Michelangelo Hotel
Melia.com
$145
$123
  • Breakfast included
WORLDHOTEL Cristoforo Colombo(Milan)(Great Value!)
$176
$567
$459
Travelocity
1,794 results
All reviewstrain stationorange juice machinespa bathtaxi rankhop on hop off busmilano centralemini barbreakfast buffetbit datedlake comobusiness hotelexcellent locationwi figood sizeconvenient locationtriple roomfour star hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

It was nice as always, but the problem was the food that time.
Fruit salad i ordered was 1 day before...sorry I informed the waiter about this, I proved my concern but even a food replacement had been proposed...

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The pros:

* It's literally located right next to Central Station, meaning you can easily catch a bus/malpensa express to take you right to Malpensa
* The wifi is super fast and available in the rooms (mine was free but I don't know if that was a special deal)
* The Breakfast was AWESOME

Cons:
* Staff was kind of standoffish. Not a big deal when you have free wifi and Google, but still, a little smile wouldn't hurt.
* Rooms are small. I don't care about this, but some people do so I thought it worth mentioning.
* It's well located for airport travel, but it's in kind of a dead area if you want to be in the center of the action.

Overall I think the value was great and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
MichelangeloHtlMi, Direttore generale at Michelangelo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Csham89,

Thank you for posting on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to read you had a pleasant stay with us and really proud to know you appreciated the location, Wi-Fi connection and, above all, the breakfast.

Hoping you will be back soon to visit us,

with best regards,

The Management and the Staff.

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Location: Just right beside Milano Centrale Station.

Facilities: Being a 4 star hotel, It has complete facilities. A classy old building with 70's finest interior design with huge lobby lounge. Within the hotel, It has three restaurants. I had lunch at David's and it was very good.

Service: Fast check-in, Fast check-out. Fast wifi connection. I requested for higher floor and they gave me a higher floor room. It has turn-down service. Serves breakfast starting 6AM with wide varieties and good taste.

Cleanliness: Very clean and well maintained.

Security: Good security system in place. They have door person and concierge at the main entrance.

Price: Fair

This is a great place to stay especially for in-transit travellers since this is just right beside Milan Central Station.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Amador P,

Thank you for posting your review about your stay at Hotel Michelangelo.

It is with pleasure I read that you enjoyed your room, the service, our facilities and our sicurity system as well. We are pleased you had the opportunity to taste our dishes at Il David Bar & Restaurant.

We sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again,

kind regards

The Management and the Staff.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Was a very pleasant surprise and righ next door to the Central train station. Very convenient location for all modes of transport - within the city - from/to the Malpensa airport - travelling in/out by train. The rooms were large, well appointed and clean. The staff are excellent and always went out of their way to help. The highlight of the stay was of course the breakfast, which is probably the best spread we've seen anywhere in a hotel of this category. And I must also mention the free mini bar - I don't seem to recall experiencing this even in luxury 5 star hotels. We stayed in the twin rooms on the 15th floor and would highly recommend the hotel.

The only downside of our stay was the one dinner we had the restaurant - was below par and well below our overall experience of other hotel services.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear PrabirRinku,

Thank you for taking time to post your review about your stay in Our property.

We are glad to hear you find our location so convenience and you had a good stay in general.
We appreciate your valuable comments and constructive feedback which would be useful to improve our service.

We sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again and show our property in much positive light.

Kind regards

The Management and the Staff

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was here on business and was booked into the Hotel Michelangelo. Its convenience was immediately demonstrated upon arrival from Malpensa airport via the express train, as we only had to walk out of the station, and across the street, in order to get to the hotel.

The rooms are not huge, but are not cramped by any means. The lobby is very nice, and the breakfast is top flight. The rooms have electronic conveniences from remote curtains, to free wifi, minibar/fridge and an electronic safe.

The bathrooms are particularly nice, with a large jacuzzi tub, bidet and other five star appointments. The rooms are very well insulated from sounds of the streets, as I could not hear any noise at all. If you find yourself needing to be in the center of MIlan, this is a very good hotel option for the money. Overall, if Tripadvisor had half-point increments, I would have given this hotel a 4.5, only because you can spend a lot more money on a fancier hotel, but base on the value, it gets a 5 on the current rating system.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business