“Perfect stay”

Melia Milano
Ranked #60 of 428 Hotels in Milan
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Melia just two days. But I have only words of praise. Close to the metro station facilitates connection with the center and the main train station. Fans who come to Milan San Siro Stadium is only a 15 minute walk. We used only breakfast, which is very rich and varied to suit all tastes.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
rregolini, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Melia Milano, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear antonella b

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind feedback of your recent stay at the Meliá Milano. It s always an honour to read how much you enjoyed the hotel services and breakfast during your stay as well as your recognition of the hotel location which is just few minutes away from the centre and from the San Siro Stadium. We truly hope to welcome you back again at the nearest future. Don’t forget to like our Facebook page at Meliá Milano for our latest news and promotions.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I am writing this from the hotel having checked in yesterday, to counter-act the unkind reviews. I travel the world regularly for work, so hve a good sense to hotels, and this one is of a high standard.

From communication beforehand with Veronica at customer relations regarding preparing for my partners birthday, to the very friendly check-in staff. The hotel is stylish, the rooms a great size, and the whole ambience fantastic. Thank you Melia Milan Team.

Room Tip: The staff seem to be always helpful with this request.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2013

stayed here for two nights as a base for a quick site seeing trip to Milan and Lake Como. The hotel is spacious and clean and the breakfast great to start a busy day. The hotel is located about 11 stops on the metro from the centre of Milan which takes about 30 minutes travelling to reach, but the metro is pretty easy to navigate. Had a bit of bother at centrale station re pick pockets but they were unsuccessful however it put us on our guard for the rest of the trip. we ate at the restaurant across the road 'ranch roberta' which served a good variety of dishes to suit but specialised in seafood which we would recomend. Hotel also has english speaking channels on the TV which was a bonus in the evening as a rest before bed!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms
rregolini, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Melia Milano, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear blakefamily

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at the Meliá Milano, as we always appreciate feedback and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We were delighted to read your comments about our property and our “great breakfast” as you say. You right, Meliá Milano is an excellent base for discovering Milan thanks to fantastic access to any part of the city. We looking so much forward to welcome you soon. Don’t forget to like our Facebook page at Meliá Milano for our latest news!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Big and comfortable hotel on the outskirts of Milan, 200m from the Metro and a short walk from the Fiera and from the bus stop from Linate or Malpensa. I stayed here for the location frankly and was pleased that there are three decent restaurants within a few hundred yards, as well as an Autogrill around the corner where you can have a simple breakfast for a few Euros rather than the overpriced buffets in the hotel. I would certainly stay there again if I got a decent room rate. Nothing not to like

Room Tip: Quiet road so doesn't matter which side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank essexboyracer2004
rregolini, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Melia Milano, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear essexboyracer2004

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, the hotel location and our food experience. Your opinion is very important to us and we would like to thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on Tripadvisor. Our recommendation for your next stay is to try our restaurants Alacena for fine dining Mediterranean Cuisine and a wide selection of Italian wines. We are looking forward to welcome you back at Meliá Milano! Please visit our website www.melia.com for special rates and our latest promotions.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed at the Melia Milano for 4 nights as we had an event at the MiCo Congress which is an easy 10 minute walk. The hotel is very clean, the staff super helpful and the breakfast buffet is definitely worth whatever extra it cost. Free wifi in all of the rooms a plus too.

All good!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Bleifeld

Thank you for sharing your experience at Meliá Milano with all Tripadvisor users! We are happy to see that you took advantage of our great location with convenient connections to MiCo Congress Center, and enjoyed our delicious breakfast with show cooking, our staff attitude and our Passion! We appreciate your valuable comments and will look forward to welcoming you back on your next business trip to Milan! See you Soon!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

In 2013 I spent in the hotel about 20 nights in total. I stayed there in January, June, July, September and last time in late October. Before the last stay everything was more than ok and I valued the hotel for the convenient location and skilled and well-trained staff.

Firstly, overall experience for all the stays. The hotel is very conveniently located especially for business travellers or those who come to Fiera (old one). I also find the location is good enough for tourists and shoppers as well, coz metro station (line 1) is 3 minutes away and close to the hotel there are several bus stops. It's easy to park a car right outside the hotel (free for night). I'm not a big fun of the hotel's interiors. I would call the design a way too much pretentious and posh. Meanwhile the rooms are well-equipped, even Standard rooms (that are a bit small) have proper sized bathroom and working area. I found mattresses in rooms a bit hard to my taste, but still ok for sleeping. Before the last stay I really enjoyed the staffs and services. They normally spoke good English and used to be skilled, extremely polite and very attentive to all requests. That's for all staffs I've been in touch: front desk, room service and Alacena restaurant. The breakfast is one of the best I have had in hotels.

Then, my last stay. I booked Premium room for 3 consecutive nights in late October. I arrived late in the evening after my flight and was quickly checked in by a nice guy to a Premium room 241. I liked it a lot, it was larger than Lever rooms even a bit noisy due to proximity of elevators. In the evening prior to 2nd night I got phone call from front desk and was told that I will have to move out from the room the next day. WHAT? I got shocked and asked for the explanation, she told that there is someone else who wants to stay in this particular room, thats why I MUST move to other room. That is completely ridiculous and unacceptable. I've stayed many times even in 3* hotels and never received such treatment. They simply kicked my out the room (booked, paid) in the middle of my stay because there is someone else (might be a good friend of a manager) who wanted this room. After I declined to move out they offered me upgrade to Level room (I wasn't impressed at all because I stayed in Level rooms many times before and they are smaller in size). Later on I also found a letter under the door, basically it was very impolite reminder that I MUST move out tomorrow. I had no other choice than change a room next day. They gave me a Level room, that was 30% smaller, no extra excuses or room credit. When I moved into a new room and was working technicians came to my room (with no request for sure), 30 minutes later a couple of women (looked like maids' supervisors) opened doors, 30 minutes later I got called again by the hospitality manager and asked if I liked the new room. I answered NO, she answered more or less OK. That was very disturbing.

At check-out they decided to do their best to make sure that I will never come back. I went down to make check out and pay city tax (stay was fully paid) and was told that in their system they see that only 2 first nights were paid and I need to pay 285 eur (rack rate) more for the 3rd night. It must be they had a system error or it was a mistake of someone who moved me to another room. When I explained that room rate is paid in full, the answer was: No, you did not pay. You have to pay now. WHAT AGAIN? I offered them to send confirmation of reservation (I had one printed out but the guy at check in took it), but a receptionist start calling somewhere. It took considerable time and I was in risk of missing my train from Centrale. Then I asked his colleague to come to do something, otherwise I was simply going to leave the hotel (I paid for my stay, I can provide confirmation, that's it) and she replied very rude: "We do not see that you paid, stay here until my colleague investigate". Definitely 5 star service. In the end they for sure found a mistake and that all nights were paid. I spent for checking-out 15 minutes and missed my train to Florence (arrived 1 min later at Centrale), after that I had to buy a last-minute flex fare ticket for a next train for 90 eur.

What can I say? Difficult situations might happen, true that. The question is how to handle these situation. With this hotel everything was nice when there were no such situations, but when it comes to troubles, hotel employees just make more and more troubles for guests. I want to point out that really I have never been kicked out of the paid room simply because someone else wanted this room. That is how they treat to loyal guests who spent 20+ nights in their hotel in 2013. I'm pretty sure I will find other place to stay in Milano.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
11  Thank Cestovatel_W
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Excellent in all regards with outstanding levels of service. Best medium price hotel in Milan! Will use again and recommend to all. Food quality from breakfast to bar menu to formal restaurant all outstanding.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
1  Thank Neil S
rregolini, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Melia Milano, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Neil S

Thank you for taking the time to leave such kind feedback of your recent stay at the Meliá Milano. We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed the service and our food quality during your stay and it will be a pleasure to share your beautiful feedback with the rest of the team in the Meliá hotel! We can’t wait to welcome you back again for the new experience and memorable stay! Don’t forget to like our Facebook page at Meliá Milano for our latest news and promotions and See you Soon!