1,205 results
All reviewsbamboo barhigh techclassic suitecomplimentary mini barspa areashopping districtamazing hotelhotel experiencefashion weekthe ground floordeluxe roomthe location is perfectvisiting milanluxurymanzoniconciergejacuzzi
Reviewed June 3, 2012

In the fashion district of Milan with a breathtaking view on the city. Inspiring minimal design and extreme attention to detail. Excellent staff, capable of cordiality and efficiency beyond imagination.
Room service is impeccable. The restaurant, at the top of the building, shows all the city centre and the Dome trough huge glass windows two floors hight. Having lunch or dinner at the restaurant is a very relaxing experience: refined illumination system, large spaces, great atmosphere and experienced chef and staff, it doesn't matter what language you speak, you will be served with a charming smile and leave incredibly well fed.
The rooms have a special elegance in typical Armani style, the top of technology, design and comfort mixed togeather.
The Hotel has also a marvelous SPA and a complete gym in the very last floor.
I highly recommend it, its the ultimate luxury experience in town.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, the only difference is the space
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you for the wonderful posting on TripAdvisor, I was delighted to read that you truly enjoyed the Hotel and what we offer throughout the Hotel from our SPA, to the Restaurant and Bar and that the Service played a big role in making your experience a memorable one. I do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back with us in MIlano very soon.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Beautiful property in the heart of Milan's most fashionable area. Fresh, modern, elegant, essential and invigorating! Rooms tastefully furnished, functional and above all quiet, very spacious with a large marble bathroom, two sinks and separate shower from the tub, courtesy of the products are unique in their kind. Impeccable service. Beautiful top floor of the SPA with views over the rooftops of Milan and the Duomo. Restaurants and bars louge really COOL! Definitely one of the best addresses in Milan

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bestmilano
Aaron K, General Manager at Armani Hotel Milano, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor, it was a pleasure to have you with us in Milan on your last trip. I am delighted to read that you found the Hotel to be elegant, well functional and above all that you were delighted by the service provided by my Team. I will make sure to share your wonderful comments with them and am sure that it will bring smiles and motivation to them. I look forward to welcoming you back to Milano in the not to distant future.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Well, it's like a fashion magazine when I've got inside, the lobby, the elevator, marble was everywhere, it makes the space amazingly glittered.
But... it was cold, the service is over exagerating the "marvelous" cocktail, 20 minutes to make a tomate-mozarella when there is only 3 clients, and the bread is dry! "I am sorry" is all they can do for you.
But when I saw the bill, I felt sorry for myself to be in such a joke.
Don't waste you time, get inside, take some pictures, and get out!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank PhilippeSunnyMIlliat

Dear Guest,

thank you having taken the time to express your experience on TripAdvisor, I have read your comments attentively even if I am very disappointed by its contents. I would be very happy to get in touch with you and will contact you directly.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

You get what you pay for. In Armani Hotel Milan though.... you get nothing more than a nicely designed hotel with exquisite materials and top notch fittings or details.

But is that all that makes a great hotel? Would it be the Design or the Experience?

I don't care how rich Armani expects his guests to be. If you charge more, you have to give more. That's the basis of everything isn't it? For an average of EUR700 per night, the room doesn't even come with a free breakfast or even a welcome drink. They have not a bad mini bar which is freeflow and free but they first forgot the bottle opener and when they did remember, you'd realise it only opens the San Pellegrinos and not the smaller bottles.

The toilet paper is rough like sandpaper. The overhead shower sprays onto the entrance of the shower cubicle so it was hard to adjust the temperature without first getting squirted on. They give you two phones (one on each side table) but they failed to take a reservation of a restaurant down properly. The automation remote control of the room is sophisticated but their TV is an LG, which did not seem to agree with the control to begin with. My air conditioning wasn't working and I found it strange they had to realise that only after I complained about it.

Still on electrical and electronics, the hidden socket point under the writing desk is great but they have failed to realise they would be catering to the international travelers and their adapters? So forget about trying to charge your laptop while working on the table. Your adapters can't squeeze into the cavity that houses the sockets.

Food wise, I would agree with everyone here who has given a nasty review on it. It sucks. Big time. The veal medalion was dry and tasteless (maybe its a Milan style) and the bread is served cold. The only thing they managed right, sparkling mineral water.

A maintenance manager came telling me in the usual Italian mannerism that the pool was only opened from 9:30am to 9:30pm. I was there at 8am and the sign said 'Opened from 7:30am to 9:30pm'. He said 'no problem' after but that was a mood downer. There were three people using the pool. I guess he only fished the asian out to have his views imposed upon.

In the end, this is a specially designed hotel. Just that it doesn't make their guests feel any more special. It's just a shame, everything is in place and they have done a great job with the design and branding but it just doesn't have that little extra something of an Aman or Six Senses venue. The hardware is all there but the software is completely lacking.

A friendly and nice lifestyle manager (or in my case I do not know who was assigned to me) is always there to assist you but you'd give up asking after awhile.

I hope the Dubai one is better. For the eagle's sake.

ps: Armani if you're reading this... try providing free bicycles. It'll add to a better touch to your service levels. All nice with a basket and Armani labeled frames.

Room Tip: Don't chose this hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Benny C

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent feedback on TripAdvisor even though I am very sorry to read your review and that you left with such negative feelings after your stay. I would be delighted to hear more details from you and I can be reached at akaupp@armanihotels.com
I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully overcoming this.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 17, 2012

As always, I'll the pros and cons. Then a few thoughts.

Pro
1. Location is great for shoppers. 5 to 10 min walk to Duomo area.
2. Easy access to Nobu and the Armani club, both trendy places for younger folks. Inform them your staying at the hotel and you be welcomed in with no hassle.
3. Free mini-bar, except liquor. A first for me in any hotel. Free wifi always a plus.
4. Very comfortable bed. One the best so far.
5. I stocked up on Armani soup and shower gels! Housekeeping was generous in providing extra.
6. Good service, friendly, helpful with great tips on how to enjoy the city.
7. An espresso machine that works was nice, thank you.

Cons
1. The place really lacks character. Minimlistic, in an ugly fashion. I felt trapped in a mental asylum, a very trendy mental asylum.
2. The everything-all-purpose remote control does not work. Not practical. I'm very impatient and found the lighting functions and remote to be very frustrating.
3. For a new 700 Euro a night hotel I expected my toilet to not stink! There was clearly mold growing in the enclosed shower. This should not be acceptable. Smell was overwhelming.
4. AC would not work! Then again it seems all ACs in Italian hotel don't work.

Overall it was a nice hotel, more like a novelty item. I will not be staying there again as it really felt depressing. I will also not be recommending it. For 700 Euro a night there are much better alternatives nearby.

Room Tip: Pick inward facing rooms. You'll need to open your window as AC does not work.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AAH_Q

Dear Guest,

thank you for posting on TripAdvisor on your recent stay with us, I was happy to read your comments both on the challenges you faced and on the things you enjoyed. If your travels ever bring you back to Milano please do stop by and ask for me it would be a pleasure to have a coffee together.