“Very nice hotel, conveniently situated to high street shops”
Review of Starhotels Ritz

Starhotels Ritz
Ranked #103 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Very nice and friendly hotel. Checking in at Reception was speedy and hassle free. Rooms were very clean and tidy with excellent bathroom facilities. The location of the hotel was good as it was very close to the high street shops, Zara, H & M, Mango, etc, etc were all within a few minutes walk. Breakfast was okay, nothing special. Also had dinner one evening at the was also okay.

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LDNGIRL
There are newer reviews for Starhotels Ritz

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I was here for 2 days / 1 night on business. The welcome at reception was poor, I was made to wait while another customer was checked-in even though other staff were available. When one member of staff prompted another to check me in the attitude was poor, it was as though this was an inconvenience.

The hotel rooms are nice, spacious, and clean. Despite being spacious there was no desk space, the TV was on the only desk space at the foot of the bed.

I ordered room service, a simple lasagne and wine. I was told this would take 20mins. 45mins later I called to ask where my dinner was and was assured that it would be with me in 1 minute. When the staff member picked up my call they knew immediately that I was waiting for a lasagne, I got the distinct impression this had been forgotten. Dinner arrived almost 1hr after it was ordered, the lasagne was only just warm and tough as though it had been sitting for some time. There was no knife only a fork. I was too hungry to wait for a knife.

Perhaps foolishly I ordered breakfast in the room. This arrived early, this could be seen as a bonus except I was in the shower at the time and there are no robes in the room. For breakfast I ordered fruit yoghurt, cornflakes, and a cappuccino. The yoghurt was good, the cornflakes came with no milk, the cappuccino was cold. I called for milk but there was no answer from room service.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel due to the poor service. If you do find yourself here I would strongly recommend you avoid room service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Bologna A, Direttore at Starhotels Ritz, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I found hotel close to the center with special preference to do not looking for parking. I booked hotel at the beginning of August 2012 with special marks to pay additional money for parking. Unfortunately I had to find separate parking on Corso Buenos Aires street. Reception staff nothing special focused for quick service and do not especially support regards visiting.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in Jan 13 for the second time. Overall, it was OK and the hotel deserves the money we paid for it. Location was great, just 5 min walking to either of the two subway stations nnearby - Lima or P.ta Venezia. Train station Milano Centrale is also within walking distance. Staff was helpful. Room was tiny and somewhat dated, but clean. Can't say the hotel was noisy, we had a good sleep on the 7th floor. The hotel offers special mattresses and pillows, which are designed to give you more comfort. Unfortunately, on the contrary we found them very hard to get used to. Breakfast was very average - coffee not so good, no fresh juice, average omelette and sausages.

Room Tip: Try higher floor. The room we had stayed at for the first (701) time was better than the one we just...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to say a few words about your recent stay at Starhotels Ritz.
We are happy to know that your stay with us was perfect and that the staff has been helpful with you.
We are sorry to know you didn’t appreciate our breakfast, that is normally one of our strongest point.
Hope to meet you soon at Starhotels Ritz.

Best regards

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Welcoming, tips on do and don'ts of the city, arranged tour for us, offered us an upgrade, had all the facilities we needed, parking wifi etc. Cleaning staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast really good. Rooms quiet and ours was only the budget one. Bed great and good to sleep in, clean bed with crisp sheets and bathroom really new and clean. We would stay here again. Close to shops and sightseeing. Just needs walls to be cleaned from suitcases brushing up against it.
Don't know if there was a pool and spa but rated it so results don't appear wrong.

Room Tip: We used last minute dot com for this room and it was a secret hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chiefPalmerstonNorth

Dear Guest,
Thank you to say a few words about your recent stay at Starhotels Ritz.
We are glad to know you enjoied your stay in our hotel and we hope to have the pleasure to can welcome you again at Starhotels Ritz.
Best regards

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Don’t be put off by any of the negative reviews. I may not spend my wedding night here, but for a base to visit Milan it is great. As per other reviews the location is exceptional. We found a few local restaurants that we excellent and good value for money. The rooms are not huge but more than sufficient. Facilities were good. Staff ok. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple