“Best Value Hotel”
Review of Hotel Berna

Hotel Berna
Ranked #13 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This is a small hotel that packs a huge punch. Compared to the big 5 star hotels we have stayed at, I would say Berna delivers on service, comfort, and convenience. It is a "boutique like" hotel with a tiny price tag. The price belies what the hotel is really like...standard is high and value is astounding. The big bonus is an efficient and caring atmosphere provided by the staff. Breakfast is excellent too...along with good restaurant staff.

• Stayed: January 2013
There are newer reviews for Hotel Berna

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Being close to the main train station, I was expecting a standard and (below) average place. I was positively surprised! The check-in was efficient and the staff was warm and courteous. The rooms were well appointed. The complimentary breakfast was an amazing spread, similar to what you would experience in a luxury hotel. Overall, I was very happy and will be back next time.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Not too bad, but not sure if this is a true four star hotel they say. I'll tell you why.
Booked this hotel last minute, and was trying to find a hotel that's reasonably price with good location. So I found Hotel Berna. Great, no issue getting to the hotel from Milano Central Station. It's quick and easy.

Checking In was not a problem, but everything after that went down-hill. The good part about it was that I arrived very early, and was told my room was ready. It sure was ready, but clearly not the ground floor where other rooms were being ready for other customers. Since I was put on a ground floor, my concerns were increasing about the noise, and I was right. It was quite noisy. Couldn't rest upon my arrival. It was too noisy from cleaning folks and I couldn't unwind myself.

The room was clean, I have to say. Standard single bed / room is small, even then I didn't expect it to be this tiny. It's almost like a college dorm room. I am sure other rooms are more specious.

Room Service:
I always order in-room service to test out the service and see whether quality of food is of good value. Ordered Pizza first night. It was just okay...nothing great.
Second Night I attempted to order something else, and I was told that because it's Sunday Evening, they don't do room service. Very odd!

Breakfast:
This was good, and it has good options. Starts at 7am, but I wish it started half hour earlier instead for some folks who like it early.

Wi Fi: This was my biggest problem of all. Sure they say free WiFi, but it is so bad, one of the poorest I've seen from many hotels I've stayed at. It kept going in and out and was rather slow. I can't imagine if someone was on a business and staying at this hotel, this would be a nightmare to stay connected at length.

Staff: some staff are truly nice. Although one of the clean person forgot to refill my minibar next day, but she remembered and came knocking on my door soon enough. The first day, however, I only saw carbonated water bottle with other sodas, but not regular water. It appeared very inconsistent.

Bathroom: Clean. Nothing fancy.
No problem with Hot Water. Because the room is small and had only one window, the moisture after shower was tough to get rid off quickly. I searched for exhaust fan but couldn't find one.

The Bed: It's alright. I am a young guy, but I felt the bed was a slightly hard. I've had better experiences falling asleep elsewhere.

Location: very good. 5 minutes walk from and to Milano Central.

Would I recommend this hotel? For a quick stay it isn't bad, but for longer stay either ask for a better room and ensure your wifi is going to work fully in your room if you are on a business. Also understand whether this hotel is going to cater to your needs based on the cost of night it will charge you.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The hotel is very nice well located for the Central station. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The two single beds drift apart in the night, so as a double bed they do not work very well, "Mind the Gap!"

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2013

It's a really nice hotel, the sevice is perfect (24h), they implement all your wishes, we were really suprised that the rooms are so modern, new and nice. we enjoyed our stay so much and would stay again in this hotel if we're a second time in milan.
between, the breakfast buffet was amazing. the variety was great and the food tasted so good, especially the croissant ;-)

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I spent at the Hotel Berna two days and it was just great. We got free upgrade of the room. The room was very clean, light, comfortable and nice. We liked everything about the room and that's not usual for us. The stay here was extremely comfortable and pleasant. They have free minibar in room (water, juice, soft beverages), they provide you different kinds of pillows, blankets and ever room temperature by your choice and they serve a really nice breakfast buffet on the ground floor (fresh carrot juice is really sweet detail). :-)
But the most important thing about the Hotel Berna is that the hotel staff is extremely helpful and friendly. I can tell we really enjoyed our stay here. I will stay here again without any doubt.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Svetlana M
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Staying in the hotel was great experience and is very recommend. location is very good walking distance from major shopping areas and attractions.
The team staff is doing above and beyond to make customer feel at home, reception desk has the patient to answer any question.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business