Hotel Aosta - Gruppo MiniHotel
Melia.com
$145
$123
  • Breakfast included
WORLDHOTEL Cristoforo Colombo(Milan)(Great Value!)
$176
  • Pool
$567
$459
  • Restaurant
All reviewscentral stationmini frigclosest hotelmilano centraletop floorbreakfast roomovernight staymetro passperfect locationcinque terrerooms are quietmain sightsshort staygood sizelake comonoisy at nightfree wifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed this hotel for two days. It was gladesome, ıf you are new in the city. Near to central station&airtport bus stop. Rooms are small, clean. Breakfast is simple&sufficent with packaged crackers. Price is fair for Milan. We recommend this hotel especially for location.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank NurayZafer
Reviewed May 25, 2014

The good thing is the location for travellers: the hotel is very closed to the railway central station and subway connection. but rooms on square side are noisy to late in the evening.
The breakfast is basically served with packed food, poor quality and narrow diversity (the city view from rooftop is nice!).
Management is searching for profit in any service: no discount on room' price even if you check in very late in the night and... they charge a fee for wi-fi internet connection even if (at least on square side) there is available a free connection to the municipality wi-fi network for all citizens and tourists!

Room Tip: avoid rooms square side
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I have stayed here a few times after long flights and arrival at Milan Central Station, it was always a welcome respite very close to the station before continuing my journey home to Padova. It was never a flash hotel , but it was clean , safe, reasonably priced at 70 euros a night , the internet was 6 euros, the breakfast was good , including ham and cheese on the buffet spread as well as all the other stuff , a simple place , good value, friendly & helpful staff .
After a long flight, late at night, 17 May , I checked in with a not very switched on receptionist guy who first told me the card machine did not work , then I said well I have no cash , so he said he'd use the other machine , he then fumbled a bit with my credit card , did not seem focused and gave some lame excuse why the room price was now 20 euros dearer. I was beginning to feel I was dealing with someone a bit dodgy at this stage ........I did not remember till after I was showered and in bed that Id forgotten to enquire about the internet before going to my room . On a phone call to reception I was told , since I had stayed at the hotel before I MUST KNOW I should have asked for and paid for the internet when checking in , if I wanted it now I MUST come down to reception. I immediately thought how unprofessional it was that he did not think to offer me the internet before I left reception. Maybe they are embarrassed to ask for the money because after all these days, most hotels offer complimentary internet so its not a given thing that one would need to ask for it. This guy suggesting I should know about it since I had stayed there before was extremely rude and smacked of ignorance , I immediately thought ...since I have stayed in possibly a fifty hotels since my last visit to this one six months ago , I was thinking how it was possible to recall the policies of every single hotel one has stayed in at 11 pm at night after a 30 hour flight. It was out of the question to get dressed, go down stairs just to pay for and get the internet code.
I began cursing that receptionist for his poor training, audacity and lack of common sense.

Then , I tried the TV, it did not work , it simply did not switch on , I abandoned the idea. Then I thought id settle with a book with the side light on , it did not work either. My god what has happened to this once decent hotel was all I was thinking.
Breakfast time , the buffet has been down graded .... no more ham and cheese .
I checked out , the morning reception guy was very friendly and intelligent , he noted my concerns , mainly because I don't want others who follow me into room 709 to be disappointed with no reading lamp, no TV and no ham or cheese for breakfast.
I returned home , then discovered Id left my favourite most comfortable ,shabby looking sand shoes in the room . No , no shoes were found . I was told when I rang to report me leaving them in the room . I know exactly where id left them beside the bed near the window , because I had made a mental note not to forget them. Then thats what happened .
Now if they had been honest , and still had my shoes , I could have forgiven all the rest , because after all I have had decent service at this hotel before . Maybe it was just a glitch .
BUT NOW
It is a no go zone for me . Increased price , unintelligent service , ( except the morning reception guy who was excellent )
The most damaging thing a hotel can do is not being honourable to guests when they mistakenly leave things behind in a room. Dishonest room staff are often to blame for this kind of happening . MANAGEMENT ARE TO BLAME FOR DISHONEST STAFF.
Sorry Aosta hotel ...you have lost my business. I do not trust you any more.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
7  Thank Saskiagrav
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed at this hotel by accident - it was late at night, and I chose the first hotel I could find. It is expensive, but it's also a lovely hotel. The rooms are small and modest, but very clean and pleasant. The beds are comfy, and the breakfast included is delicious (if a bit restricted in choice).

The staff are nice, and I definitely enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Cormac O
Reviewed December 24, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is its location. It it situated approximately 100 metres from the Stazione Centrale di Milano (Milan's central railway station). From our point of view, it was one of the few good things going for this establishment.
After arriving in Milan by train, we found our way to the hotel by about 2.00 pm, on a Sunday afternoon and were "greeted" by a rather surly gentleman on duty at reception. Despite having booked and paid in full, six months in advance, we were advised that we were required to pay an extra €2 per person tourist tax, allegedly levied by the Milan municipal authorities. This was the second time that this had happened to us during our travels in Europe. It appears to be an interesting scheme for somebody to make just a little more money out of tourists who have already injected significant amounts of money into the local economy.
We were given some basic information about breakfast and then directed to the lift to find our own way, with our luggage to our room located on the third floor. When we stepped out of the lift on the third floor, we found ourselves in a dark and dinghy corridor with our room located almost directly opposite the lift. On entering our room, we found it also to be dark and dinghy! The window in the room overlooked the large square next to the railway station but the view was obscured by partially closed, large steel shutters which contributed to the lack of light in the room. There were no curtains on the window!
The room was simply furnished and would best be described as being basic and plain. There were two single beds with very firm mattresses and a few other basic furnishings, including a television. The bathroom was adequate and clean but badly in need of updating.
There were no tea or coffee making facilities provided in the room. The window could not be opened. It was probably double-glazed to minimise the noise from the heavy traffic outside the hotel.
Next morning, a buffet-style light breakfast was provided in a small dining room on the eighth floor of the hotel. Whilst it was adequate as a light meal to start the day, it was by no means lavish.
Check-out was straight forward and efficient and on this occasion, we were dealt with by a slightly more personable gentleman. As soon as we returned our key and paid our €4 "tourist tax", we were quickly on our way to catch the airport shuttle bus which originates at a stop adjacent to the railway station. Very convenient!
To summarise, if you are after a touch of luxury then the Aosta is not the hotel for you. If, however, you are just looking for a place to lay your head, in a central location close to the main railway station and with easy access to the airport shuttle buses, then this hotel may suit you.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple