“Would stay again”
Review of Canova Hotel

Canova Hotel
Ranked #218 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Stayed a nite here after the F1 race in Spt 2011. The reception was really a nice guy with dry humor. The rooms were a nice size, comfy, comfy beds, best we slept in during our tour of italy. Bathrooms needs a bit of upgrading but the shower is powerful and hot!

Very near the Milano train Station so is a big plus with our very large suitcases. Overall the staff were friendly. Not too near hi fashion street, but about 3 minutes there is a metro which will take you to the duomo in less than 10 stops. There you will find the high fashion streets which ladies will go crazy over!!!

Keep up the great work Canova Hotel!!

Room Tip: don't take the room which faces the back, like a recycling centre or something, messy.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 3, 2011

Rooms - small but comfortable for short stay
Bath room- small
Room Rates - Pocket friendly , very reasonable in the area
Proximity - Centrally located, convenient to walk to central railway station or bus stand, can conveniently go around Milano and nearby area
Breakfast - Continental but tasty
Reception - Very Warm and very friendly and guide well for tours

Room Tip: Brouse on website and book in advance
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank SadhanaRakesh
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Having been massively delayed on the flight, and thus missed the last train to Firenze - we trundled round the area for a miserable latenight hour, seeking a room until the very nice concierge at nearby Hotel Berna took mercy and called around for us. Luckily the Canova had one room to go. The twin room was basic, but fine space-wise, and with a bathtub. It was clean, the breakfast was good and the staff very nice. The walls are very thin, so you can hear the the flushing in the pipes, but the courtyard was quiet and we were able to sleep with the window open. Perhaps The Canova is a little too basic for a longer stay, but fine for a night, as well as very conveniently located, close to the Central Station.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Smallish_mermaid
Reviewed April 6, 2011

I stayed at Canova during my first visit to Milan. The hotel itself is quite old, something that you can see in the rooms too.

However, its location is nice, close to the train station and about 20 minutes enjoyable walk to Duomo and Via Monte Napoleone.

Rooms are clean and from what I can remember it was a great value for money too.

If someone asks me though whether I would stay there again, I would definitely say yes but it will not be my first choice.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank alexandrosg
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Would have to be one of the worst hotels we have stayed in. Paper thin walls.Could clearly hear the people in the rooms next door talking and playhing music.. Could hear toilets flushing and water running from other rooms. Single beds when requested a doiuble bed, one of the bed covers had holes in it. Room was not very clean. No tea and coffee making, had to pay 2.5 euro for one form the bar.. There was a sign in the room stating if you used anything out of the mini bar and there was two of you the charge would be double. The breakfast however was very good.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2010

I travelled to Milan with my 18 month old daughter, on route to Slovakia, as I wanted to visit the new Abercrombie and Fitch store that has recently opened. I have been to Milan before so only wanted to stay for one night, and chose a hotel near to Central Station, which woud make carrying luggage and pushing a pram a bit easier if I didn;t have to negotiate the underground. I wasnt disappointed, the hotel is literally 2 mins away. I checked in and questioned the receptionist whether there was a crib in the room - he looked blankly at me until I pointed to my daughter. He made a few calls and said that a porter would be up shortly with one. On my way out to get some dinner, he informed me that they could only get a cot at 9pm, which was fine as I wasn't going to be back until after then anyway. On my return, the receptionist apologised profusely but they were unable to provide a cot, he therefore offered us a larger room with 3 beds instead of 2. This room was slightly more modern decor than the previous one and was larger. The breakfast was great, large selection of pastries, yoghurts and cereals. I would highly recommend this hotel for people looking for a location close to the station for ease of access to the rest of Milan. I did walk to the Duomo in the morning, which took me about 40 mins, although I did stroll and look at various shop windows on route. The hotel staff I met were extremely friendly and the hotel was very clean.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family