“Return trip and new discovery”

Pasticceria Castelnuovo
Ranked #9 of 497 Dessert in Milan
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Italian home-made pastry from 1945 in Milan. Italian cupcake and pastries, sweets, cakes, cappuccino, coffee, hot chocolate and much more.
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This shop was so delicious that we returned this year when we found ourselves in Milan once again. After visiting the Last Supper, we took the 14 tram over to the shop. New this year is the ability to have a coffee or tea in the shop. Being American I do so lovely pastry with my coffee and it now possible all in one location.

The owners were especially kind to my young daughter.

I hope you will make the time to stop by this shop on your next visit to Milan.

5  Thank 612Traveller
Write a ReviewReviews (1,342)

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I usually valorise tripadvisor's review, but when you find the best review in the second city of ITALY is a bakery, you really get incredulous.
It's just UNACCEPTABLE to go to Milan and NOT visit Pasticceria Castelnuovo.
Beautiful pasticceria and wordeful cakes are a delight for eyes and mouth. A family owned business very, very friendly made me feel at my late grandmother's table.
Be sure to visit it more than one time, or you won't be able to taste some of their specialities. I visited late in the afternoon and had my dinner plans ruined. They obliged me to taste the Torta Enrico before buying it, It has a singular taste according to them. "If you don't like it you shouldn't buy it". It was just great.
The only problem is a location a little away from the center.

11  Thank adrianacatena
Reviewed October 25, 2013

very nice place with a lot of deliciuos dessert that I never had in Milan. i went there two times in 3 days on my trip. You have to try it one time in your life.

3  Thank philippe l
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Very few places can truly boost to coming close to perfect, This is one of them. Wonderful wonderful. They have got it right in every aspect, from the food, to the service, to the layout, to everything. I was inspired, and I will defintely return.

4  Thank C G
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Went there because 1 place in Milan. I wasn't in every restaurant in Milan so fare, I cant tell you if this one is number on of all restaurants, but this one you must go! Its not like something extraordinary and magical, but this one is you don't forget soon, not only because all deserts and food they made are delicious, but also because atmosphere and decoration. This is truly family local place with history and meaning. People working there really cares for customers and do not do they business only for money, but because love to do it!
Been there only 20 minutes, but this is what I feel about this place!

3  Thank Denis G