“7/10”

Ranked #41 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“7/10”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed here sometime mid last year. Location for shopping/ food/ sightseeing is ok. Room relatively small, toilet could use a little touch up. Considering the size of rooms in Italy are quite small, i must say the one i stayed in is pretty standard. Balcony was an added value.

Room Tip: Good place to shop. Bed could be more comfortable. Breakfast spread is good.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
FlaviaCa, Direttore vendite at Hotel Manzoni, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your comment.

We regret you did not find everything up to your expectation.

The Management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I thought my 2 nights in Milan would be just so-so, a sort of stopover spot between Paris and the rest of the cities my husband and I planned to visit for our 25th wedding anniversary. I had no expectations and was so pleasantly surprised when we arrived at Hotel Manzoni. We were taken up a hallway decorated in all marble---amazing! Our room was on the small side, but this is to be expected in Europe and us Americans have to realize that space is at a premium when visiting European cities. The room itself was gorgeous! There was luxurious wood panel and parquet hardwood floors. I've never stayed at a hotel with gorgeous hardwood floor before rather than carpet and I really liked the idea.

The bathroom was huge and all in marble. There was a bidet of course and the shower was oversized. We were located on a courtyard so there was no view, but it was quiet which I like since I am a light sleeper. The room felt a bit on the warm side, so we did end up having to open our window. I do not like sleeping when it's too warm. There were no screens so I was somewhat concerned that a bird would fly in, but thankfully, no avian visitors!

We stayed for two nights and were sad to leave. The breakfast is included in the room charge and we were eager to go down and have breakfast each morning in a small, but beautiful room. If you wanted to have your breakfast cooked to order, there was a menu with selections such as fried eggs and bacon or porridge. Otherwise, there was the typical European breakfast buffet that included cold cuts, hard-boiled eggs, bacon, sausage,yogurt and many types of bread items. Believe me, there was no problem finding something you'd like. I do not eat wheat and found many items that I could have each day. The service was more on the formal side, yet very attentive.

We felt very safe in this neighborhood and the concierge gave us a good map of Milan. We set out exploring and realized we were within easy walking distance of the Duomo, Galleria shopping mall,and all the amazing high end retail stores. I am not a shopper, but was totally amazed by the creativity of the store windows. You can tell it's a major occupation in Milan to make the store windows look amazing. Sadly, I cannot afford most of the prices of the high-end stores, but it didn't matter since it was so much fun to just walk and window shop. It did rain one afternoon so we decided to check out the fitness center. I used the treadmill and my husband used the exercise bike. I took photos of the various rooms I was so impressed and wished I had time for a sauna or massage!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donna224488
FlaviaCa, Direttore vendite at Hotel Manzoni, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

No need to add any extra information.

Thank you very much for your detailed comment.

We look forward to your future stay with us.

Uk
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great location in the middle of the shops, close to the Duomo/Scala and not far from the station if you want to venture to Como... Very small and boutique - had to wait for breakfast as the restaurant is small but not a major problem. Staff always polite and helpful. Exec room quite small but a lovely little balcony over looking the street.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to your future stay.

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I loved this small hotel! My room was very nice and clean, not very big but spacious enough. Staff at the front desk is very helpful and friendly and the shops of Via Monte Napoleone are in walking distance. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
FlaviaCa, Direttore vendite at Hotel Manzoni, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to write your personal comment.

We are gald you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I really can't say enough great things about the Hotel Manzoni. I really put a lot of thought into my brief stay in the center of Milan, and shopped many hotels in the area, but I kept coming back and listening to my "little voice", and it said to stay at the Hotel Manzoni. I was right! I discovered that there were many good reasons to be there.

Yes, it is more expensive that the Starhotels Ritz or Rosa Grande, the Una Hotel Cusani, and the hotels around Centrale Stazione, but in the end, it is in the very heart of the Golden Quad, in a safe and high-end neighborhood, close to a Metro stop, and within steps of the historic center of town and great dining. It was also less expensive than the Boscolo, The Gray, Hotel Straf, and of course half the price of the Four Seasons and the Armani & Bulgari Hotels, which were very close by.

I was welcomed warmly upon check-in, and was able to get into my room quite early, as requested, which was a big help, since I had a large suitcase. Perhaps the biggest help was that the front desk manager helped me get some laundry done, even though I missed the daily pick up from the dry cleaners. He truly went the extra mile to be helpful! Grazie!

My room was very nicely appointed. Even the renovated bathroom was very elegant and spacious. The best surprise about the bathroom was the "rain" type shower head. Perfect! The bathroom had a wall-mounted heating unit that made it quite toasty, even too warm, but it was adjustable.

I did have to open the window to my room in order to let some of the heat out, as it was stuffy at times, but that is normal in Europe. Even with the window open, there was very little noise outside in the evening. It was surprisingly quiet to be in the center of town. The bed was also very comfortable.

When it was time to leave, the front desk happily called a taxi and it arrived very quickly.

My only regret about my stay at the Hotel Manzoni is that it wasn't longer. I would return in a heartbeat and would recommend this "secret" spot to anyone who wants to spend time walking & shopping the best of the best in Milan.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank KelekeWahine
FlaviaCa, Direttore vendite at Hotel Manzoni, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your comment.

We really do not need to add anything more to your description.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully next time we will be able to meet you personally.

The management
New York
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Loved this hotel. You cannot stay anywhere else if you want to be in a shopper's paradise. All the best boutiques and arcades are in walking distance (as is the Duomo for some culture).

I really enjoyed the feel of this boutique feel. The rooms are small but feel spacious and quiet, that also include a well sized modern bathroom. Service was also very good, with helpful staff attending to our needs. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
FlaviaCa, Direttore vendite at Hotel Manzoni, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your comment.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Looking forward to welcome you soon.

Best regards,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Superbly located in the fashion district, within easy walking distance of major attractions and restaurants. Rooms and public areas were beautifully appointed. Reception staff were outstanding, helpful and friendly, offering exemplary service. We thouroughly enjoyed our stay.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

we truly enjoyed reading your comment.

Thank you for taking the time to enhance our location and service.

Looking forward to having you back soon.