“Very typical place in Milan”
Review of Pandenus Tadino

Pandenus Tadino
Ranked #4,786 of 8,770 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stazione Centrale
Reviewed May 7, 2013

It's not easy to say if this is a cafeteria, pub or a restaurant. The place is open from the early (Italian :-) ) morning till the late evening. It looks to run by family and there are almost no tourists inside. Most of the guests looks to be a friends of the owner or at least visiting the place daily. It makes the atmosphere smooth, nice and very relaxed.

It was very close to the hotel we stopped, so we were taking there breakfasts daily. The food is very good and coffee is perfect. You must have in mind this is an Italian breakfast so, sth sweet, sandwich (think after 9:00 am), coffee and fresh orange juice - which I do recommend.

What can be confusing the the first time is lack of menu and prices. Maybe it's possible to ask for sth but all people are just ordering at the counter, take what they ordered to the table and pay just before leaving the cafeteria. Anyway the prices are reasonable and comparing to the downtown I would even say low so, don't be afraid to try :-)

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We where looking for a place to get some lunch and we stumbled upon this little gem. Nice looking restaurant with only italians occuping it and cars parked randomly in the intersection outside = usually a safe bet. They had six courses to choose from aswell as some pizzas and sandwiches. We had roastbeef with potatoes topped with olive oil and a glas of red whine, the food was 10 euro and the whine was 3,5 (for each of us). A nice and unexpected threat was the little pizza slizes as a appertizer. Good service and great value for money and we would certainly go there again for lunch.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is a very efficiently run café/wine bar.... (I have only been there for aperitifs). After our first visit (at a distance of two weeks) the manager remembered what I had ordered and why. This is real customer care. The nibbles are interesting and varied, the drinks very well prepared (at least, the margaritas are :-)). My only comment - it is rather noisy, but this could be a plus for some.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Was there earlier today at "Pandenus" in piazza Risorgimento with a friend for a quick bite. No price list to check before ordering. No prices on display. Only at my insistence did the waitress detail costs for each dish. My friend ordered a chicken couscous dish and I instead went for a cheaper coffee and croissant. Overpriced but it's quite trendy and maybe it's part of the deal to receive a sloppy service... But I don't think it's acceptable that a waitress - as a matter of fact two of them - should quite matter-of-factly wipe their sneakers with the same cloth they used a second later to clean the counter! If you are picky go somewhere else. At least one good point: they do release a regular bill and not a piece of tissue paper.

2  Thank Maylinda
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We searched high and low around Milan for a cafe that served something more than coffee and croissants. Our friends who live here said this was the only place they knew of, which we drove across town to visit - and it was 100% worth it! This place is incredible. The freshest sandwiches with homemade bread, fruits and yoghurts (see photo), amazing coffee and the sweetest blood orange juice. I would happily have breakfast here everyday of my life. Amazing place!

Review collected in partnership with NH Hoteles