Milan Marriott Hotel
$289
$357
$237
  • Breakfast included
Radisson Blu Hotel, Milan(Milan)(Great Value!)
$110
$568
$456
Orbitz.com
1,328 results
All reviewswagner metro stationthe executive loungehuge supermarketplatinum memberbusiness tripnice hotelbit datedresidential areabreakfast buffetan upgradecity centremalpensa airportmin walkconciergetaxiduomoconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Overall, the Marriott Milan is an outstanding European hotel. I was there for 5 days on a business trip attending a medical conference. The front desk, for the most part, was courteous and check-in was seamless. The concierge was very helpful throughout the stay. The breakfast buffet was quite good and much better than I anticipated.

Positive Highlights:
1- Flying from the US and arriving at 9am exhausted, I was really hoping for a room to take a nap. Check-in was easy and I was very grateful that a room was ready at 9am. The room itself was nice and clean with TV, desk, 2 beds, hanging closet, and bathroom with tub/shower combo. Beds were comfortable and maid service was without incident.

2- As mentioned above, the breakfast buffet was outstanding and much better than I anticipated. Numerous options were available. Coffee was good and needed given that a coffee maker was not in the room.

3- There is a supermarket right across the street for anything you forgot or needed

4- The concierge was very helpful throughout the stay. For taxi service, they print out a request that tells you when the taxi will arrive. Let them know if you need to use a credit card. I also needed an electrical converter for my US plugs and they loaned me one to use. They were also very pleasant to deal with especially with my language barrier

5- Lobby bar was a great place to have a drink and they have a nice selection of snacks. It was quiet but exactly what we were looking for

6- There is an Italian restaurant a couple of blocks from the hotel that had unbelievable food and service called Ristorante Toscano. It is kind of a hole in the wall but we went there twice and were blown away each time. Their pastas were top notch, wine selection was very reasonable, and do not forget about the Tiramisu!

Negative Highlights:
1- Room internet is 12 Euro/day unless you are a Marriott Gold or Platinum member. For 2 days, I logged in on my laptop and agreed to the 12 Euro/day. Given that you log in with room number, I also logged in with my Ipad and Iphone (same day) since the internet was faster than 3G. I was surprised at check-out to learn that I was charged per device amounting to 36 Euro/day for internet! Front desk did not seem willing to reduce these charges, so I left and sent an email comment via the Marriott main website requesting that 2 of the 5 internet charges over two days be refunded. Much to my surprise, I received an email from Marriott crediting me for 3 of the 5 internet charges two days later! I was really stunned with this rapid response and have to give credit to Marriott for outstanding customer service. It is this type of above and beyond service that makes me want to stay at a Marriott next time.

2- The conference center was advertised to be 0.7 miles from the hotel. While the conference complex itself may be 0.7 miles, to get to the front door of the conference center it was a good 30 minute walk.

Overall, Marriott Milan is a great European hotel. I would stay there again without hesitation and am thoroughly impressed with their post-stay customer service.

1  Thank MN_Sesame
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Very good hotel, typically the kind for a business city like Milan, targeted for conferences, events and all kind of meetings. Most of the guests looked as executives and all kind of professionals. Rooms are very comfortable and with interesting details. I thought it was funny to see a new building with rooms decorated as "pallazzos", with empire style furniture, marbles, etc. It makes quite a contrast. Breakfast was very good, decent bed and two kind of different pillows, very clean room, the TV offer I found it limited and the wi-fi was charged at 12 euros per 24 hours, something is rarely seen nowadays and confess I disliked.

1  Thank Elísio C
Reviewed March 15, 2013

recently I have stayed at Milan Mariott from 7 th April for two nights. Reason for visiting Milan was conference. So I choose Mariott .
About the hotel, nice and clean and convenient for traveling to city center and also it cost only EURO 40-60 from Linate airport which is handy.If you are traveling from Malpensa airport you have to be prepared to pay extra.
Ok so about hotel room, clean with nice furniture and ok mini bar.But there is not kettle for making a tea or coffee even hot water.You have to order all the time.How water is free of charge but tea coffee will be EURO5-7 depends of what kind of coffee you want. I have ordered americano but In italian way the coffee was too small.
also roow wifi you have to pay and parking etc.
Euro 18 for one day car park and WIFI was 15 euro something like that.
over all service is good. bar,concierge, restaurant all good specially concierge was very helpful.
even if you need to eat out and you don't know the good restaurant concierge will be the man to solve your problem.

Room Tip: in my view all the rooms are good
1  Thank kim j
Reviewed March 14, 2013

A very good business hotel in Milan. Amazingly well trained and courteous staff. A best place to stay in Milan. I stayed just one night but the experience was good. The location of hotel is very good. They have private car parking facility but not sure if its chargeable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Super good breakfast
Clean rooms very new very value for money only thing is standard room is quite small so try to get upgrade if possible. Prices are very good for a 5 star hotel but also depends on wich day you stay there

• Stayed: December 2012