“Beauty of style”

Armani Hotel Milano
Ranked #8 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed August 30, 2012

During my two weeks summer retreat, we have stayed at Armani Hotel Milano for two nights. My reservation was a classic suit room. However thanks to generosity of the hotel management, we were upgraded to Ambassador suite room.
This is an amazing hotel in a sense that Mr. Armani expressed his own aesthetic values to the degree unimaginable. I am truly astonished to realize that there is at least single person who pursue his value system without any compromise (i.e., Something like a hotel version of his private house). Because of extremity, some people may love it but others may not. This is fine. Fine culture is not for everyone. Anyway, if you are an Armanist, this is the place you should visit at least once in your life.
Around the wall of the living room was placed with panels of special touch feeling. Between the panels, light is embedded. In the evening and night, the room itself is irradiating. This is very expensive and gorgeous while maintaining the beauty of simplicity. All the furniture is Armani Casa or specially designed. Coffee cups in the room were Meissen with golden Armani log.
Another surprise is storage. Most items are beautifully stored. This reminded me of an episode of Film Director Kurosawa. Whenever he takes a movie, we asked staff members to put top notch products in the closets (even when there is no plan to open the drawers). He believed that good karma would emanate from inside. Mr. Armani brought in such a stylistic beauty to this hotel.
Some scent is added to the air conditioning.
TV and telephone systems are the same as Armani Hotel Dubai and you can control virtually almost all electric equipment at hand. This is a world of Italian technology.
Male hotel staffs are in general, tall, macho and good-looking which may reflect personal preference. Female staffs are also beautiful. I specifically likened a lady at fitness studio.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Hikki1224
Aaron K, General Manager at Armani Hotel Milano, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent visit to the Armani Hotel and your valuable contribution on TripAdvisor. I was truly delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us in every detail and that my team took wonderful care of you. I do look forward to welcoming you back in the future with us.

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Armani Hotel Milano

Reviewed August 20, 2012

The Armani Milan is the second property of the Armani hotel chain after their Dubai property. Opened for less than a year, the Armani Milano is already generating a lot of buzz online and thru travel publications but has managed to keep a low profile so far, despite already being regarded as a top notch luxury property.

I originally booked the Armani for my 2 nights stay in Milan, then decided to cancel it because of some of the horror stories reviews in Tripadvisor and changed to the Four Seasons instead. I booked the hotel again after a short tour of the hotel room courtesy of the friendly sales staff, I was sufficiently impressed to decide to move in and try one night on the spot. The hotel was just a short walk away at Via Manzoni making the shift easy. So I checked out from the disappointing Four Seasons and move in to the Armani instead.

Arriving

As I already per-reserved the room, I was able to check in swiftly. A frontdesk staff escorted me to the room and explained the features, especially the remote which controls all the function in the room.

The Room

I booked a Premier room. The room categories are deluxe (standard), premier, classic suite, executive suite, signature suites and presidential suite. For a solo traveler, the Premier Room is the best room type as it is relatively spacious compared to the standard room ( 55m2 vs 45m2 ) but the rates are competitively priced. If you need the additional closet space or sitting area, go for the larger suite but that in my opinion, this is not value for money, as you will be paying for twice the rate for a larger sitting area while the in-room amenities and bathroom are all the same.

The room is of course decorated in stylish signature Armani style. It’s looks closely resembles that of Armani Dubai. Everything is super luxurious and comfortable. The furniture were either specially chosen or custom made, with a lot of care and they are without exception superbly furnished and of very high quality. Armani's own furniture line, the Armani casa inspired the furniture design in this hotel. I was also told each room is personally supervised by Mr Armani himself on the final touches and furnishing, and this is evident in the phenomenal attention to detail.

Upon entering the room, one is greeted by a circular foyer, which has a door that can be closed for privacy. My premier room comes with a credenza that house the TV, which automatically rises up when you turn it on with the remote, and sink back into the credensa when turn off. Very cool. There’s a large king size bed which is supremely comfortable and decked out in some of the most sumptuous linens I have slept in. The bathroom is gorgeous, in natural limestone marble and modern fittings. There’s also rain-shower and a large soaking tub. The bathrobes and towels are large, soft and fluffy and absolutely delightful. Armani own branded bath amenities provided. About the only thing missing is the bathroom TV.

The room is very high-tech. There’s a universal remote that control all functions of the room, including operating the entertainment system, open/close window binds, adjust the climate control, adjust the lighting in the room, turn on the Do-Not-Disturb sign and even alert you when someone is at the door. Amazing. I was expecting that it could also be used to flush the toilet. No, that didn’t work. Oh well, that was asking too much. The room was whisper quiet during my stay, which was a great relief. Internet speed was reasonably fast and is free and available in both the room and the common areas. The Entertainment system is very cool. From the TV menu, you can select to explore the facilities of the hotel, choose a song or CD, play back internet radio, buy a movie or select a TV channel, all in a sleek Armani interface.

I have to think hard to find nit-picks to complaints, and there are some. The universal remote, while very cool is a bit quirky and at times stop working. When that happened however, a technician was on hand to solve the problem. The TV rising from the cabinet is cool, but it is only watchable from the bed and not from the sitting sofa because it cannot be turned, a really careless omission. Wonder how they can miss that. There’s also no iPod dock, despite what was advertised in the hotel’s website. Each room is supposed to come with a butler or as Armani call them, lifestyle managers. I didn’t meet my lifestyle manager nor was I aware who he or she was. However, as I had no problems getting service, I did not thought much about it. There’s only one plug next to the work desk, which is not sufficient for tech-savy modern traveler like myself.

Overall, this is an excellent hotel room, superbly furnished, sumptuously luxurious and supremely comfortable. However, it has to be said that the high-tech touch and utra-modern styling might not appeal to everyone’s taste.

The common areas

The Armani hotel is housed in a renovated tower that also housed the Armani store and the Armani café and boutiques, all of which are closed for the Summer holidays. Even the hotel’s own restaurant was closed which was disappointing, as the only option for meal is room service or at the bamboo bar. The entrance is also the arrival lobby, and the actually lobby is at the 7th floor. The Spa and Gym / Fitness centre is located on the 8th floor. The pool is rather small but has a 360Deg view of Milan city at a vantage point. I had breakfast at the hotel and the quality was very good. There’s a buffet selection for the cold items such as bakery, fruits and salmon and a made-to-order ala carte selection.

The hotel is located in the Via Mazoni area and within short walking distance to the Doumo and the La Scalla so it is near to many restaurants and boutique shops. Too bad almost all of them were closed for the summer holidays.

Service is by and large attentive and efficient. However, things are not that instant and there is some waiting time involved for service request. I find the service at the morning breakfast in particular to be very attentive. I was up early and the only person at the restaurant might explain that. As everywhere is closed, I had a simple meal at the Bamboo bar which is an orange juice, a cheese burger, a rose champaign and a crème bulee dessert for a reasonable 74 Euros, while I admire the sunset view from the bar.

One service issue I noticed during my stay is that the reception desk whom the staff also double as concierge is always very busy. Perhaps because of summer holidays, it is also short-handed and there is waiting time involved. A separate concierge desk or just having three staff manning the front desk will be helpful.

Conclusion

Yes, I love this hotel. Any reservations I had earlier about poor service or lack of standards were thrown out of the window and despite being under-staff, the hotel still managed to deliver reasonably good service during my stay. The rooms are the highlight of the hotel, luxurious, exemplary, super-swank in Armani style. The comfort factor is very high and it was overall a great stay. I will rate it 4/5 due to some minor issues as mentioned in the review, but this I think is currently the best hotel in Milan.

Room Tip: Premier room is the best room size and value.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank BENLEE123
Aaron K, General Manager at Armani Hotel Milano, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you for your detailed posting on TripAdvisor, I truly appreciate your honesty as this allows us to evaluate where we can improve our services we offer. Please do not hesitate to contact me for your next trip to Milano It would be my pleasure to personally take care of your reservation and offer you another enjoyful stay with us at the Armani Hotel.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We absolutely loved the hotel - a wonderful location (on the main shopping street, seconds away from all the major brands), easy to find on car, excellent staff, very friendly and helpful, one of the best SPAs I have ever been too, good food in the lounge (the restaurant was closed) a super-modern and class building with spacious rooms. Initially I was afraid that I would be constantly offered to go to an Armani Shop - but not the case, the staff was very correct and didn't give any preferences to a brand.
Loved Milan and the hotel, if I ever return (and I plan to do it;))) will stay in this hotel, highly recommended, probably one of the best we stayed so far.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mekvn

Dear Guest,

thank you for your wonderful Feedback on TripAdvisor; I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the entire Hotel from our SPA to the restaurant to the service you received from the entire team, this is what the Armani experience is all about. I do look forward to welcoming you back with us in the not too distant future and if I can be of any personal assistance in planning your next trip please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

"OH MY GOD" what a Hotel!!!!! We were in Milan on July 23, 2012 with my cousin walking around we he suggested going inside for a glass of champagne. This Hotel is rated a 5 star L, "L" meaning Luxury and that's what was. Amazing service, even for just a glass of champagne. That was an experience we will never forget!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AlfSue

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read that you truly had a memorable experience at the Hotel even if just for a glass of Bubbly with excellent service, On your next trip to Milano please do stop by again it would be my pleasure to meet you.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Difficult hotel to review…

Amazing room in terms of high-tech stuff, amenities and gadgets. The rooms are large and very modern.

The whole hotel feels a bit impersonal and cold. Service is decent but concierge is awful. They send us twice to bad restaurants which I find unacceptable for a 5 stars hotel. The breakfast is expensive and very minimalist.

Extremely expensive. I will not go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor, I have read your comments attentively and am sorry to read that you have bad dining experiences while in Milano, it is certainly not that we send our clients to Restaurants that are not of excellent standings, however in the month of August when the entire city of Milano is quite deserted our favourite restaurants are closed for the summer holidays. I thank you for having pointed this out in order to improve our services and in the way we reccomend them next time. I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us in Milano for faultless stay.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Beautiful hotel. Staff were very accommodating and helpful, and lifestyle manager team always very helpful. The room was equally impressive. Nice little terrace, very large room with beautiful bathroom with lovely Armani products. I must comment of the general smell around the hotel. Its not something i woukd generally comment on, but it just smelt so darn good everytime i stepped into the hotel and my room! Location was also great for exploring Milan and of course... Shopping!
My room rate also included free minibar which was a lovely touch with plenty to choose from.
When i was looking for somewhere to stay in Milan, i was tossing up between Bulgari and Armani, but am glad i chose Armani! Would i stay again? Yes! And will recommend it to all my friends (who can afford it of course)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank BmitchAdelaide

Dear Guest,

thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor, I am delighted to read that you felt at home with us and that the team went out of their ways to make your stay even more special. I do hope to have the pleasure of meeting you in person next time you will be in Milano, in the meantime if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Armani Hotel has very good attributes, including beautifully designed rooms, very good gym, very good lounge and restaurant, excellent location, etc. In my opinion, the real difference is the people working there. Especially Francesco and Antonio were very helpful during my stay, finding a good rental car, changing my plane tickets, etc.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mkarakas

Dear Guest,

thank you for having taking the time to post your comment on TripAdvisor of your most recent sojourn with us in Milano, I was delighted to read that you truly enjoyed the Hotel and the services we offer, the entire team is what makes this Hotel a truly special one. I do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future.