Hotel Bagliori
  • Room Service
$713
$225
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspleasant aromacentral stationmilano centralemin walkhotel is locatedhot waterstay there againcity centrebreakfasttrainduomocereal
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Small and tucked away from the bustle of the city centre and other typical hotel areas, the hotel Bagliori is a small villa with pretty front and back garden. I booked a single room which was small but clean and functional. Breakfast is relaxed, cold buffet and basic but surely satisfactory. Friendly management.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Alessandro M
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The staff was very helpfull and friendly. The room was a bit small but clean and warm, the toilet was large and also very clean. A bit chilly though.

The tv had about 30 channels, but the only show which wasn´t dubbed in italian was The Late Night With David Letterman. Well, I didn´t go to Milan to watch tv anyway.

The room was very near the street so of course all the noise was easy to hear. We spent there 4 nights but I still woke up only once - someone local decided to test the car horn at 2am. And someone else about 1 hour later wanted everybody to hear how loudly his car stereos can play "Madness". I´m not a heavy sleeper so I wake up easily, my wife didn´t notice anything.

The breakfast was ok, some eggs and maybe tomatoes would be a nice addition. The wifi worked perfectly.

Would I stay again? Sure!

Room Tip: Street noise is possible, consider earplugs.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jmkpsk
Reviewed February 25, 2013

First of all the hotel seems to be run by a family. It is small and cozy. We have got a great deal for Christmas holidays 2012. We were looking for a good price and Bagliori offered the best rate for the value. Although the room was VERY small (We must have been accommodate in a single-use room), there was all you need: a balcony, fridge, good bed. Since we were in the city most of the time it was really OK for us. The breakfast is typical for Italy (VERY-VERY light for a European breakfast), however you sometimes get a beacon or even eggs - all in all it was good. One of the staff members at the reception was neutral, most likely because his English was very poor, however the second shift did great - they answered all our questions and even chatted a little bit as most Italians do. It is hard to get a free Wifi in most of Italy hotels, but Bagliori did great - we received a code upon arrival and there wasn't a single problem.

The location is perfect - near to the metro station, 5 minutes walk to the main bus station. There are many restaurants nearby. We had a great deal -

Room Tip: Contact the hotel directly (not from the booking agencies) to get a smart deal. Choose this hotel if you are traveling to see the city, not spend your time in the room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KLPAndrej
Reviewed January 6, 2013

So I come to Milan once a year at least to enjoy the sales. It makes sense to stay nears the train staton for convenience, and I don't see the point on spending to much money as I am just in the hotel to sleep. But it still seems difficult to find a cheap hotel with the basics. I've stayed at at the Arno. And hotel Amadeus and thought I would try somewhere different based on trip advisor recommendations. The single room was definitely the most presentable I have ever stayed at but the lack of facilities did not make up for the slight increase in price and extra walk. The room smelled of smoke, and the shower head was broken so you could not actually stand anywhere and receive a steady stream of water. Also the hot water lasted about 2 minutes and the night before it was non-existent until I fiddled with some switches in the room. Also the wifi in the room was spotty a t best. Good things, bed was comfortable, breakfast ok and proprietors were extremely professional and friendly . It is not the shortest of walks. I timed it door to door. I went to the ticket booth in the train station it's ten minutes at a medium walk. I still think I can do better. Will let you know.

Sent from my iPad

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank travelwithyourmeans
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Staff -friendly and helpfull; Location -metro and mainline [ milan centralle] just around the corner. The walk to the centre [Duomo] is a 40min stroll ,not 10min as many seem to think. The corsa Buenos Aires,Venizia and Pisani , all with an abundance of restaurants 10mins away.The hotel was perfect for our needs ,we wanted to see Milan but also to travel outside,Bologna,Verona,and to Switzerland. The hotel is what it is a nice place to stay , to travel and visit and to come back too.Overall the hotel was good ,with a nice ambience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple