“A cosy hotel in Milan”

Ranked #31 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Kalutara, Sri Lanka
“A cosy hotel in Milan”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

One of our friends in Milan recommended this hotel and must say that we were deeply satisfied with the experience at Enterprise Hotel, Milan. We arrived a little early but the room was ready and the check in was smooth and efficient. The staff spoke good English and the room was cosy and comfortable not to mention quite big for a hotel in the city.
The breakfast was quite a spread and we loved the dinner at Sophia's restaurant. Try their Milanese style Ossobuco dish which was wonderful. The hotel is not too far from the city and you can easily catch the tram which goes right in front of the hotel. You may also walk (depending on the weather). There is a lovely park at the end of Corso Sempione which is lovely to hang around during evenings..
We will definitely be back and do not hesitate to recommend this hotel with five stars. It was EXCELLENT.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jayathu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Leverkusen, Germany
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed a couple of nights here recently on a business trip. The reception staff were really friendly and made me feel very welcome. The room was functional and clean but really quite pokey. I liked the tea and coffee making fqacilities in the room - a spoon would also help in the future :-)
I enjoyed the breakfast - there was a good choice of hot and cold items and the service was friendly and swift. All in all a no nonsense hotel for that short business trip but if I return to Milan on vacation I would look for something just a little more special

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Eyekaytoo
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

we booked a room and got an apartment. the apartment is nothing else than a room with a seperate entrance. the room was small and a bit smelly. in the very early morning the neigbours (no hotel guests) started to work in front of our department and it was not possinle to sleep anymore. perhaps the rooms are better and more quiet.
but, the staff is friendly, parking is available and the rates are ok.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ireland
Reviewed November 5, 2012

on arriving at the hotel we were impressed with the decor and the reception area. check in took a good 10-15 minutes and seem rather slow, but it wasnt help by some rude italian guests making a fuss and skipping the line. Room was a little on the small / tight side, but nice and clean, with wood floors, and nice clean bathroom. beds were very comfortable. the bathroom was a long bathroom as opposed to a big one, but more than enough for what we needed. we arrived in milan from the train station, so got the yellow subway to the Duomo station and then got the 1 tram to the hotel. about 25 mins ride on the tram to the center. or you can walk about the same time, but you can walk right through the park and not have to go around it like the tram has to.
When we had booked the room i has been waiting for the breakfast with great anticipation. i think the excitement got the better of me as i couldnt even attempt to eat half of the food they had on offer. i have never seen a breakfast display of so much food before. cereals, fruits, dried fruits, juices, cheeses, hams, pastries, muffins, doughnuts, cakes, eggs, the chef can make you omlettes, waffles, pancakes and the typical bacon, and sausages, scrambled eggs etc. the variety and quantity of food was huge, but for €17 or what close to that it would want to be. my eyes were defiantly bigger than my belly, but i would love to go back to try the breakfast again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Basildon, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We were impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff we spoke to. The room was comfortable with tea and coffee making. We had to ask for an iron and ironing board but these were delivered to the room quickly. The girl on the reception desk was able to answer all of our questions and booked us a table at a local restaurant when we asked.

The trams are very easy to use and the line runs outside the hotel - very quick to get into the centre of the city.

The only things that could have improved our stay were - more staff on reception at busy times and more milk and tea bags in the room ! (although we were given more immediately when we asked).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Georgina B
San Francisco
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located just outside the city center on Corso Sempione. The tram that takes you to the center is at the corner which is about a 5 minute walk. The tram comes every 7 to 10 minutes on weekdays. The hotel sells day pass transportation tickets so very convenient to get around. The room I had was Room 413, which is at the back of the hotel (views of the back). The room is clean, not too big and not too small, and quite functional and there is tea and coffee making facilities on the desk. The TV was quite a challenge to get to work despite having followed the directions to a tee. In the end, I finally had to ask someone to come up and figure out the TV. As it turns out, a cable was loose in the back. The photos on the web page exactly depicts the room. The bathroom is equipped with a toilet, bidet, nice sink with ample counter space and a shower. The shower drains slowly so at the end of your shower, there is a puddle of water. Water also leaks out into the floor through the glass door so the floor of the bathroom gets wet as well.

October is still very warm in Milan and the room air conditioner was not working. I had placed it on the lowest setting already and it was still very warm. The back where my room is, is west facing so the sun heats it up. I had asked the front desk to send someone to come and take a look. He opened up a panel in the closet, and told me to wait an hour to let the air conditioner cool the room, but to no avail. I asked to be moved but there was no room that is vacant.

The hotel staff (Dominque) at check-in was friendly and we were checked in in a matter of minutes.

My complaint is that the hotel was very poor at communication. I had booked the hotel through Expedia and a week and a half prior to our arrival at the hotel, I had sent an e-mail to the hotel to confirm our reservation. After a day or two, no response so I sent another e-mail. Again no response. Apparently this hotel is not quite service oriented. I had an issue with our bill. Our hotel rate did not include breakfast so we just decided to go down to the second floor to the restaurant. I thought breakfast was 14 euros as stated in the other reviews. The breakfast is actually 18 euros and it was only 14 euros if you had notified the front desk. Wow,never heard of such a thing. In any event we had breakfast at the hotel five times. Upon check out, we were in a rush to catch a once daily flight to Malta. I did not realize until we were on the train to Malpensa that I was charged 129 euros for 5 breakfasts. When I got to Malta, I called the hotel to confirm if it was an incorrect charge. I spoke to Olena and she said that she could not find the charge at the moment and ask that I e-mail her. So an e-mail was sent and guess what - no reponse from my e-mail. Very disappointing!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ArchiBoi
Rome, Italy
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I staied at this hotel only one night but they gave me a great treatment upgrading to a junior suite. So my experience was wonderful. The location is great both for nightlife as well as tourism, business and shopping

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business