“To avoid”
Review of Hotel Bocconi

Hotel Bocconi
Ranked #408 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Good position for the Bocconi University, but that is about it. Very old, expect for the hall, the only restructured part. The room are dirty and with old furniture, the price is outrageous, 170€ for a night. Luckily I had to stay only for one night, I will never go back

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 22, 2013

The positive aspects are the location and the breakfast. The hotel is located very close to Bocconi University and Porta Romana. For breakfast you can choose among a wide variety of food.

On the whole, it was a terrible stay and I don't recommend Hotel Liberty at all. Even though it is a four stars hotel, rooms are not furnished with air- conditioning. The problem is that reading the booking confirmation it is clearly written that the hotel provides customers with climatized rooms. It was so hot we hardly slept and we had to keep the window open the all night (with the traffic noise from Viale Bligny). The hotel staff did not do anything for the unacceptable inconvenient.
Moreover, everything is extremely dated (from the elevator to the bathroom in our room) except for the hall.
Finally, it's not value for money. We paid €110 for a service which is worth much less.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have just returned from three nights at The Hotel Liberty. I chose it as I needed to be in the area of Porta Romana so it was convenient for me. The walk to the metro is about 5 minutes and that was also a plus.
Continuing with the pluses I have to admit that the staff were friendly and helpful, especially the ladies in the restaurant at breakfast. Talking of which there was always a good selection of fresh fruit, cold meats, cheeses, muesli etc.
On the negative I had a room at the front and it was noisy with the tram going past. Also the bathroom was just horrible. There was a 'hydro' bath with yellowed jets that were full of limescale and the shower attachment was low so it was uncomfortable to shower and I certainly wasn't prepared to have a bath for fear of bacteria!
The lightbulbs made a buzzing sound in the bedroom and it was all very dated.
By day 3 the bathroom had a faint smell of urine....it made me imagine the cleaner putting her mop in the loo, it was quite gross!
They say they have wi-fi in the lobby but the reception was terrible and I could only pick it up on my iPad when I was standing by the front desk.
I can't pass comment on the bar as I didn't see anyone serving but I wouldn't have chosen to spend more time than necessary in the place!
All in all it is not a place I would wish to return to and even though I got a good deal through Travel Republic it was still too much. I just thank the heavens that I didn't pay the 'going' rate, I would have been truly resentful!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at Hotel Liberty. We had booked using vouchers. As we arrived we were told by reception "Oh yes, you cancelled". Therefore we had to pay to stay, one night while the mistake was rectified. We were continually assured that the matter was being delft with and would be sorted by time we checked out. However, on checking out we were told we had to pay for the other four nights. As we had already paid the voucher price, we refused and were told if we attempted to leave the police would be called. After we informed staff that we had a train to catch we were told if we wished to leave we must leave our suitcases in the hotel. We asked staff to contact the company yet the matter was not resolved for two hours, after which the manager told us "You just go now". We did no receive an apology.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 5dunne
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I was in Milan to take part in the convention. I have registered to the hotel through Venere service - 2 persons for 4 nights. I was trying to change my reservation for single occupancy few weeks before my arrival and again when I arrived (my wife have not joined me) but I was refused, so I had to pay for 2 though I stayed alone. When I got to the room the air conditioning was not working. There were no instructions about anything in the room. After going back and forth to the reception 3 times they finally sent someone. It turned out that the central air conditioning is broken, but there is a small air conditioner installed which can be turned on and off, but no possibly to control the temperature.
Then I found that the toilet flushing is causing a water leak from the tap, and that was not fixed till I left. The bed was just terrible - one of the 2 mattresses was so old that you could feel every spring in it, the other was slightly better. The WiFi was not working during the last 2 days. The room lock was so bad, I almost got stuck inside once.
To conclude, it was a terrible experience. Do not approach this hotel if you want to enjoy Milano.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Oddhat
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Just returned from a 3 night stay here.
It was part of a package deal with flights, (essentially I risked it and went for the cheapest!)

Pros;
Pretty decor.
Air con.
Bed and breakfast.
Tram runs on the very road outside (good for transport)
Maid changed the sheets and towels daily
Clean, tidy and space well used in the room.
Someone elses review wrote about the 'Puffy' receptionist - he is lovely and helpful
Free map
Lounge area in the lobby
Very good value bar (quad shot ameratto and coke for 8 euros!)
Nice bar called Exotic just down the road (pro of the bar would be Happy Hour!!)
Minibar
Supermarket down the road and a corner shop that sells bottled water for 40 cents!! I couldnt believe this.. its atleast £1 in england hah
We had a room with a balcony overlooking the garden

Cons;
NO SAFE?! although it is written on the site as standard
If you were at the front of the hotel i imagine the tram and traffic would be loud
Have had problems in the past with room service stealing (not from this hotel but we were warely of leaving our belongings)
Decor was definitely 'dated/aged' (i thought it had a romantic feel however)
Feather pillows (how often will you see this as a con haha! Partner is allergic however)
Heavy shower, cant alter shower head attachment so it literally poured out of four holes

However a truely enjoyable stay, we speak very very little Italian and all of the staff were very patient and actually spoke quite good English.
Would definitely stay here again, it had a vintage feel to it and was very pretty and very good value for money!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Parsl3y
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My friend and I recently stayed at this hotel on a three night break. The hotel is lovely, we were given two good size rooms on the 1st floor with balcony overlooking a small garden area. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and was always polite and helpful. The hotel is perfectly located for trams, metro, restaurants and bars. We practically walked everywhere even to the Cathedral in Dumo. The continental breakfast was ok. We found a lovely Cuban Bar (Rumeria y Tabaco) about 7-10 min walk, same road as hotel. They served delicious cocktails and food. Between 6-9pm you get 1 cocktail and eat as much buffet food for 7 euros, most places did the same but they were the best. The weather was fantastic, very hot.

Towels, shower gel and toothbrush/toothpaste changed with new every day even the box of tissues and toilet paper.

Room Tip: Room 101 on first floor overlooking small garden area is very nice and spacious, room 103 is spaciou...