“Great staff... 'shining' ambiance”

Armani Hotel Milano
Ranked #6 of 427 Hotels in Milan
london
“Great staff... 'shining' ambiance”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Overall: the service was pleasant and welcoming. The room (executive deluxe on 6th floor) was clean and quiet (with a balcony but the view was nothing exceptional). However we will not be back as the overall ambiance of the hotel was cold (starting from the ground floor lobby - which resembles more a typical italian apartments complex entrance rather than a 5 *****L hotel- to the restaurant which resembled more a luxury cafeteria) and the same time soffocating and unsettling (our room was overly decorated with little space to move around; in addition never experienced such unfriendly, featurless corridors to the point that the next morning we felt the urge of exiting the hotel in a rush to experience normality again). Positive: the reception staff was very professional and attentive; the greeting in the street entrance was prompt and corteous. The breakfast offered a good variety of food with some local specialties (top quality ingredients). The room was spotless and the bed confortable. Negative: As mentioned before the main negative for us was the overall design of the hotel. We feel that a hotel should offer confortable, relaxing and inspiring environments and more than anything a home away from home. In our opinion this hotel instead offered (for the deluxe room) a soffocating experience while the minimalist approach was so excessive for the common areas it become synonym for scarcity and desolation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank caglbllondon
Aaron K, General Manager at Armani Hotel Milano, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your recent post after your stay with us, I was delighted to read that the team took great care of your every needs and sorry to learn that the design of the Hotel was not to your liking and that it felt cold and not comfortable to you. I do hope that on your next trip to Milano I will have the pleasure have host you for a coffee and to hear more about what it was that could have been done differently.

Aaron Kaupp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Arabic first
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Wonderful concierge and service
We came from New Zealand and the location was excellent ,
The top floor hamman and view from the enclosed pool was fantastic.
Wonderful bathrooms!!
We can't wait to return

• Stayed January 2013
Aaron K, General Manager at Armani Hotel Milano, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your recent posting on TripAdvisor, I was delighted to read that you truly enjoyed your stay with us and that the Staff made the difference specially considering how far you were away from home.
I do look forward to welcoming you back with us hopefully in the near future.
Kind Regards,
Shanghai
Reviewed January 27, 2013

If you are going to be in Milan this is the only hotel to stay at. Not only are the accomodations beautiful but the staff is amazing. Everyone refers to you by your name and they truly make you feel at home. I was lucky enough to spend my birthday there and when I was leaving for the day my favorite doorman, a lovely young man from Sicily, smiled at me sincerely and said "Good morning and happy birthday. I hope you have a great day!" The front desk must have noticed my date of birth on my passport. This small and unexpected gesture truly made my birthday even more special. This is the definitinon of hospitality. I travel frequently for business purposes and I have never felt more welcome, pampered, and taken care of than I did during the week I stayed at Armani Hotel Milano.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Aaron K, General Manager at Armani Hotel Milano, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your wonderful review of your Birthday trip to Milano and I am delighted to read that your stay was made extra special by the attention of my wonderful team specially on your Birthday. It was wonderful to know that you have found a new " home with us " in Milano and we all look forward to welcoming you back with us.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Best location superb rooms ,staff and bar just like ot should be. Need to wait to be served during the breakfast. but worst Nobu Restaurant on the ground floor, didn't have three wines and 2 main course on the menu

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your postive review of your recent stay with us It was a pleasure to have you sojourn with us and hopefully I will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future with us.
I would be interested to hear your thoughts on Nobu you can contact me at akaupp@armanihotels.com

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
KInd regards,
schweiz
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Armani Style, TOP. for many the technology in the rooms might be a bit too much. rooms are great, well maintained and just the best in Milano.
Try to get one of the room with a little outside space. its just perfect when the sun is out. The location could not be an better. what was once the Bulgari Hotel ( many years ago) is now the Armani.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

it was a pleasure reading your recent review of your stay with us and I was delighted to read that you have found a "new home away from home " with us in MIlano.

I look forward to welcoming you back with us very soon.
Firenze
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Armani is a new comer in the hotellerie world. The one in Milan opened few months ago with still a lot of things to improve (service for example, breakfast, spa) but the location is good, the decor is charming (not too cold), people welcoming.
I found very tricky the access to the rooms (you have to take an elevator to the lobby at 7th floor and after taking another elevator down to the rooms) that when you are in rush is not the fastest way to leave the hotel.
The SPA is nice, but the pool is in reality a jacuzzi!!!!
Breakfast and food must be improved for sure. Too average, service as well, they asked for a newspaper....never received a copy!! The room sometimes was not perfectly made (They forgot to give extra waters and change towels).
The rooms facing the courtyard can give the impression of a prison as the lack of lights.
I gave 4 stars as They are beginners, but if They want to become a reference They need to improve quickly

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Aaron K, Front Office Manager at Armani Hotel Milano, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your posting on your recent stay with us in Milano, I read your comments with great interest as this allows us to see how and where we can improve our service on a daily basis.
I do look forward to welcoming you back with us for a faultless stay next time.

milano
Reviewed January 13, 2013

It's a nice hotel - luxury . The rooms are well designed, also in the center very close to the main shopping area. Good spot to stay in Milan ! I would suggest this hotel to anyone who have a large budget and likes to feel relaxed

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GSpecter
Aaron K, General Manager at Armani Hotel Milano, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your wonderful comment on Trip Advisor and I was happy to read that you had a memorable time with us and found it relaxing.

I do hope that on your next travels to Milano I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us for another relaxing time with us.