“Air condition turn off automatically at night!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Canova Hotel

Canova Hotel
Ranked #199 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Bangkok, Thailand
“Air condition turn off automatically at night!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed in this place during 18-19 April 2013 (1 night). At first we are pretty fine with the room and its location. This hotel has standard facility like other hotel with the location nearby the Milano Central station and Metro.

Room: Clean enough with the ok space. Bathroom is good like standard hotel provided.

Location: is great. It is near Milano Central station and Metro. Easy walk and quite safe even in the night.

Service: fair like standard hotel. However there was some issue happened that you can read after this.

Negative point: This turns everything down. We had a late night dinner and came back late. We also had to pack our thing because we will leave to Bangkok early morning on the next day. (This is the reason I booked “HOTEL” not BB because I need a tight sleep!) While we were packing thing, the air condition was switch offed. We thought it broken but we found out later when we phoned to reception that it is hotel policy to switch off all air con in hotel after midnight! Receptionist also told me that the weather outside was cold and we had to open to window if we need flow air! Ridiculous! We chose this hotel because it facilitate “AIR CONDITION” but there wasn’t any information provided when we booked about turning off air con. (Unless we won’t stay here!) Our room is on 1st floor and we didn't feel convenience to open it (but we had to!) Reception also told me that the weather in Milan will be getting colder tomorrow because it will be rain! Who cares? Because we stay only this night! Finally we had to open window and you know it is not that cold to sleep comfortably and forget about sleep tight!

Considering the location, there is plenty of hotel around this hotel. (can find in google) and from looking outside more nicer and newer. This is our wrong decision to choose this hotel.

Room Tip: If you have no choice. Ask for high floor room so that you can breath well at night.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sureeyuh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I've been at Canova's with my partner just for one night before leaving Milan.
Perfect position near the Central Station, staff very friendly and with good knowledge of English language. The double room was well decorated and enough spacious, perfectly tidy and clean, same for the bathroom with also a jacuzzi shower. I've read other reviews saying the rooms were too small, but for us staying only one night it wasn't a big deal.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank InVenereVeritas
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I've been searching for a low priced hotel that isn't a dump for several years now around the train station, as I like to visit Milan for the sales, but would rather spend my hard earned cash on Prada :)
So I paid the exact same price for a single here as Hotel Bagliori (one of my other reviews) and was really surprised by the upgrade (I think it was 46.50 with city tax included).
Canova is a bit worn around the edges, it's heyday was clearly in the 60s, the mod decor is actually kind of funky but for the price who cares?
Breakfast blew me away, about 4 different kinds of cheeses, tons of spreads, cereal, boiled eggs, yogurt and a generous pot of coffee. Bed was fabulously comfortable, tub allowed for nice soak at night, and they have sky satellite tv, I was able to watch several shows in English (really unheard of in a budget hotel in Italy). Only downside was internet was an extra charge, unlike other hotels where it was usually free. But all the plus amenities (and room DID NOT smell like smoke), think I will be staying here again. Even though my room faced the street, because that street is possibly not even a through street there is very little noise.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank travelwithyourmeans
Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Once again in Canova hotel. This time i got a room in the 7th floor , well it was not a renovated room , when I asked for a room like the one I had last time (6th floor) they told me that it was not avilable any more. Still the room was clean and the house keeping service was very good. They still have good coffee. This time I realised that they have a pc with a printer in the lobby , as a hotel guest you can use it free of charge. Business tip, this hotel hase two levels lobby, the above level is perfect for business meetings. In general , if you need any thing in this hotel , go to the reception and ask for Mr. Sayed , he will make you for sure happy.

Room Tip: 6 th floor is the best any way
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I arrived the hotel at 2AM and was relieved it was such short
walk from the station. Greeted by the front desk which was
polite, fast and smiling.
The single room is really small with hardly any space for put
even your laptop on the tinny desk. Minimalistic shower. Have
safe in room.
Down side - Internet cost money (other hotels are free), no
veggies in breakfast, no amenities in shower.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Milano was damn busy last week, I couldn' find any 4 stars or 5 stars hotel for three nights , the only one I could get is the Canova hotel , well it was a nice surprise , the hotel doesn't look good from the out side but inside was very good, very clean and fery nice staff , the only negative is the breakfast buffet , it needs to be more rich , it's too simple , nevertheless , they have a great coffee. Good value for money , I'll ake it next time.

Room Tip: High floor , to be far from the street noise
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

Lots of hotel choices near Milan's Centrale Station. Some great, some scary. This is a good one, while not exactly the lap of luxury. I stayed in a single room for just under $70 and found it a good value.

The lobby has a interesting Euro-sixties design to it. The room was small but functional and clean. While not having the coolness of the lobby, there was still a likable dated feel to it. Plenty of outlets. The shower was great. The staff members I interacted with were friendly and helpful, particularly when it came to directions.

Very convenient to the station. It's about a 10-15 minute walk to the Quadrilatelo della Moda and the Duomo, but there's a streetcar you can take (the #1) that stops about a block east of the hotel.

Didn't try the breakfast as I had to check out very early to catch a train.

What prevents me from giving this 4 stars or higher is they charge of wifi and the walls are thin. But for the price, I might stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family