“Nice Overall” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Nice Overall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Nice Hotel, very close to the Milano Grand Centrale Train Station, Free WiFi with great speed,
The Breakfast is great, and included.
The room has an average size, the decoration is terrible, the double bed is not big but it is very comfortable.
The bathroom requires you to be fit... The shower is very small, but the water pressure is ok.
The staff is very professional and courteous
I would stay here again and I do recommend this hotel..

Room Tip: When I found out my room was on the ground floor I was a little concerned, but I had no problems at...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (688)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Yardley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

“Ideally located, exceptional and friendly service, good choice”
This hotel provided us with a great stay in Milan, one of the main jumping-off points on our Italian vacation. The Berna is only a 5 minute walk from the central train station where the airport bus and long distance trains (both within Italy and to other European cities) start and finish. The metro stop is also close by. We stayed four nights at Hotel Berna in October, and were delighted with the thoughtful management attention and the comforts that the hotel offers its guests. My wife and I planned several daytrips to surrounding areas by train, and the hotel’s walking-distance location was perfect; the front desk staff (Cesare and Luiz) was even able to get us through a railroad workers strike by getting the “not so readily available” info on which trains would still be running during the strike. We were able to arrange for a nice queen size bed and all optional amenities weeks ahead of arriving, via a very friendly personalized webpage interface. And though we got in the morning we landed after their usual breakfast cutoff time, the staff nonetheless welcomed us to partake of their buffet offerings of fresh pastries, eggs, meats, and coffee. The breakfast is unbelievable and you won't find many better in your travels. I highly recommend staying at Berna if you’re in Milan.

Room Tip: There is a number of recently renovated rooms on the 4th floor of the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Although I stayed only one night, I can tell that the management of the hotel is doing very good job and all the staff's hospitality to guests is superb. A room was a little bit smaller than I expected, but free wifi, free mini-bar, turndown service, good breakfast, there are many things which wiped off the room size; so there is not even one thing that I can imagine that I would complaint about. Desktop computers and printers were really helpful when you need to printout e-ticket, boarding pass and next hotel's voucher. The hotel is very close to the central station, which is very convenient and no problem walking around daytime, but a little bit, just a tiny bit bleak neighborhood at night time: yet, nothing that you need to worry about.. though.
Overall, I give "excellent" to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Pleasantly surprised with the modern bathrooms. Very comfy rooms. Small but cosy. Great location - 5 minutes walk to Central Station. And 2 minutes to the metro. Just 4 stops from the Duomo. Will be happy to return to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Berna for a total of 3 nights. I picked the hotel largely based on ratings as well as its convenient location right next to the train station. My stay was nice, but I didn't find the staff friendly

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

My stay was nice, but I didn't find the staff as overwhelmingly friendly as some other reviewers have noted. The service was good, and any time I asked a question or needed help with a bag someone was always there.

Most of the other reviewers have covered the good and the bad: the breakfast is more than ample, and the happy hour food is a nice touch. When I arrived my room was turned down and there was a nice Italian cookie on the bed. The free drinks in the mini bar are nice, but in my room the refrigerator was not plugged in (and there was not outlet to plug it into), so that was a bit disappointing since I prefer my beverages chilled. I too was surprised that the door did not lock when you closed it - watch out for that for sure.

It turned out the hotel was an easy metro ride to almost all the things you wanted to see in Milan.

Unfortunately the bed in my room was very uncomfortable, but that is the nature of the beast when you travel - luckily the beds were better is some of my previous hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Berna for 2 nights for a quick tour of Milan before heading to Switzerland. LOCATION is key for this hotel. We flew into Milan International (Malpensa) Airport and took the train into the city. Hotel Berna is an easy, 2 block walk with luggage. When we left 2 days later, we left from the same train station to go North to Switzerland. There are several subway and surface trams within 2 to 4 blocks of the hotel, so it makes for a good location if you are using public transportation both to get there and to get around the city.

We stayed in the Annex across the street from reception, which was convenient and safe. The hotel key is required to get into the building and there are 2 doors through which to pass, which is also surveyed by video camera. Even though I would not consider this a bad area, this high level of security was nice.

Our room was reasonably sized for European standards and had all the right equipment. A full breakfast was included and there were many options - hot and cold. For the price and location, Hotel Berna was definitely a hotel I would suggest to travelers to Milan.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple