See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 5, 2016

Stayed at this wonderfully quirky little hotel for 4 nights recently. Whilst it is small it is full of character and the staff really could not be friendlier. Our room was kept very clean with clean sheets and towels EVERY day!! Not many dearer hotels would provide that! It's in a fantastic location just 100 metres from the nearest metro station which will get you to the Il Duomo square in about 15 minutes. Lots of bars, shops and restaurants right outside the hotel. It's set back from the road in a small courtyard so is quite quiet also. Only downside as far as we were concerned is that the bathroom was tiny, but at the price we paid for the location, it was bearable. We would definitely stay is this marvellous little hotel again!

Room Tip: Our room, 116, is apparently their smallest room but we did have a balcony overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2016

Firstly, the location is good, and the building, nice. That's about the only good thing I could say. My room was tiny - the entire length was taken by a single bed and a wretchedly small bathroom. The shower was so cramped I literally had to exit it to turn around (and I'm not a fat bloke) and I could only sit on the toilet by jamming my knees under the washbasis. It said the room was air-conditioned, but it wasn't - it only had one of those rubbish portable coolers. Finally, when I asked to borrow an iron to press a shirt, I was told the hotel didn't have one and I'd have to go to the laundry down the road - really helpful staff!

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2015

Gr8 Location. Right next to the Metro, hardly 50 mtrs and u have a cheap lifeline to city travel. City centre is two stops , if you are late and no metro abt 9 euros by cab. Rooms just abt avg, we had taken three rooms, one interior was ok but rest two had carpets worn down. AC did not work in one room for two nights, big pain, do not adjust to that, without ventilation becomes a killer. No lift was working, tight staircase though one floor up. No views from rooms, this is inside a old building with a big courtyard.

Bathrooms ok but the shower is bit small, toileteries unlike other hotels are up to the mark and they give more if asked.

Service is very helpful and cooperative, they guide well, kept luggage for us in store as we arrived well before time, rooms were clean and well maintained, only breakfast at hotel and small spread but service was with a smile. Only issue a few staff do not know english and this becomes a game of signs which can be frustrating and hilarious.

Bar rates very reasonable. Supermarkets are nearby and well stocked. Good coffee joints and small eating places next to the main road nearby, also a macdonald (though why go to a macdee in land of pizaaaaaa). You can do room delivery orders too at reasonable rates which is a blessing after a hard days sightseeing.

One advice, if you are coming or going to airport, cabs are very costly, chose flights with timings when metro is working and you save a ton of money on transport from airport.

If they put some money in refurbishing the interiors, modernising ac's, lift and bathrooms this one would be a killer with the location.

Room Tip: One with working AC's
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2015

I am a world traveller and have stayed in hotels from all different levels from 5 star to huts and this has to top the worst hotel service that I have ever received! I was a given a single room with a window that I could not open during the hottest week this year in Milan and with a portable air conditioner that did not work. I repeatedly went to the manager to complain and his replies were that the air condition was good for him! I replied back saying are my shoes good for you? It was impossible to sleep at night and he offered to change my room to a bigger room but that I needed to pay extra. I did not want to pay extra for a room because the air condition did not work in my room. The shower was big enough for maybe a 10 year old and I could not even turnaround in the shower. The manager ignored my requests and I will see to it that anyone going to Milan WILL NOT stay at this hotel. He claimed that he was in the hotel business since age 5 but obviously did not learn customer service.

• Stayed: June 2015, traveled solo
Massyhf, Direttore at Hotel Fiorella Milano, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2015

we are sorry that the lady is not so happy even though he had a single room standar recently renovated, as the more times we repeated the AC was 18 degrees, but being the chubby lady we have recommended a larger room with shower largest and conditioner more grande..ma did not want to change rooms, then we advised to change hotel as we had too high expectations for a minimum cost but nothing. we are happy not to have more in our hotel as it gave only problem nonexistent

Reviewed September 28, 2014

Stayed 6 nights in this hotel. Very friendly people, great location, close to the subway. The walk to Duomo takes around 20 minutes through great parts of old Milan. Very clean (clean sheets and towels every day) and tidy.
Definitely great value for money. Way better than many other 3-4 stars hotel I've visited in Italy.
Four stars service at two stars price.

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple