“Great Value and Good Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel San Francisco

Hotel San Francisco
Ranked #100 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Great Value and Good Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I had a business associate book another hotel for me and after the first night I started looking for another Hotel. I saw that Hotel San Francisco had good reviews so I booked a room for five nights online and received a very good price. (This was half the price of the other hotel I did not like) The hotel is under renovation but the room was very nice. Top floor overlooking the garden. Free Wi-Fi and I am very glad that I changed my Hotel to this location. The staff is friendly and the breakfast is good. (Standard breakfast for Europe) If you are an American keep in mind that hotels is Europe in general are smaller than what we are used to. I am glad I used this hotel and I saved a lot of money for my company. It is also in walking distance to the Subway/Train system the Red and Green line. Within 20 minutes you can be all the famous sites. (This includes the walk to the train)

Room Tip: Top Floor overlooking the Garden (not street side)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Milan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

there were renovation works going in process during our stay in this hotel (January 4-January 11). Freezing in the room, the heating was switched off during the day time for several hours and at night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

4 Thank Elena I
Willowbrook, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Just about a 7 Minute Red Line Rail Ride from Loretto to Central Milan. The staff especially Carlos was extremely helpful. The Hotel is under renovations but it was a great stay. Breakfast was eggs with breakfast meats, assortments of pasteries, breads & rolls. Fruit, Ham and Cheese. Cereal, Yogurt (Great for families) Fresh juice, water coffee, and Expresso (all included!). Carlos was always there to explain where to go and how to get there. This was recently purchased ib September 2012 by new owners (hence the renovations) and they really asked for input about what to serve for breakfast, what the rooms needed or lack. I really liked that. When you leave to go out, you give them your room key which was nice because you never had to worry about loosing it. It is a pretty busy street but durning the week, the street was pretty quite. On the weekends I would assume that you might hear more street noise. Area seemed safe, we were 3 gals and we walked alot but at night after 8 we always took a taxi back to the hotel. The Rail lines are withing walking distance and are clean. The garden yard looked beautiful but it was too clod to enjoy on our trip.

Room Tip: The Hotel is still under renovations. They anticipated to be complete by April 2013. If booking pr...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

My friend and I arrived at about 10 in the morning and asked to just leave our luggage so that we could explore the city until check-in time. The man at the desk told us to stay and eat a (free!) breakfast and that our room would be ready in a few minutes. (we ate breakfast there every day and were impressed with the variety- several choices of fruit and different types of breads,eggs, bacon, coffee, tea, juice...) I didn't catch this receptionist's name, but he was very, very kind and pleasant for our whole stay and spoke good English as well. He gave us a map of the city and showed us where his favorite restaurant was.
Our room was clean and very quiet! I slept there better than I sleep in my own home! We were glad to be out of the center of the city, and it was incredibly easy to get to all the attractions by metro or even by walking. (shout out to the GREAT metro system in Milan!)
Lots of TV channels, though they were all in Italian. Wifi worked even in our 3rd floor room. Worst complaint is that the shower took several minutes to heat up, but really. It was outstanding for the price. I would recommend this place to anyone in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank jessicalynnmerrill
gardanne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Location near University and Politecnico at an interesting rate is very convenient.
Staff is very kind and present 24h/24h
Breakfast, included in the room price is good and nicely presented.
Quality/price is interesting: to be recommanded for people travelling in Milano

Room Tip: Even windows are new ones, some noise are coming from the street during the night. Avoid rooms on st...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Date, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Clean and comfortable room. Person in front desk speaks English. Free Wi-Fi connection. Walking distance from the metro station. The way I felt safe. These conditions are enough to stay a hotel for business purpose.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

This hotel is a jewel. Rooms were very comfortable and the reception is outstanding. Breakfast was the best we had in our stay in Italy. Well located. Far enough away from the crowds, but easily accessible to public transportation, shopping, restaurants, etc. Room was not bad-sized for Italy and bathroom small (but if you want big bathrooms, don't travel to Europe or stay in an American chain hotel). We love the ambiance of local hotels. Some traffic noise outside, but then I live in an area with traffic, so it did not disturb me. Wi-fi is excellent. Best of all--it is easy on the budget. We were four adults traveling together and had two double rooms. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends