“Is it Boring ??”
Review of Canova Hotel

Canova Hotel
Ranked #214 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was asking myself this question when I was booking a hotel in Milano 2 weeks ago , I always stay in the same hotel "Canova" for the past couple of years and I told myself it's about time to change . Well after looking at the booking engines for 3 hours I just decided to book the same hotel. Well , why should I change , the room I'm getting is very nice and clean ,the staff is friendly and hard working as usual , the location is fantastic and it's very good money value . And as usual Mr. Sayed at the reception is the superman , if you have any questions or if you even want to make the reservation on your way from the airport , just call him and he will arrange everything "he speaks very good English"

Room Tip: 5th and 6th floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank Bassemgobran

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were at this hotel recently for a one night stay. We had been travelling round Northern Italy and this was the cheapest hotel we stayed in although the standard was very good. We had a good sized room, huge bed with lovely bedding.
Everything seemed new and clean.
The breakfast was very good considering it was a continental breakfast- meats, cheeses, eggs, lots of different types of bread, cakes etc.
Really convenient for the Central Station.
Thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel is really only good for its proximity to the train station. The room was small and the bathroom was old and stained. However, the staff is friendly and helpful enough. I only stayed for one night for a connection flight.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stay at this hotel every time I go to Milano on short business trips (up to 5 days). This is why:

Location: very practical. About 5 min. walk from the Central Station. So, it's perfect if you need to travel by tube or by train. The neighbourhood isn't particularly nice, for example, to take a walk in the evening (because of the proximity of the station). Whether you like the location or not depends on the purpose of your trip. Also can get quite loud at night and the noise might keep you awake (as it did me on two occasions).

Staff: quite friendly. Helped me make taxi arrangements, gave me advice on how to reach certain places. When I couldn't switch on the TV (disconnected antenna) - I just had to make a call and within 5 min. a man from the lobby came up and fixed it.
No one offered to help take my very heavy suitcase up to the room.

Rooms: very competitive prices. Clean, quite spacious for the amount you pay. Good air-conditioning and bathrooms. Free wi-fi.

Breakfasts: quite basic. Cornflakes, ham, couple of cheeses, jams, muesli, fruit, bread. Normally 2 selections of cakes. But enough to get you going.

Verdict: great if you just need to stay a couple of nights in Milano and don't want to spend an exorbitant amount of money, but I probably wouldn't stay at this hotel for a longer time or if I were on holiday.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Maria Z
Reviewed July 15, 2013

It is a very nice hotel, very friendly staff, comfortable, clean and near the central station, easy access to trains and metro. I didn´t have the breakfast at the hotel. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I go to Milano for business, once a month I have to be in this lovely city, but always for a short stay. This hotel is becoming like a second home for me in Italy , the high light of the hotel ids the staff . Once you are a regular guest they treat you as one of the family and this is what I really like. The rooms are super clean and the location is fantastic few minutes' walk to the central station and about 8 minutes walk to the shopping street. The rooms on the 5th and 6th floor are renovated and it's always better to be in a high floor to avoid the noise of the street. The breakfast buffet is humble but the coffee is very good. End of the story is that I decided not to change any more hotels in Milano and becoming a regular guest is giving you the advantage to book over the phone without internet booking sites and all the hassle and credit cards problems . Just call the magic guy (Sayed) at the reception and he will take it from there , he is making the booking arranging transfers giving directions and good shopping tips even an umbrella if it's raining. Simply he is the super man of this hotel (he is always in the morning shift)

Room Tip: ask for a high floor 5th or 6th, those rooms are renovated and very clean
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bassemgobran
Reviewed May 21, 2013

i`ve been here last summer, the hotel was great, maybe not like a 5stars hotel, but for my 2 days trip in milano, it was perfect. just 4min away from the milano railaway mainstation. not expensive, ver friendly staff, liked the food. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple