“The LA review is totaly wrong”
Review of The Small

The Small
Ranked #1,297 of 8,181 Restaurants in Milan
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: the small; bistrot, tè, infusi, vettovaglie e suppellettili.the small è creatività, cura, stile e qualità. una grande ricerca per un lifestyle internazionale e contemporaneo - via paganini 3(MI)
Calgary, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The LA review is totaly wrong”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Usually, if I find two bad reviews I don't bother trying the resturant. Since there was only one, I thought I would give it a try.
It was outstanding! Alex was more than accommodating....here's the catch.....after I made a reservation. This resturant is just too small to accommodate anyone without a reservation. It is always full.
We sat beside an Aussie couple who were staying at the hotel across the street. They said the hotel was a place to sleep, but they were happy they came to The Small.
We had the carpaccio and octopus to start with an incredible Sicilian pasta to follow. Spiced perfectly and not too much food. The wine was south Italy Terra D'Avola at 12€ a bottle -great value for the money!
Dessert was chocolate and fig pie OMG .....
This is a small but might resturant not to be missed in Milan!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank B N

Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Add this to the to-do list in Milan! We just stumbled across it and he kindly let us in for a quick meal before a later booking.
The service was great, the environment charming, the wine excellent and the food spectacular. We just loved it and could have sat there all night.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice and easy”
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Exellent food. Excellent service. You pay for what you get.Book to be sure of a seat...small is definatly small...portions are reasonable. Prices high. Its a simple case of " supply & demand"
Make it a point to visit . You wont be dissapointed.

Milan, Italy
“Paradise Found”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Granted that it's been open for the last three years, and considered the fact that it's hidden just off an improbable 'square' nested between a major shopping street, Corso Buenos Aires, and outer ring road (circonvallazione), I am little upset at myself for not having found this heavenly place before: a little 'fruit shop' converted into an ultracosy dining room, impeccably decorated with an eclectic taste that suddenly make you wonder whether you are in Paris or in an ultra-ultimate restaurant in Tel Aviv.
And of course Francesco (but call him Yochai) makes it all happen. He first confirmed my website reservation with a phone call that made us become instant 'tu' friends, he greeted my wife and I with the warmest smile as well as with a glass of fruity Prosecco. He then presents a highly creative menu, skillfully handwritten, which promises and maintains a pleasure of the senses. He also reccomends his family- produced Sicilian red wine - truly one of the best I've ever had.
But then an amazing 'Burrata' arrives, served on vintage Ceramic plates, accompanied by the tastiest tomatoes and dressed with basil, followed by a truly outstanding homemade cheese 'tortelli' with butter, sage and pine nuts. I hope my dietician isn't reading this or else I am in trouble. I tried to mend things up by ordering an innocent grilled fish for our main course.
I used the plural because my wife and I shared all these dishes, and were wisely advised by Francesco not to order more (when did that happen to you before?) as the portions are very generous.
Dessert was utter bliss (we had a taste of two: a creamy yet subtle cheese cake and a chocolate cake made with cherry tomato and jam compote). Coffee was served in little porcelain cups. We felt like royalty in disguise!
I wish more people put as much care and passion into their businesses these days. Maybe we wouldn't all be moaning about the recession!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Alberto L
“Unique, personal, and one of a kind experince”
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Great food, home grown wine and beautiful decor..everything was perfectly put together. The host, like everyone commented on, is truly lovable with a bubbly but chic personality. He is very hands on with his guests as he goes through each item on his menu, and suggests the best suiting dish for the guest. We had no idea what to order, so he naturally asked us what ingredients we liked and picked us his top dishes on his menu. The borrocati cheese and brushetta were so simple with fresh ingredients and the mushroom and creme tortellini were so smooth and nutty...all to die for and absolutely worth coming back for the same unique experience...oh and he also serves donkey meat, if anyone is interested in culinary ventures.