“Amazing Minimalistic Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Hong Kong, China
“Amazing Minimalistic Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

This hotel is something. We had once a normal room for private and one time the suite.
Standard room is simply amazing. This hotel has no big frames or paintings or plants like other hotels. Minimalistic totally. Its all about fabrics on the floor, wall and lights. Grey is not my colour but it looks amazing there. Rooms offer all the things you need for shower, coffe and the beds are more than soft. The big suite has a massive stair going up. with a minimal lightning and amazing simple furniture. If somebody rings on the doorbell it shows you on the TV. Flowers everywhere, amazing smell, middle of the luxury boutiques. Enjoy this magical masterpiece hotel. The wood barr is also amazing. the light is on the floor. Very warm colours and stuff is incredible.

Room Tip: Whatever you choose is great!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Worldtraveller1900
Aaron K, General Manager at Armani Hotel Milano, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your recent posting and in portraying so much joy of your recent stay with us, I was delighted to read of how much you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything was to your liking. I do hope to welcome you for a 3rd time very soon and in the meantime I send you my best wishes.
Aaron Kaupp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The rooms are great and the bathroom is wonderful. Location is perfect to see city by walking and very closed to famous shopping area. The hotel is so modern that's why I found atmosphere a bit cold from the lower ground but the reception stuff and the house keeping were wonderful. The service was generally great except breakfast. There weren't enough waiters to serve and they make you uncomfortable to ask for anything. The Hotel restaurant Nobu was terrible nothing like Nobu in the other cities in Europe. We asked several different meal and wine from the menu but they couldn't offer us it was all out of stock. I still would suggest to try the hotel itself.

Room Tip: ask room from higher floor and from the front side
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

thank you for your recent posting and for complimenting the team that took great care of your while with us, I was sorry to read that your dining experience at Nobu was not of your satisfaction and I will make sure that it gets brought to the attention of the Manager there. I do hope to have the pleasure to meet you personally on your next trip to Milano even if not staying with us I would be delighted to offer you a coffee or tea.

london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Overall: the service was pleasant and welcoming. The room (executive deluxe on 6th floor) was clean and quiet (with a balcony but the view was nothing exceptional). However we will not be back as the overall ambiance of the hotel was cold (starting from the ground floor lobby - which resembles more a typical italian apartments complex entrance rather than a 5 *****L hotel- to the restaurant which resembled more a luxury cafeteria) and the same time soffocating and unsettling (our room was overly decorated with little space to move around; in addition never experienced such unfriendly, featurless corridors to the point that the next morning we felt the urge of exiting the hotel in a rush to experience normality again). Positive: the reception staff was very professional and attentive; the greeting in the street entrance was prompt and corteous. The breakfast offered a good variety of food with some local specialties (top quality ingredients). The room was spotless and the bed confortable. Negative: As mentioned before the main negative for us was the overall design of the hotel. We feel that a hotel should offer confortable, relaxing and inspiring environments and more than anything a home away from home. In our opinion this hotel instead offered (for the deluxe room) a soffocating experience while the minimalist approach was so excessive for the common areas it become synonym for scarcity and desolation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank caglbllondon
Dear Guest,

thank you for your recent post after your stay with us, I was delighted to read that the team took great care of your every needs and sorry to learn that the design of the Hotel was not to your liking and that it felt cold and not comfortable to you. I do hope that on your next trip to Milano I will have the pleasure have host you for a coffee and to hear more about what it was that could have been done differently.

Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Wonderful concierge and service
We came from New Zealand and the location was excellent ,
The top floor hamman and view from the enclosed pool was fantastic.
Wonderful bathrooms!!
We can't wait to return

• Stayed January 2013
Aaron K, General Manager at Armani Hotel Milano, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your recent posting on TripAdvisor, I was delighted to read that you truly enjoyed your stay with us and that the Staff made the difference specially considering how far you were away from home.
I do look forward to welcoming you back with us hopefully in the near future.
Kind Regards,
Shanghai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

If you are going to be in Milan this is the only hotel to stay at. Not only are the accomodations beautiful but the staff is amazing. Everyone refers to you by your name and they truly make you feel at home. I was lucky enough to spend my birthday there and when I was leaving for the day my favorite doorman, a lovely young man from Sicily, smiled at me sincerely and said "Good morning and happy birthday. I hope you have a great day!" The front desk must have noticed my date of birth on my passport. This small and unexpected gesture truly made my birthday even more special. This is the definitinon of hospitality. I travel frequently for business purposes and I have never felt more welcome, pampered, and taken care of than I did during the week I stayed at Armani Hotel Milano.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Aaron K, General Manager at Armani Hotel Milano, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your wonderful review of your Birthday trip to Milano and I am delighted to read that your stay was made extra special by the attention of my wonderful team specially on your Birthday. It was wonderful to know that you have found a new " home with us " in Milano and we all look forward to welcoming you back with us.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Best location superb rooms ,staff and bar just like ot should be. Need to wait to be served during the breakfast. but worst Nobu Restaurant on the ground floor, didn't have three wines and 2 main course on the menu

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your postive review of your recent stay with us It was a pleasure to have you sojourn with us and hopefully I will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future with us.
I would be interested to hear your thoughts on Nobu you can contact me at akaupp@armanihotels.com

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
KInd regards,
schweiz
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Armani Style, TOP. for many the technology in the rooms might be a bit too much. rooms are great, well maintained and just the best in Milano.
Try to get one of the room with a little outside space. its just perfect when the sun is out. The location could not be an better. what was once the Bulgari Hotel ( many years ago) is now the Armani.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

it was a pleasure reading your recent review of your stay with us and I was delighted to read that you have found a "new home away from home " with us in MIlano.

I look forward to welcoming you back with us very soon.