“Much Posh, Very Fashion, So Bling, Wow.”

Armani Hotel Milano
Ranked #12 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed December 30, 2013

"plays besame mucho at the background"

Pros:
1. Interior design of the room is beautiful. You feel like a classic hollywood celebrity.
2. Large beautiful bathroom, very well designed, down to the lighting.
3. Just opposite shopping district
4. Large bedroom, high quality bedsheets, pillows, bedspreads
5. Snacks & drinks refillable
6. Located beside subway
7. Breakfast is very lux and posh. You feel like you need to dress a tuxedo to eat.
8. The chocolates are delectable.

Cons:
1. Sometimes you get a feeling like the staff is looking at how you dress and judging you.
(Or maybe its just me... but they do dress very nicely.)
2. Service is a little cold at times. Can be warmer.
3. Quite expensive.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SkaiCaelestis
Lisa S, Manager at Armani Hotel Milano, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Decchub,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Armani Hotel Milano and for having dedicated some of your time to share your detailed review.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the spacious and comfortable guestroom and its amenities, and that you appreciated the hotel’s central position and our breakfast.

Thank you for sharing also your feedback for improvement. At Armani Hotel Milano we are committed to genuinely take care of our guests. Please know that we have already reviewed your notes with the team.

On behalf of the entire team we all look forward to being able to welcome you back soon.

Regards,

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I sincerely advise the hotel management to order a good long-time training for all the staff regarding service and hospitality. They have no idea how to make a guest feel comfortable. They are too relaxed for a 5* hotel staff.
I have been trying to reach the room service by phone (wanted to have some water in the room) for 10 minutes, but no one replied! I had to go upstairs to repection in order to be serviced.
Then when checking out, we had to wait for 20 minutes to be serviced, because there was only one girl at the reception, and then....suddenly!!!...three other people from staff have appeared! Why can't they follow what is happening at reception? It seems that they did not have many people staying at the hotel...
In addition, despite thick windows, we heard all the trams passing by the street, which was quite annoying, especially in the evening...

Room Tip: It is not worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kukuruzina

Dear Kukuruzina,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay at Armani Hotel Milano.

We are sorry to learn that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any shortfall in standards.

At Armani Hotel Milano we are committed to respond quickly and effectively to our guests’ requests. Please know that we have already reviewed your notes with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and to having the chance to restore your trust and confidence in us.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We had an early appointment to go see the Last Supper. On the way to the church, we noticed the Armani Hotel, and decided to return for breakfast. OMG, this was so worth it. We took the elevator to the 7th floor which had a beautiful view over the rooftops of Milan. It was enchanting. We were the first people in the restaurant and the staff was incredible. My husband had an omelet, and I had steamed vegetables. We did not get the buffet, as it was very expensive and we did not want to eat that much. We sat and drank coffee and just enjoyed the view. The hotel is beautifully decorated and worth seeing.

After leaving the hotel, we found a gorgeous rococo church directly across the street. The hotel is in the middle of the "Golden Triangle" so it was easy to leave there and visit all the high end shops.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JamesBondLosAngeles

Dear JamesBond,

Thank you very much for leaving this gratifying note and for sharing your experience at our Ristorante.

On behalf of the entire team we all look forward to being able to welcome you again here at Armani Hotel Milano soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I live in Milan for over 5 years, so I consider myself almost local here now.
I know most of the hotels in Milan and stayed in most of them. I stayed in Armani this week since my friends were visiting and wanted to have this experience. I did not convince them otherwise, since a guest at Bamboo bar many times I never stayed in the hotel itself previously and wanted to try it.
Very familiar with Armani style one should expect infamous 'greige' color everywhere and a minimalistic style. Of course it's a matter of personal opinion but I believe in the hotel itself it is bizzardly overboard and depressing.
Elevators only work with the use of the magnetic room key, mine refused to cooperate for some minutes and I was closed in one of the elevators without moving anywhere till I pressed on door open button and tried the exsercise all over again.
After a check in in the lobby, you are taken in a limitedly litten corridor which seems endless and astonishingly identical all the way through to your room. The best way to describe it (came to my mind while walking) was a corridor of an underground garage, from cement where each door seems to be a car storage. In the room the situation in terms of light or setting did not improve much.
The bathroom was enourmos and somehow bigger then the room which was quite odd. The heat for some strange reasonable was very high, and the rest of our stay we battled with it. We tried to lower it with remote control, called reception numerous times trying to u understand what is it we are doing wrong. The end result was-we opened the window for a bit, but then had to close it since it was really cold outside those days. Opening a window was a challenge. During the night it was unbearably hot, we couldn't sleep I had no cover on and woke up with a distinct feeling of having crossed the desert. Drank 3 bottles of water during the process.
Room is minimalistic in style, gray and black everywhere, strange amount of doors with no handles, door to the room, isolation door, doors to closets, doors to bathroom, shower, corridor in between, by door 3 it starts to bug you, even if you have figured out a way to open them. I constantly fell like I am doing a crossword puzzle between doors, switches, elevators, exiting the room and finding the elevators in identical dark halls, and heat.
Additionally an astonishing thing (maybe we did not figure something out but...) was the pillows on the bed. They all seemed to be for decoration and none for sleeping. The ones that seemed the sleeping type judging by the size were dressed in the strangest very rough fabric almost like trench but worse, that I could not possibly put my face on. For a while I thought maybe other pillows are hidden somewhere, but no, we called the reception again and they did not advice us on the wearbouts of the other pillows and offered to bring new ones. After which they were not delivered for more then half hour. I called back again to see if they were on their way and finally they appeared.
When I read trip advisors reviews after my stay, and some individuals continue to talk of 'experience' I had a slight doubt that possibly they worked for the brand. Overall feeling at the check out: you have been visiting and staying in a very luxury jail and you are released.

CONCLUSION:
On the positive note: great bed, bed sheets, and new pillows, good view from the room, moderately pleasant staff, great location.
On the negative: unless you adore crossword puzzles and grey color everywhere, and unless the hotel is covered by your company, you can find so many amazing alternatives with the same location and same or better view. Some of the suggestions are: Grand Hotel Milan (next door, we ended up moving there for the reason of the heat), Bulgari Hotel, Principe de Savoy, 4 Seasons.

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank YAstra
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

My Expectation were very high, but unfortunately the hotel service as well as the food & beverage quality (the worst margarita I ever hat in my life) did not met my expectations at all! Also my jacket which I got back from the laundry was damaged due to wrong handling by the laundry team! It seems that the management is saving on wrong areas which is a pity, because the hotel it self is beautiful and located next to the dome.......

The restaurant manager (during breakfast) was more than service
& quality driven, but he had to cover the service breakdowns by the
service employees!

Over all, not satisfying. Next time I probably stay with the other fashion brand who runs also Hotels.....

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank MBTBerlin
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We spent 5 nights in a premier room, they gave us a room on the 6th floor with a very nice balcony looking over the cathedral, fantastic view
Our room was prepared as requested, with the baby bed ready in the room, even the temperature was set to exactly to 22 as requested !
The beds & the towels were very clean and high quality,
The bathroom was fantastic, and amenities were absolutely superb
Defiantly 5 star experience

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Fahad A
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I was looking forward to my stay at the Armani hotel in Milan. We had booked two nights in a suite. We arrived and were taken straight up to reception which is on the seventh floor. It was a light area with lovely views over Milan. The staff were very helpful and welcoming the floor was a stylish black which unfortunately marked every time somebody walked on it and a little man popped out to sweep it.

We were then shown down some very dark windowless corridors on a lower floor, the walls appeared to be padded and one almost felt that someone was going to jump out and put one in a straight jacket. The lack of light and the colour of the design was quite depressing. The room doors had no handles everything was operated electronically by the room key card, which is useful.
The suite itself was large but bland, dark and decorated in rather depressing colours, there were no pictures on the walls and the view out off the window was something akin to a prison camp. Good wifi connection and a complimentary non alcoholic mini bar, if you required an alcoholic drink you had to order it.

The bed was absolutely blissful, the sheets were of a very high quality and the pillows extremely comfortable. The bed is not made with pillows, presumably for design sake, so if you arrive after a long flight and want to nap in the afternoon you have to find them in the cupboard.

The bathroom was large and had a good walk-in shower and large bath there was minimal toiletries available. The Armarni shower gel smell was quite manly. I never understand why a toothbrush and toothpaste is not available in these hotels since the restrictions of liquids in hand luggage. There was no body lotion on view, apparently I could've found in the drawer, I did look but I didn't find it. There was no magnifying make up mirror. The toilet floor was stained but clean.

All the lighting, the television and the curtains were operated from a remote control and from electronic panels built into the walls. If you are somewhat visually challenged and need glasses this is highly frustrating as you need to put your glasses on to read the lighting or the remote control. What is wrong with a simple light switch? I really feel that design paramount in this hotel and not ease of living or joy of life.

The spa was a little disappointing there was a big square pool that was not suitable for swimming, it had week Jacuzzi jets around two sides but no power should jets. The sauna and solarium could only seats to people there was no room to lie down and there was no ice in the sink to use for cooling down.

We visited Armani nightclub below, there did not appear to be a dance floor merely sofas and areas around them and the bar to dance or to be looked at. book a table to sit at one was expected to order at least £500 of drinks, a fact the hotel staff failed to inform of us when we booked the table.

The staff they were marvellous, and the bed was divine but there is something wrong when you just can't wait to get out of your room into the world beyond.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple