Lowest prices for your stay
$79
Priceline$84
Hotels.com$91
eDreams$79
7,807 results
All reviews train station milano centrale room temperature superior room tea and coffee convenient location breakfast staff visit milan pillows duomo stops slippers euro
Selected filters
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is the best hotel in Europe so far as i am concerned based on the hotels i have been to. The room was in excellent condition.. So clean. Even though we booked for a standard room, upon our arrival we were upgraded. The room had free mini bar, which is not the case elsewhere. The staff at he reception were so welcoming. Can not complain of anything... It was so nice... When we checked out, the reception even offered us two bottles of water for our onward journey" highly recommended!!!

3  Thank Pravin22
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Traveling with small crew in several European cities for a documentary on tramways, we stopped in Milan for a few days. In the neighbourhood of the Milano Stazione Centrale, Hotel Berna was a very different style hotel form the usual Ibis and Novotel or Holiday Inn's we were used to. The rooms are tiny but totally functional and very charming: interesting woodwork and wallpaper, an actual metal key for the thick wooden door to your room, high windows with old style drapes, bright and ultra modern washroom. My room window gave onto typically urban Italian dwellings at the back of the hotel - very quiet. I would think that the front rooms are also relatively quiet at night, given the small Via Napo Torriani this hotel is situated on. The small elevator to the right of the reception will fit one person with one or two bags… a very intimate experience - but wonderful if you don't care much for crowded lifts. The personnel, whether it is at the bar, at the reception or anywhere else in the hotel is quite affable and will answer any question, whatever the topic. You can feel the effort - and at times the pleasure - they put in pleasing the client, insuring their host's comfort and information. The breakfast buffet is wonderfully varied and will please every taste.The hotel offers a valet service for your vehicle - which should stay in their parking for days if you want to avoid some congested arteries, like in any other large city. Daily public transit tickets can be purchased at the reception and the very efficient Milan subway network and/or tram system are conveniently very close by. The Duomo and Galleria, or the Scala, are only a few stops away. I would certainly choose this hotel again if I went back to Milan.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank Chovinsky
Reviewed June 29, 2014

we stayed here for our 2 nights in Milan, I choose it from reading the tripadvisor reviews. The little touches where lovely. Such as, the duck in the room, complimentary biscuits and we where offered bottles of water for our journey on check out. Also the breakfast was great!

1  Thank SkippyHoneymooners
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Chose this place based on the reviews in Tripadvisor, the proximity to the Railroad Station (beautiful building), and cost. We were not disappointed at all. The hotel and its staff were wonderful: the room was small (standard by European major city standards) but modern and pleasant, the staff very friendly and accommodating (directions, restaurant recommendations, English speaking), and the breakfast was fantastic (great choices and lots of them.)
Had to use public transportation (easy) to get to the major sights.

Date of stay: May 2014
1  Thank Alaninphoenix
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I had one night at Hotel Berna having travelled by rail from St Pancras via Paris on June 2nd.
Initial impressions were very good, check in was quick and easy, staff were welcoming ,and friendly.
My room was on the 5th floor and whilst the outlook was not very interesting, neighbouring apartment blocks, the room itself and in particular the bathroom was excellent.
There was tea and coffee facilities and a well stocked 'free' mini bar, which was very welcoming after a full day travelling.
The bed was comfortable and had first class linen not the usual bog standard duvet. The bathroom, as mentioned, was excellent and appeared like brand new, with fresh white fittings, a powerful shower and choice of lighting, bright or a subdued form of ultraviolet. Additionally, the much mentioned rubber duck to take home became a 'travelling companion, for the rest of my trip.
The bar was pretty busy that evening so I went out in the local area to have a meal, although the area is perhaps not the most desirable there are plenty of eateries nearby.
After a good night's sleep, I went to check out the breakfast buffet that many previous reviewers have raved about and can confirm it is that good!! Staff are friendly and attentive and there is certainly everything you could wish for, including a juicer to make your own drink .
Lastly, checkout was quick and easy and I was able to get a Metro ticket to take me to Porta Garibaldi Station for my onward journey (I had miscalculated the location when I booked the Hotel purely on the excellent reports on Trip Advisor ,but is only two stops away) , plus I was given a bottle of water to take on my journey.
So all good for me with Hotel Berna, only one negative and it wasn't their fault, I had a two pin adaptor with me which I could not use as Italy have three pin power points,I asked at reception and they sold me one for three euros, a small niggle only.

Room tip: Room was on a higher floor and at the back so fairly quiet.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo