See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 17, 2016

Firstly, the location is good, and the building, nice. That's about the only good thing I could say. My room was tiny - the entire length was taken by a single bed and a wretchedly small bathroom. The shower was so cramped I literally had to exit it to turn around (and I'm not a fat bloke) and I could only sit on the toilet by jamming my knees under the washbasis. It said the room was air-conditioned, but it wasn't - it only had one of those rubbish portable coolers. Finally, when I asked to borrow an iron to press a shirt, I was told the hotel didn't have one and I'd have to go to the laundry down the road - really helpful staff!

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2015

Gr8 Location. Right next to the Metro, hardly 50 mtrs and u have a cheap lifeline to city travel. City centre is two stops , if you are late and no metro abt 9 euros by cab. Rooms just abt avg, we had taken three rooms, one interior was ok but rest two had carpets worn down. AC did not work in one room for two nights, big pain, do not adjust to that, without ventilation becomes a killer. No lift was working, tight staircase though one floor up. No views from rooms, this is inside a old building with a big courtyard.

Bathrooms ok but the shower is bit small, toileteries unlike other hotels are up to the mark and they give more if asked.

Service is very helpful and cooperative, they guide well, kept luggage for us in store as we arrived well before time, rooms were clean and well maintained, only breakfast at hotel and small spread but service was with a smile. Only issue a few staff do not know english and this becomes a game of signs which can be frustrating and hilarious.

Bar rates very reasonable. Supermarkets are nearby and well stocked. Good coffee joints and small eating places next to the main road nearby, also a macdonald (though why go to a macdee in land of pizaaaaaa). You can do room delivery orders too at reasonable rates which is a blessing after a hard days sightseeing.

One advice, if you are coming or going to airport, cabs are very costly, chose flights with timings when metro is working and you save a ton of money on transport from airport.

If they put some money in refurbishing the interiors, modernising ac's, lift and bathrooms this one would be a killer with the location.

Room Tip: One with working AC's
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2015

I am a world traveller and have stayed in hotels from all different levels from 5 star to huts and this has to top the worst hotel service that I have ever received! I was a given a single room with a window that I could not open during the hottest week this year in Milan and with a portable air conditioner that did not work. I repeatedly went to the manager to complain and his replies were that the air condition was good for him! I replied back saying are my shoes good for you? It was impossible to sleep at night and he offered to change my room to a bigger room but that I needed to pay extra. I did not want to pay extra for a room because the air condition did not work in my room. The shower was big enough for maybe a 10 year old and I could not even turnaround in the shower. The manager ignored my requests and I will see to it that anyone going to Milan WILL NOT stay at this hotel. He claimed that he was in the hotel business since age 5 but obviously did not learn customer service.

• Stayed: June 2015, traveled solo
Massyhf, Direttore at Hotel Fiorella Milano, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2015

we are sorry that the lady is not so happy even though he had a single room standar recently renovated, as the more times we repeated the AC was 18 degrees, but being the chubby lady we have recommended a larger room with shower largest and conditioner more grande..ma did not want to change rooms, then we advised to change hotel as we had too high expectations for a minimum cost but nothing. we are happy not to have more in our hotel as it gave only problem nonexistent

Reviewed September 28, 2014

Stayed 6 nights in this hotel. Very friendly people, great location, close to the subway. The walk to Duomo takes around 20 minutes through great parts of old Milan. Very clean (clean sheets and towels every day) and tidy.
Definitely great value for money. Way better than many other 3-4 stars hotel I've visited in Italy.
Four stars service at two stars price.

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nicoleta20
Reviewed April 29, 2014

i stayed in Fiorella with a friend for 4 nights.

--> Main pros: <--
* The location is very convenient, in a lively area with many restaurants, shops and a market, and 2 min. walk from Wagner metro, a red line metro station which goes to all main attractions.
* Though centrally located, the hotel is in an inner courtyard, and thus very quiet at night time.
* The personnel is pleasant and helpful.
* Room was clean, bed comfortable, had a tiny balcony to the inner yard
* Shower had hot water - unlike previous comments we had absolutely no problem with heating and water temperature.

--> Main cons: <--
-->Note: we didn't really mind any but the 1st, but i am stating them for people that might find it relevant.
* The worst thing was room had slight but distinctive cigarettes odor that apparently came from the bathroom vent (not from the room itself). I have no idea if all other rooms share that problem. Since it was winter and fairly cold outside, it was almost impossible to vent the room.
* The bathroom (toilet + shower) is extremely narrow. Doubt if a bigger person can use it comfortably, as we (2 fairly skinny girls in their 30ies) had to adjust :)
* The WiFi connection wasn't stable in the room, fine at times and falling at times.
* The hotel is situated on a second floor of a building, without the ability to use the elevator. In case it is an issue for you, be aware.

--> So-So <--
* The rooms are small, though definitely sufficient if your purpose is to spend the night and see the city. The room had a bed, 2 (fairly big) closets, a shelf above the bed and a TV mounted on a wall. If you plan to spend some time in the room - you might want something a bit more spacious. BTW, the TV has a great variety of russian channels, in case it is a factor for you :)
* Breakfast: The breakfast is served in the hotel's dining room. The set is pretty basic (cereal, toast, yogurts, pastry, juice, coffee...). Though the products are basic and not all the pastries are very fresh, it is rich and definitely not bad and suffices to get you through the morning.

Over all, for a trip like ours (few days in the city with a friend, nothing too romantic or festive) - i would stay there again and most definitely recommend it, as it offered us GREAT value for money. For a romantic couples getaway i would probably look elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends