“unmanner staff in restaurant”
Review of Club Hotel

Club Hotel
Ranked #307 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed May 24, 2012

they treat you like a thief , and they look at you like you are a homeless people stay in social house . there is a lady who in charge in the restaurant. horrible attitude. no wonder union European getting financial crisis. the only good thing is the man staff in the morning, they are very polite and friendly. strongly recommended runaway from this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Vicky1688

Reviewed May 19, 2012

First I didn't book the Club Hotel actually. I've booked at Hotel Demo' around the corner, but when I arrived there I've been moved without any explanation or apologize to this Hotel. The location near the main station was still the same (maybe 50m more to walk) so it was ok for me.

My first impression when entering Club Hotel was not very good due to the unexplained change, the unknown location and the unfriendly receptionist that didn't help me to feel comfortable in this place. I enter to my room and there was a very strong and unbearable smoke smell. I immediately ask to change my room, again without apologize I get a new room while the receptionist was telling me that the hotel is suppose to be non-smoking any way...

The new room didn't has the smoky smell but there was still a strange smell like chlorine in the bathroom but not so bad. The room was small but enough for a solo traveler sleeping one night before traveling. It was decorated with a huge "Renaissance style" painting with a 2m high face looking at me while sleeping... feels funny and strange but not very important for the comfort. The room has high roof (but not the bathroom), that is a plus for many people even if I don't care a lot about that.
The bathroom was nice and clean provided with shower gel and individual soap and equiped with hair dryer and a radiator for drying towels or cloths.
The room was equipped with a closet, a safe, a small desk and a nice Sony flat screen TV including a full access to Sky Italia Satellite television (almost all channels are in Italian but some are in English and many music channels).

Here are coming the bad points:
The bed is very small even for a single room, something like 80x190cm I guess, hard and could have been more comfortable.
The secound bad point was maybe a bad luck but there were a lot a noise from other resident. First the people to the next room were talking very loudly until about 10.30pm. Then I when to sleep and I was woken up just before midnight by people arguing in the hallway with the hotel receptionist, I guess because there were not happy about the room or something. The went up and down the scales leaving the trolley falling on every single step, that was a nightmare for a few minutes. Then everything was calm again.
The third bad point was the temperature of the room. The thermometer indicate 23°C and outside it was less than 19°C in the middle of the day, so I don't know was it was so hot in the room. I had to open the windows for a while before sleeping.

Finally in the morning I had a quick breakfast before catching my train. There were the basic stuff like bread, "brioche", cereals, coffee, tea, juice and some fruits, but the product were average quality.

An hotel just above average, with good location and a fair price (for Milan) but it's too badthat it would have been much better with only a little more effort from the crew and a better bed.

Room Tip: Just ask to be as far as possible from scale and lift to have less chance to experience noise during...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We chose this hotel because it was close to the Milan Central Station. The property is well kept, our room and bathroom were clean and contemporary decorated. We were very happy until we needed help from the staff, we found them to be very cold and perhaps bothered to answered our questions for our first day in Milan. The next morning, as I'm serving coffee from a machine, a lady yelled at me "NOOO signorinaaa!!" I was holding the button until my cup was 3/4 full (like my local coffee machines). But instead, I was supposed to press the button once and get my full cup of coffee! SO she yelled at me and treat me like an idiot when I was just ignorant!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank shohreh d
Reviewed March 17, 2012

The hotel is cheap, perfect for its 3 stars and closed to the main station. Actually I got more than I expected – a quiet room with large bathroom and comfortable bed. No problems occurred. Breakfast is basic but quite tasty. Staff is friendly and professional. The only drawback is Wifi– it is available only in the lounge.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank vilen
Reviewed February 27, 2012

This hotel was very clean and close to the main railway station. Wifi costs an extra 5 euro, but the password and code were just your room number for both (so try that!). Staff at the front desk were very helpful and friendly and gave us a map. Breakfast was included in the price of the room and was satisfactory. Showers were hot and bathroom/room was clean. It was a tiny bit noisy from the street below but we slept well.

Room Tip: Our room didn't smell at all but there was an ashtray in there. Might be worth asking for a non...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amy D
Reviewed November 27, 2011

This hotel is located in a very convenient, if not scenic area. The rooms and bathrooms are neat, clean and modern. The only downside is that they are small. But they are comfortable enough if you are only staying for a couple of days. For the price, this hotel is good value for money and a good choice if you are a first time visitor or only in Milan for a couple of days.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo