“Immediately I felt like at home.”
Review of Ostello Bello

Ostello Bello
Ranked #1 of 290 Specialty Lodging in Milan
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Just arrive, I saw that the architecture was new and in the middle of the city.
Inside a lot of people stand at the bar (really cool) where a jazz band playing nice music.
At the reception they are very quickcly and they've satisfied my requests.
The room was clean and the guys friendly.
Everythings is done with care, the breakfast is included and you can have something to eat
late in the night, great!!!
I'll come back to that.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

the staff were warm, friendly and helpful. The communal area had great wifi and a really nice atmosphere

On our first night we stayed in a mixes dorm and we concluded we were too old for this! there were three bunk beds with a big locker underneath the bed which was big enough for two pretty big bags. the hostel provided us with a lock. the bathroom was nice and clean with hot water, although it was in the room itself which made it difficult not to disturb people or be disturbed if people used the bathroom early in the morning or late at night.

The next two nights we stayed in a double room that was very simple but clean and private! The bathroom was fine, there was hot water and the toilet flushed (sometimes a problem in Italy!)

Every night there was a buffet that you can eaThis hostel has an amazing feel to it right as we walked in. There were a lot of thoughtful touches - We were greeted with a free drink on entrance, there was a great book filled with suggestions of what to do in milan and we were asked our favourite song and it seemed as though it was played during our stay.

fhe next two nights we stayed in a double room that was very simple but clean and private! The bathroom was fine, there was hot water and the toilet flushes

Every night there is a buffet that you can eat between (I think) 7-9 pm when you buy a drink from the bar.

Great location right by the duomo.

every night a free buffet is offered between (I think) 7-9 pm when you buy a drink.

Would definitely recommend this hostel and would stay again!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

A lot of times with hostels you can't help feeling like a tourist. You might not speak the language, it's difficult to find cheap food, and the only people you really meet are other travellers who happen to speak your language.
At Ostello Bello it was totally different. The staff all spoke fantastic English along with a range of other languages. Breakfast is free and available whenever you wake up. Even a buffet dinner is yours with the purchase of a drink. Along with all these perks you get to meet a lot of people. The ground floor common room and bar is open to the public and often full of dancing Italians.

The beds were comfortable and the bathrooms were clean.

Ostello Bello is one of the best.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Every part of Ostello Bello seems carefully thought through and executed really well. For example, when you arrive they give you a free drink and ask your favourite band, which then gets added to the play list of music in the common areas. There are lots of other little thing Ostello Bello does that set it apart from many other hostels in my opinion.

The staff is really helpful, friendly and approachable. The common areas are also good and the happy hour is great with good drinks and tasty buffet food -- it's really well attended by both hostel patrons and the public alike. The rooms and bathrooms were good -- we stayed in a private double with an ensuite. The location of the hostel is reasonably good with most of the main attractions and areas in Milan accessible by walking.

I highly recommend Ostello Bello.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I loved it!, the staff are very nice people, if you like party and have fun you should stay here.!!!. I would like to come back because I just spent one night there....
The drinks were amazing, i love Italian people, they are so kind and everything was so perfect, The staff were friendly and helpful, their level of English was excellent and we were talking in Spanish!!! so to me was like be in Mexico again! thank you for this great experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Too bad Milan is not really an interesting city to keep me coming back, because I love this place! My friends and I were there for 3 nights in October 2013 and had an awesome time (we actualy spent more time there than walking around Milan, apart from a day trip to Lake Como). Anyway, it has a brilliant atmosphere, with a bar and basement full of comfy sofas and things like board games and acoustic guitars for everyone to play. All staff are super helpful and friendly and at night you can buy a drink for 4 or 5 euros and eat from the buffet.
The rooms and bathrooms are really clean and tidy, the beds are comfortable and the place is safe. There are two terraces for guests only and a well equipped kitchen. It is close to a metro station and also to a street with many shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marcela181
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed at Ostello Bello for one night when I first arrived in Milan in the female dorm. The staff were friendly and helpful with local information, their level of English was excellent and I even got a free pint of beer upon check in! The room was extremely clean and hygienic and the bed was comfortable. I didn't use the kitchen but both terraces were very homely and quaint. Downstairs the common room/public bar was equipped with a piano, tables and books available for loan. They also played great music. Included breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs and your continental spread. The hostel was central, just a 5 minute walk to the Duomo and metro station, and a ten minute metro ride on the yellow line to the central train station. Ostello Bello was so great, I stayed again on my last night in Milan upon my return from Firenze. All in all, an excellent and highly recommended place to stay!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo