“Good location.”

Ranked #201 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Sao Jose Dos Campos, SP
“Good location.”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

It is a very nice hotel, very friendly staff, comfortable, clean and near the central station, easy access to trains and metro. I didn´t have the breakfast at the hotel. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Egypt
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I go to Milano for business, once a month I have to be in this lovely city, but always for a short stay. This hotel is becoming like a second home for me in Italy , the high light of the hotel ids the staff . Once you are a regular guest they treat you as one of the family and this is what I really like. The rooms are super clean and the location is fantastic few minutes' walk to the central station and about 8 minutes walk to the shopping street. The rooms on the 5th and 6th floor are renovated and it's always better to be in a high floor to avoid the noise of the street. The breakfast buffet is humble but the coffee is very good. End of the story is that I decided not to change any more hotels in Milano and becoming a regular guest is giving you the advantage to book over the phone without internet booking sites and all the hassle and credit cards problems . Just call the magic guy (Sayed) at the reception and he will take it from there , he is making the booking arranging transfers giving directions and good shopping tips even an umbrella if it's raining. Simply he is the super man of this hotel (he is always in the morning shift)

Room Tip: ask for a high floor 5th or 6th, those rooms are renovated and very clean
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bassemgobran
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 21, 2013

i`ve been here last summer, the hotel was great, maybe not like a 5stars hotel, but for my 2 days trip in milano, it was perfect. just 4min away from the milano railaway mainstation. not expensive, ver friendly staff, liked the food. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traveler F
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed in this place during 18-19 April 2013 (1 night). At first we are pretty fine with the room and its location. This hotel has standard facility like other hotel with the location nearby the Milano Central station and Metro.

Room: Clean enough with the ok space. Bathroom is good like standard hotel provided.

Location: is great. It is near Milano Central station and Metro. Easy walk and quite safe even in the night.

Service: fair like standard hotel. However there was some issue happened that you can read after this.

Negative point: This turns everything down. We had a late night dinner and came back late. We also had to pack our thing because we will leave to Bangkok early morning on the next day. (This is the reason I booked “HOTEL” not BB because I need a tight sleep!) While we were packing thing, the air condition was switch offed. We thought it broken but we found out later when we phoned to reception that it is hotel policy to switch off all air con in hotel after midnight! Receptionist also told me that the weather outside was cold and we had to open to window if we need flow air! Ridiculous! We chose this hotel because it facilitate “AIR CONDITION” but there wasn’t any information provided when we booked about turning off air con. (Unless we won’t stay here!) Our room is on 1st floor and we didn't feel convenience to open it (but we had to!) Reception also told me that the weather in Milan will be getting colder tomorrow because it will be rain! Who cares? Because we stay only this night! Finally we had to open window and you know it is not that cold to sleep comfortably and forget about sleep tight!

Considering the location, there is plenty of hotel around this hotel. (can find in google) and from looking outside more nicer and newer. This is our wrong decision to choose this hotel.

Room Tip: If you have no choice. Ask for high floor room so that you can breath well at night.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sureeyuh

Travelers are raving about these Milan hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I've been at Canova's with my partner just for one night before leaving Milan.
Perfect position near the Central Station, staff very friendly and with good knowledge of English language. The double room was well decorated and enough spacious, perfectly tidy and clean, same for the bathroom with also a jacuzzi shower. I've read other reviews saying the rooms were too small, but for us staying only one night it wasn't a big deal.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank InVenereVeritas
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I've been searching for a low priced hotel that isn't a dump for several years now around the train station, as I like to visit Milan for the sales, but would rather spend my hard earned cash on Prada :)
So I paid the exact same price for a single here as Hotel Bagliori (one of my other reviews) and was really surprised by the upgrade (I think it was 46.50 with city tax included).
Canova is a bit worn around the edges, it's heyday was clearly in the 60s, the mod decor is actually kind of funky but for the price who cares?
Breakfast blew me away, about 4 different kinds of cheeses, tons of spreads, cereal, boiled eggs, yogurt and a generous pot of coffee. Bed was fabulously comfortable, tub allowed for nice soak at night, and they have sky satellite tv, I was able to watch several shows in English (really unheard of in a budget hotel in Italy). Only downside was internet was an extra charge, unlike other hotels where it was usually free. But all the plus amenities (and room DID NOT smell like smoke), think I will be staying here again. Even though my room faced the street, because that street is possibly not even a through street there is very little noise.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank travelwithyourmeans
Egypt
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Once again in Canova hotel. This time i got a room in the 7th floor , well it was not a renovated room , when I asked for a room like the one I had last time (6th floor) they told me that it was not avilable any more. Still the room was clean and the house keeping service was very good. They still have good coffee. This time I realised that they have a pc with a printer in the lobby , as a hotel guest you can use it free of charge. Business tip, this hotel hase two levels lobby, the above level is perfect for business meetings. In general , if you need any thing in this hotel , go to the reception and ask for Mr. Sayed , he will make you for sure happy.

Room Tip: 6 th floor is the best any way