“Incredible shellfish. Would love to return.”
Review of Charmant

Charmant
Ranked #1,414 of 8,272 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
London, England, United Kingdom
“Incredible shellfish. Would love to return.”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

I visited with colleagues from Milan that have been dining out at Ristorante Charmant since it opened. It's a wonderful local seafood restaurant that serves dishes cooked simply but incredibly well. I'd highly recommend shellfish: mussels, shrimps, clams and lobster. Perfect. I'd love to return.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank StephenWaddington

Singapore, Singapore
“Seafood Lovers Paradise”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Given the great reviews below there is really no need for another one. Yet Charmant really has become my favourite seafood restaurant and every time I am in Milan I keep coming back. The place is not fancy and is owned by a nice Italian man Rocco (not sure if I spell it right)

Most seafood are from the south of Italy where Rocco is from. My local Italian in laws took me there for the first time last year and since then I am hooked.

I have tried a lot of their dishes - oysters (I think the only seafood from france), razor clams cooked in a wine sauce, crab salad, monkfish and salmon and other fresh fish ceviche (typically marinated with some small red chilli and oil - not spicy though)

I always finish with a pasta dish and it really was delicious. I am going back in September.

unpretentious, fresh, attentive service, reasonably priced and a place where locals go....

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank travelling-slumber
Boston, MA
“5 Star Fish!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Wow! What a meal. I've eaten here twice now and I would detour through Milan to eat here again. Absolutely fabulous. Fresh fish and seafood in a comfortable setting; gracious hosts and waitstaff. Excellent wine, very fair prices and a terrific grappa to end with. What could be better?

• Visited October 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent seafood and great service”
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

We were very fortunate to find near our apartment a great restaurant that serves the fish my father in law was craving. We came early without reservation and they were so kind to fit us in as well as translate for us, as we spoke very little Italian. The food was great, we had the pasta with shrimp and artichokes as well as steak with pepper sauce and sea bass. All very enjoyable, would definitely recommend, but plan on reserving ahead as most of tables had reserved on them.

1 Thank Sarah T
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent fresh seafood but rather expensive”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have eaten here twice and both times had an incredible fish feast but beware of the specials as they are quite expensive and can give you a fright when the bill arrives. A recommended seafood restaurant in milan. Booking is essential as it is small and popular.