“So good we went back the next evening!”
Review of La Mongolfiera

La Mongolfiera
Reserve with
La Mongolfiera is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #318 of 8,239 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Bath, United Kingdom
“So good we went back the next evening!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Our host, Roberto at B&B Belcanto recommended this nearby Tuscan inspired restaurant. I'd explained that my son was looking to try some lovely veal and this was his recomendation. Only a 5 minutes walk from the B&B but Roberto booked a table for us, in case it was too busy to accomodate the six of us. Well, we were delighted! Son and niece had a superb and very large mixed grill. wife and sister had beautiful swordfish and I had an excellent loin of veal. The Tuscan house white was inexpensive and very tasty and the staff both friendly and efficient. On our second visit two of our party had very rare fillet of beef and described it as mouthwateringly delightful. My pork was lovely too. Whilst it is not cheap - it is good value for money and I can highly recommend it!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank DavidWhe_11

• Czech first
  • Greek first
Helsinki, Finland
“Perfecto costolette di agnello”
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Very nice Italian family restaurant with local guests, actually we were only "tourists" at the time in restaurant. Athmosphere was warm and pleasant. We arrived as 1st guests and still warmly welcomed. Costolette di agnello was excellent and Pinot Grigio was just perfect.

3 Thank Kauko R
London, United Kingdom
“I still dream of the pasta!!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We have visited Milan on business recently and were invited to this restaurant of Italian Tuscan cuisine.It was nice to see it was family run and this was reflected in the quality and care of what was offered.We tried a variety of starters from the buffet and they were all fresh and inventive.
My favourite part was the pasta!! I cannot stress the difference it makes to have real house made pasta as opposed to all the ready stuff we get back home. I had this delicious huge tortellonis filled with bumpkin and my friend had papardelle with mushrooms porcini.There was a good selection of wines reasonably priced so we washed all our gastronomic sins down with an excellent chianti!The portions were big so I didn't have much space left when the meat arrived.I tried a bit of fiorentina a huge thing very tasty indeed!!I tried also some of the desserts that came in the end in the middle..delicious but very filling!!Overall a relaxed easy going evening..We left super full and satisfied..and a bit tipsy ..

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank Eleana73
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Do you like good Tuscan Italian food?”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Our host, Roberto at Belcanto recommended this nearby restaurant. However I would say take a taxi fi your not fortunate enough to be able to stroll through this lovely neighborhood to La Mongolfiera. I had a superb pumpkin ravioli with fresh sage, and my husband hadtagitelli with autumn fungi; both were outstanding! The antipasto was the most sumptuous self-serve arrangement with an intriguing assortment of vegetables and meats; yum. We split a dessert: chocolate and pear tart with vanilla ice cream.
We will return when we're in Milan agian. You'll love the family who run it; they're delightful and attentive. Although we did not have anything cooked on their stone grill, that is their specialty.

Visited October 2012
4 Thank Patricia B
England
“Pleasant evening”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

at this friendly surburban restaurant. Good antipasti meats, a partiularly good pasta dish (mushrooms and cream) but the veal cutlet was expensive and so plain as to be boring. Exotic desserts, very good value house wine.

• Visited May 2012