Lancaster Hotel
$246
$238
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan(Milan)(Great Value!)
$110
  • Pool
WORLDHOTEL Cristoforo Colombo(Milan)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsparco sempionearco della pacepeace archminute walkcadorna train stationgreat hotellovely balconylast supperloved milantram ticketswithin walking distancequiet areasforza castlemalpensa expresscity centrethe hotel staffnumber tram
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I booked this hotel for a long weekend in October 2013 for my 50th birthday and as I had never been to Italy before was extremely excited! I used Tripadvisor for the choice of hotel as there are so many to choose from and first time visits to a new city is a little daunting. We could not fault the hotel at all. Very pleasant staff greeted us and gave us lots of advice on how to get around the city and where Duomo Square was! Our room was a superior and it was beautiful. We had a little balcony which overlooked local resident’s properties but noise was minimal. The bathroom was clean stylish and very beautiful as was all fittings and furniture. Breakfast was a buffet style affair but instantly greeted by a very well presented host asking for your choice of teas or coffees! Wonderful espresso!
We are returning for another three nights at the end of January as we didn’t get to see inside the cathedral and some other beautiful sites. I thoroughly recommend this little family run hotel. It made our first trip to Italy a wonderful experience never to forget.

Room Tip: Definitely recommend a superior!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank George T
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed here three nights in December and really loved this charming hotel. The staff at the hotel are very friendly and helpful. The room was big with spacious bathroom, twin sinks, bidet, shower and bath. Our room faced the main road but the shutters and double glazing kept out any noise. The weather was very cold but the hotel was warm. Wi-fi very fast and free. There is satellite tv but very few channels show programmes in English. There is no kettle in the room so any hot drinks have to be ordered through room service which operates 24 hours but is expensive. Breakfast is fairly basic; cereals, toast, yoghurt etc. The neighbourhood is well supplied with bars, cafes and restaurants although I imagine it's better to visit when the weather is warmer so you could sit outside and enjoy the beautiful park. It seemed very quiet in the evenings. You can walk to the centre of Milan in about 25-30 minutes or there is a frequent tram service just one street away; buy tickets at one of the shops next to the tram stop.
Very impressed with Milan; a city with many attractions, great shops and restaurants and can't wait to go back. Just enjoyed wandering around the streets and window shopping.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lilian H
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Very nice hotel, Mauricio thanks for all your help, staff is great, room and bathroom are very clean, great breakfast. Location is nice, you will also find great restaurants around the hotel, check in and check out very fast.

Room Tip: 224, excelent room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank pandi1127
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights on recommendation of other reviewers and I was so glad we did. Over our 7 week trip across Europe, My husband, 3 children and I stayed in 15 hotels. This one, we all agreed, was the best.
The rooms were spacious and very comfortable. We had adjoining rooms for a very reasonable price.
The location, though not in the centre of the city was very convenient and well serviced by public transport.
Easy walk to park and attractions.
Staff very helpful - even arranged for me to go to the hairdresser at short notice and the hair dresser was excellent.
We would love to stay at Hotel Lancaster again. Thank you

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sarah L
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed at the Lancaster Hotel for my birthday while in Milan. I'm very pleased to say that it was nice and clean, friendly staff?
Very basic hotel, little tired and not the usual hotel I would stay in. But Milan is a very expensive city and this little hotel was just perfect!
We didn't use the wifi as I thought it was a little expensive. A member of staff kindly looked on the internet for tickets for 12 apostle dinner museum. Sadly there want any tickets. The breakfast was included, it was continental breakfast and it was very good. Hot tea and coffee. Orange juice fresh cakes and pastries.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple