“Impressive a tutti gli effetti”

Armani Hotel Milano
Ranked #6 of 428 Hotels in Milan
London, United Kingdom
“Impressive a tutti gli effetti”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Having just opened in the last 10 months, my wife and I decided when in Milan to give it the once over.
We arrived by car from Lugano and the doorman opened the door and then the hotel's double doors. On entering the lobby we noticed the fragrance in the air called bois d'incense and the minimalist interiors and were directed to the 7th floor and were greeted by Antonio who gave us a warm welcome and offered us a small tour of the Hotel.
Sheila and Barbara, assisted us in choosing our dinner reservations, which were beautifully served.
The spa also on the top floor is a paradise!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank francesca g
Aaron K, General Manager at Armani Hotel Milano, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

I was very pleased in reading your recent posting on TripAdvisor and the positive comments even more so I was delighted to read that you remembered some of the team by names which means that they truly made you feel at home.

If you ever do plan on coming back to Milano, please do let me know as I would be delighted to assist you with your reservation personally.

With my best wishes,
Aaron Kaupp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed October 8, 2012

To end my exhausting 3 week stay in Italy on a high note, I chose to stay at the fabulous Armani Hotel, Milan for 2 nights (4 - 6 October 2012). The hotel far surpassed my expectations and I felt as if I had died and gone to heaven! The welcome greeting at the entrance was über friendly and efficient. I saw my luggage disappear while being escorted to the lift and to the reception. Within minutes, I was following my impeccably dressed lifestyle manager to my room. A short while later, my luggage arrived, carried by the best looking and most cheerful porter I've ever encountered on my travels :) ! The uncluttered interior decor reflects the crisp clean lines Mr Armani is famous for! As a single traveller, I booked a premier room (412), which was more than adequate for my needs. The room was sumptuous, the bathroom out of this world and the technology very impressive. Congratulations to Mr Armani for creating such a wonderful stylish space for a tired traveller! Wish I could have stayed longer! Will surely be back - soon!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Maliga
Dear Guest,

thank you for your wonderful posting on your recent trip to Milano and stay with us, I was delighted to read that you not only enjoyed the beauty of our Hotel but that the team made a wonderful difference to you.

I do look forward to welcoming you back with and in the meantime I wish you a wonderful christmas period.
With my best wishes.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

since when i booked julia from the reservations professional and very detailed. upon my arrival the lifestyle manager greeted my wife and me and escorted us to the beautiful room on the 6th floor with the terrace. vero impeccable design and service! we will come back soon!

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank almahud70
Aaron K, General Manager at Armani Hotel Milano, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you experienced the stay with Armani philosophy right from the time you booked your sojourn with us to the time you departed.

I do look forward to welcoming you back with us in the near future.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Wow!!! The hotel is amazing and the service is excellent!!!

My lifestyle manager, Antonio, greeted me by name everytime I walked in the door and attended to every detail of my stay.

The hotel is top notch!!! The bed is the most comfortable I have ever slept in. The room is sooo quiet and although the remote system takes a little getting used to, once I got the hang of it I loved it!!!

I love the rain shower and the Armani products (although I long for hair conditioner).

I had one issue that has yet to be resolved. I had a bag with gifts for my Birthday... One scarf from Armani (which I loved) and one from Dolce and Gabbana. I had to take assist my friend with something in her room and left the sack (which was not in great shape) in the Vestubile. The Housekeeper apparently though it was trashed and removed it. :( They took my e-mail, so I am sure I will be hearing from them soon!

I loved the hotel! :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jenn14324
Dear Guest,

thank you for your wonderful posting on TripAdvisor, It was a pleasure yo have you stay with us and I am delighted that you enjoyed your sojourn with us from every Angle and that my team played an important role in doing so. I do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back with us in the near future.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The Armani Hotel is a good hotel in a fantastic location. We stayed in a premium room with a very small living area, a decent sized bedroom and a great bathroom. The hotel is pretty hi tech with a remote that controls everything. The room was pretty dark and looked out on a pretty drab internal courtyard. The public areas felt a touch sterile. A bit airline lounge like. The lounge is pretty nice with great views over the city. The restaurant lacks ambiance. Breakfast was pretty good. Te service during the stay was very friendly and personable. The staff look great in their well tailored uniforms. A couple of minor misses: newspaper did not get delivered, room was not made up despite pressing the Please Make Up Room button. For 600 Euro per night I found the whole experience a good stay but not a memorable stay. We ended up having dinner at the Bulgari Hotel down the road and will most likely stay there on a future stay in Milan. More atmosphere. Warmer interiors. Better bar.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent write up on TripAdvisor, I was delighted to read that most of your aspects with your stay was of your liking and that my team took good care of you, I was sorry to read that there were little things that went wrong, I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us in the near future and please do let me personally know if I can assist in any way.

Ashiya, Japan
Reviewed August 30, 2012

During my two weeks summer retreat, we have stayed at Armani Hotel Milano for two nights. My reservation was a classic suit room. However thanks to generosity of the hotel management, we were upgraded to Ambassador suite room.
This is an amazing hotel in a sense that Mr. Armani expressed his own aesthetic values to the degree unimaginable. I am truly astonished to realize that there is at least single person who pursue his value system without any compromise (i.e., Something like a hotel version of his private house). Because of extremity, some people may love it but others may not. This is fine. Fine culture is not for everyone. Anyway, if you are an Armanist, this is the place you should visit at least once in your life.
Around the wall of the living room was placed with panels of special touch feeling. Between the panels, light is embedded. In the evening and night, the room itself is irradiating. This is very expensive and gorgeous while maintaining the beauty of simplicity. All the furniture is Armani Casa or specially designed. Coffee cups in the room were Meissen with golden Armani log.
Another surprise is storage. Most items are beautifully stored. This reminded me of an episode of Film Director Kurosawa. Whenever he takes a movie, we asked staff members to put top notch products in the closets (even when there is no plan to open the drawers). He believed that good karma would emanate from inside. Mr. Armani brought in such a stylistic beauty to this hotel.
Some scent is added to the air conditioning.
TV and telephone systems are the same as Armani Hotel Dubai and you can control virtually almost all electric equipment at hand. This is a world of Italian technology.
Male hotel staffs are in general, tall, macho and good-looking which may reflect personal preference. Female staffs are also beautiful. I specifically likened a lady at fitness studio.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Hikki1224
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent visit to the Armani Hotel and your valuable contribution on TripAdvisor. I was truly delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us in every detail and that my team took wonderful care of you. I do look forward to welcoming you back in the future with us.

JAKARTA
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The Armani Milan is the second property of the Armani hotel chain after their Dubai property. Opened for less than a year, the Armani Milano is already generating a lot of buzz online and thru travel publications but has managed to keep a low profile so far, despite already being regarded as a top notch luxury property.

I originally booked the Armani for my 2 nights stay in Milan, then decided to cancel it because of some of the horror stories reviews in Tripadvisor and changed to the Four Seasons instead. I booked the hotel again after a short tour of the hotel room courtesy of the friendly sales staff, I was sufficiently impressed to decide to move in and try one night on the spot. The hotel was just a short walk away at Via Manzoni making the shift easy. So I checked out from the disappointing Four Seasons and move in to the Armani instead.

Arriving

As I already per-reserved the room, I was able to check in swiftly. A frontdesk staff escorted me to the room and explained the features, especially the remote which controls all the function in the room.

The Room

I booked a Premier room. The room categories are deluxe (standard), premier, classic suite, executive suite, signature suites and presidential suite. For a solo traveler, the Premier Room is the best room type as it is relatively spacious compared to the standard room ( 55m2 vs 45m2 ) but the rates are competitively priced. If you need the additional closet space or sitting area, go for the larger suite but that in my opinion, this is not value for money, as you will be paying for twice the rate for a larger sitting area while the in-room amenities and bathroom are all the same.

The room is of course decorated in stylish signature Armani style. It’s looks closely resembles that of Armani Dubai. Everything is super luxurious and comfortable. The furniture were either specially chosen or custom made, with a lot of care and they are without exception superbly furnished and of very high quality. Armani's own furniture line, the Armani casa inspired the furniture design in this hotel. I was also told each room is personally supervised by Mr Armani himself on the final touches and furnishing, and this is evident in the phenomenal attention to detail.

Upon entering the room, one is greeted by a circular foyer, which has a door that can be closed for privacy. My premier room comes with a credenza that house the TV, which automatically rises up when you turn it on with the remote, and sink back into the credensa when turn off. Very cool. There’s a large king size bed which is supremely comfortable and decked out in some of the most sumptuous linens I have slept in. The bathroom is gorgeous, in natural limestone marble and modern fittings. There’s also rain-shower and a large soaking tub. The bathrobes and towels are large, soft and fluffy and absolutely delightful. Armani own branded bath amenities provided. About the only thing missing is the bathroom TV.

The room is very high-tech. There’s a universal remote that control all functions of the room, including operating the entertainment system, open/close window binds, adjust the climate control, adjust the lighting in the room, turn on the Do-Not-Disturb sign and even alert you when someone is at the door. Amazing. I was expecting that it could also be used to flush the toilet. No, that didn’t work. Oh well, that was asking too much. The room was whisper quiet during my stay, which was a great relief. Internet speed was reasonably fast and is free and available in both the room and the common areas. The Entertainment system is very cool. From the TV menu, you can select to explore the facilities of the hotel, choose a song or CD, play back internet radio, buy a movie or select a TV channel, all in a sleek Armani interface.

I have to think hard to find nit-picks to complaints, and there are some. The universal remote, while very cool is a bit quirky and at times stop working. When that happened however, a technician was on hand to solve the problem. The TV rising from the cabinet is cool, but it is only watchable from the bed and not from the sitting sofa because it cannot be turned, a really careless omission. Wonder how they can miss that. There’s also no iPod dock, despite what was advertised in the hotel’s website. Each room is supposed to come with a butler or as Armani call them, lifestyle managers. I didn’t meet my lifestyle manager nor was I aware who he or she was. However, as I had no problems getting service, I did not thought much about it. There’s only one plug next to the work desk, which is not sufficient for tech-savy modern traveler like myself.

Overall, this is an excellent hotel room, superbly furnished, sumptuously luxurious and supremely comfortable. However, it has to be said that the high-tech touch and utra-modern styling might not appeal to everyone’s taste.

The common areas

The Armani hotel is housed in a renovated tower that also housed the Armani store and the Armani café and boutiques, all of which are closed for the Summer holidays. Even the hotel’s own restaurant was closed which was disappointing, as the only option for meal is room service or at the bamboo bar. The entrance is also the arrival lobby, and the actually lobby is at the 7th floor. The Spa and Gym / Fitness centre is located on the 8th floor. The pool is rather small but has a 360Deg view of Milan city at a vantage point. I had breakfast at the hotel and the quality was very good. There’s a buffet selection for the cold items such as bakery, fruits and salmon and a made-to-order ala carte selection.

The hotel is located in the Via Mazoni area and within short walking distance to the Doumo and the La Scalla so it is near to many restaurants and boutique shops. Too bad almost all of them were closed for the summer holidays.

Service is by and large attentive and efficient. However, things are not that instant and there is some waiting time involved for service request. I find the service at the morning breakfast in particular to be very attentive. I was up early and the only person at the restaurant might explain that. As everywhere is closed, I had a simple meal at the Bamboo bar which is an orange juice, a cheese burger, a rose champaign and a crème bulee dessert for a reasonable 74 Euros, while I admire the sunset view from the bar.

One service issue I noticed during my stay is that the reception desk whom the staff also double as concierge is always very busy. Perhaps because of summer holidays, it is also short-handed and there is waiting time involved. A separate concierge desk or just having three staff manning the front desk will be helpful.

Conclusion

Yes, I love this hotel. Any reservations I had earlier about poor service or lack of standards were thrown out of the window and despite being under-staff, the hotel still managed to deliver reasonably good service during my stay. The rooms are the highlight of the hotel, luxurious, exemplary, super-swank in Armani style. The comfort factor is very high and it was overall a great stay. I will rate it 4/5 due to some minor issues as mentioned in the review, but this I think is currently the best hotel in Milan.

Room Tip: Premier room is the best room size and value.