“1 night stay”

Ranked #198 of 428 Hotels in Milan
home
“1 night stay”
Reviewed September 18, 2006

I stayed for only one night at Hotel Vittoria and what can I say? It was pleasant, i could take a hot, soothing shower and also sleep in a comfortable bed. But that's it. For the prices they ask, the conditions are really poor. For example: after coming from a long and tiring day all I wanted to do is sleep. After turning off the lights and getting into bed all i could hear was noise from the other rooms; toilet flushing, a person blowing his/her nose, kids laughing. All trugh the night i was awaken by all kinds of sounds coming from the other rooms plus one sound (like a dripping) coming from mine (i couldn't spot from where exactly). In the morning when i got up i could hear a woman speaking to her husband and telling him that she could not sleep because of the noise.

Apart from this, the room was nice and small but that was ok with me. I didn't feel crammed or something. The towels and bed wear were extremely clean, the bathroom was the same. For just one night it didn't bother me that the tv had only itallian channels (but if i had stayed more i think that would have been a problem).

• Liked — it was very cozy
  • Disliked — i could hear all kinds of sounds from other rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — close the batroom door (reduces some sounds)
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
Apex, NC
Reviewed July 22, 2006

OK....I have NEVER had a worse hotel experience than this one. My arrival to Hotel Vittoria found me with a reservation and no room. Not only did they not honor my reservation, but upon my evening arrival after a long train ride, they didn't even have an alternative ready for me. The staff scrambled around yelling at eachother in Italian for about 5 minutes before they even shared with us what was going on. Literally, yelling down the hall as they stormed around. I am not even sure if our room was the topic. They were rude not only to us, but to other members of the staff while we stood there.

To give them an ounce of credit, they had a guest who had unexpected surgery, and could not vacate their room. This, I totally understand, and am flexible. But to have us arrive without a single thought as to what they would do for us as an alternative was totally uncalled for.

After telling them that we needed their assistance to find another place to stay, (!!!!!) they found us a room at a "nearby equivalent hotel". They sent us off, ON FOOT, for what they said was a 5 minute walk. This "5 minute walk" was 15 minutes further from town. By the time we arrived at our new destination with our 2 weeks worth of luggage, we found a total dump to our dismay. I am a pretty flexible person, but I was not going to stay here. Since we were only staying one night in Milan....and I seriously was afraid of cockroaches in my luggage at this place, we went back to the train station and off to our next destination - Florence.

In my opinion, it wasn't the fact that they didn't have a room for us.
That stuff happens. It was the lack of customer service through the incident. They should have had alternate nicer accomodations ready for us upon arrival, and should have provided us with a ride there.

If you book this place....beware!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Tips/Secrets — don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank antonimt
vittoriahotel, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Vittoria, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear antonimt,

We are all personally very shocked by what we read so far! We have never had such behavior, never! I can assure you that such a thing has never happened.

It is now 30 years that we give our best to make sure that the guest can feel at home and may have That special experience he/she deserves.

Our behavior has always been exemplary and it always will be.

Gabriele Perla
Customer Satisfaction Dpt.
Hotel Vittoria Mailand

Travelers are raving about these Milan hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 14, 2006

I stayed there in 2004 but just got the courage to write this. It is central to wherever you want to go but I found them to be quite rude. Also, I used the phone in the lobby, which they said was complementary to use my calling cards. They ultimately charged me for calls which may or may not have been mine in excess of $100 so DO NOT USE THEIR PHONES. Furthermore, their rooms do not look like the one in the picture with the red chairs. From what I can remember though the bathroom was nice. I did not book the hotel (a friend did) and she hated it even more than me. They actually ruined the trip for her with their extra charges and billing mess-ups. I left my glasses and realized it after I got back to the US and spent a week calling them asking them to send it (which they refused to do even if I paid). I ended up having a friend pick them up and bring them back to the States for me. So, I would not recommend this place at all.

• Stayed February 2004
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
vittoriahotel, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Vittoria, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

we would like to thank You to have chosen our Hotel in the past. We are very sorry that You did not have the special stay that You deserved.

We are happy to let you know that we made a lot of improvements since the last time that you were here. At the time (9 years ago) we were a three star hotel. Now we have made our Hotel a brand new Hotel (as you can see from the pictures we posted on line on Tripadvisor).

I know this reply is now too late but we want to make sure that you understand that we truly care about you.

If you would like to give us a second chance, you will be positively surprised.

Best Regards