“Far from the center”

Milan Marriott Hotel
Ranked #136 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed December 11, 2013

This Marriott looks modern from the outside and when entering the lobby, it looks like time stood still, it is terra cotta all over... Friendly front desk staff, very helpful. Also the breakfast was great and the service from the breakfast host fantastic!
It is a bit of a walk to the metro, but then it is easy to reach downtown Milan. Great city for shopping, do bring your money as all brands are located in a few streets.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,299)

Reviewed December 8, 2013

To make it short,

Our first impression was right!

The Hotel is frumpy and even the use of poor suits it.
The rooms are minging and the breakfast was honestly the worst I have ever eaten.

How can it be a Marriott Hotel???

Room Tip: Do not stay there
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Rooms were spacious and comfortable. The hotel has a grand covered entrance to the main door and lobby area. The whole look and feel of the decor and furnishings is grand and traditional througout the hotel. The service was very good. It's a good business hotel but the location is quite a distance from central Milan (about 15 euros taxi journey, or there's a metro station nearby about 10mins. walk). A good choice of food for breakfast in the morning. The restaurant was vey good but I found the menu selection to be quite limited in the evenings so dined out most nights. I'm not sure if the gym was being refurbished at the time I was there, but there wasn't much there and some equipment looked like it was in storage, so I didn't use it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Guest R, Front Office Manager at Milan Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing Marriott and for taking the time to evaluate us on TripAdvisor.

We are happy to learn that you lived a pleasant experience with us.

The whole staff is ready to welcome you again and our Chef, who has just implemented the new menu, will be delighted to prepare our new proposals expressly for you so…come back soon!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I had a difficult time at the Milan Marriott but the management dealt with my particular concern in a professional and timely manner so I'm happy to give a review that won't be swayed by my unusual experience here.

It's a nice hotel. The decor is a bit dated but I think it's done on purpose to achieve an 'old world' Italian feel rather than US Marriott decor. It's a big hotel with lots of conference rooms and a nice lounge area in reception. They have a good sized gift shop and I was impressed with the restaurant. The bar area is nice. Small but well presented and cozy. Just right for late night drinks. My room was nice, dated decor again but it was warm, water was re-stocked and the bathroom was very nice. The reception staff were good and room service was also good.

I advise that you look behind the heavy, blackout curtains to make sure your window is closed every night.

There are a number of bars and cafes within easy walking distance of the hotel. The best restaurants are a short taxi ride away. There is a pharmacy across the road and my taxi from Milan Linate airport was reasonable and took around 30 minutes.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review!

We are pleased to hear about your experience with us and thank you for letting us know that we exceeded your expectations! Many, many thanks!

We can’t wait to welcome you back…see you soon!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed at the Marriott for a conference and was impressed with the facilities. The staff was welcoming and professional and the little cakes during coffee breaks were definitely worth indulging in. The bed was very comfortable and both the room and bathroom were of a good size. Although it is a modern hotel, it has a nice traditional feel and lots of spaces to sit and enjoy a drink and a chat.

The only downsides were (1) that you cannot control the temperature in the room (for me this was not a significant problem, but a number of colleagues found it hard to sleep as their rooms were too warm) and (2) as with many hotels, there is noise from adjoining rooms (unfortunately for me one neighbour fumbled for some minutes trying to get into the next-door room at around 2am while the other was up and using the shower, which made very loud gurgling noises, at 6am).

Overall I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to other business travellers.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review!

We are delighted that you had such a good experience of the hotel and it is always great to hear that our guests have fully embraced the facilities we offer, which it certainly sounds like you have!

I hope that in the future you will be back for another visit; we will always do every effort to welcome you the way you deserve and to make your stay even better than the previous one.

Thank you for staying with us, thank you for choosing Marriott again.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I spent a week-end at the Marriott with my boyfriend. The entrance is majestic, and the check-in was flawless, all the staff we met was highly professional.
The room was large and comfortable, with a good-sized bathroom.
The position is good, 10 minutes walk from the Wagner underground station (M1 line) and from an area rich of bars, cafe', ice-cream places and little shops. It was a very pleasant stay for us, however I recognise that the style of this hotel is more suitable for a business stay rather than a family or couple trip.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review!

We always appreciate all feedback and it is particularly warming to hear that we have given our guests the experience and service we set out to give.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and we can’t wait to welcome you back to the Milan Marriott to exceed your expectations further!

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are comfortable n pretty spacous. During winter outside temp approximately 11 c. there is no air condition, which I think is ridiculous. The guest shld b able to choose whether he or she wants the air condition. Bfast is sufficient nothing fancy. Staff and security personnel friendly and always keeps an eye on guest's belongings. 5 star hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Guest R, Front Office Manager at Milan Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comment on Tripadvisor.
Please accept our gratitude for choosing our property and our services; looking forward to welcoming you back.