Montfort is a very nice, well priced traditional hotel in pretty much the centre of Milan. It’s in a beautiful, renovated building, and is only around 10 minutes’ walk from the main shopping area of Milan, and 20 minutes from the Duomo. The rooms are very nicely done, and comfortable. We didn’t have a chance to use the lobby bar (looked very nice) or restaurant as we were only there for one night. We didn’t use the spa either, though the significant additional charge to use these facilities (sauna and steam room I think) would have put me off anyway.

The valet parking was quite expensive but very convenient – it saved a few laps of the neighbourhood looking for a carpark – and the car was at the hotel door at 7am when we needed it next morning.

All in all, a very nice place to stay if you’re in Milan.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I had originally booked a hotel which turned out to be awful and I found this one last minute and am so happy I did! As is typical of the Relais & Chateaux group, this hotel was really charming and the service, breakfast, and room were all excellent. They also gave great restaurant recommendations. We were in walking distance of the Duomo and touristy area. The one small room for improvement would be that there is more concierge staff.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at this hotel in a triple room. Enchanting decor, great service,soundproof rooms (rare in Italy!), very good restaurant .Reading some of the reveiws I asked the menu with prices and was relieved - all was reasonable, around 20-30 euro.The food is excellent, especially lobster spagetti .
I did not go to the SPA (you have to pay extra 30 euro) so have nothing to say about it. But I think it should be included if you are a hotel guest.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was undecided about my opinion of Chateau Monfort on the first night. I was slightly disappointed about the room, even though it was decorated to a very high standard. The more we stayed however, the more I was able to discover this hotels true character. The quality of the interior design and attention to detail is nothing short of astonishing. The basement spa is probably the best I have ever seen (and just about worth the €30 a head to visit). The building oozes character and everything is arranged and balanced in an intriguing fashion. Make sure you ask to see the 'secret' room in the basement, and if you have time I imagine the wine tasting in the special wine cellar would be great fun. The staff were highly attentive and sometimes quite entertaining. The bar was very quiet on an evening, which was nice (but surprising). Recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I are permanently exhausted running our careers and balancing looking after our 3 year old daughter. We had a 1 night stay at Chateau Monfort, just the 2 of us, to relax and indulge a little. The hotel was perfect. The room was distinctively decorated in a way we loved, the welcome was very pleasant and friendly, the bar and restaurant served excellent food and drink while being initimately sized (maybe 12 tables?) giving a romantic feel. We'd love to go back. Service was impeccable - very smiley waiter, general manager greeting on arrival, lunch recommendations, room service lady very smiley. And all a stone's throw from the main shopping and sites as well as only 15mins from Linate airport. Highly recommend.

2  Thank RichardS650
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I'm sure you have staying in hundreds of sleek modern glass and stone hotels - you could be in any city in the world. Only the view from the window is different. Chateau Monfort located in central Milan close to the shopping district is a real treat. Built in an old palazzo. The interior is more Alice in Wonderland meets Tim Bruton. My first reaction was horror. But it's impossible not to love this hotel. The rooms are big, incredibly comfortable beds, well appointed bathrooms with powerful big showers. The deco is very soft with a great sense of humour. Delicious breakfast and Super friendly staff. My normal choice would be a clean, stark design - simple form and function. But Chateau Monfort makes a great change and will now be my regular Milan choice.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Fashnest
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We came to Château Monfort to test the brunch but we also had the opportunity to visit some rooms and meeting rooms. What could I say? Like Martin A, I can confirm that you have the feeling to enter a kind of Alice in Wonderland-world. Staff uniforms and furnitures are really original and funny but don't get me wrong all the staff is professional, smiling and pays attention to each single detail. The brunch takes place in a nice area of the hotel: mostly at the entrance, so it's luminous and peaceful. The buffet is well presented and the quality of the food is great. In a few words, I would describe Château Monfort as an island of quietness. So, I can only suggest you to go there and test the friendly brunch!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends