“UnEven in every way”

Ranked #128 of 428 Hotels in Milan
chicago, il
“UnEven in every way”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed here for Business. The service and amenities were a bit uneven. Room was ok, a little small and a little outdated but the bathroom was nice and new, no bathtub but there was a bidet. There was shampoo but not conditioner, no body lotion, no kleenex -but there was a shoe shine kit?! The staff spoke English very well, but they were not very friendly and when I asked them for directions just said them, did not map them for me. Also I was having a problem with my american to european power plug and they had none to lend me, they directed me to a store a block away to buy my own, and after a pantomime with the non english speaking shopkeeper I was able to get a new power adapter! Yay! But again I felt the hotel should have been more helpful to this end. The breakfast was very good but the coffee servers were slow and even ignored me at times, so I learned to use the cappuccino machine myself very quickly. Really nothing here felt friendly or inviting.

The location is good and there is a great grocery store and several very good restaurants within walking distance. I would stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ADIHotelsManagement, Direttore generale at ADI Hotel Poliziano Fiera, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear “Gypsygirlchicago”,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your visit to our hotel on Tripadvisor. We find that comments such as yours are invaluable to us in our endeavours to improve the service we try to offer to all our guests.

Our bathrooms are either equipped with a bath or a shower. Whenever no specific request is made we tend to offer rooms with showers as these seem to be preferred by most of our guests. The Shampoo offered in the rooms is “Conditioning Shampoo” and we have discontinued supplying Body Lotion due to the very low usage of this product. I do apologise however for the lack of Kleenex in the room though. We are well aware that this is still a very popular amenity which one expects to find in a hotel bedroom.

We have carried out a number of training sessions with our staff who are, in any case, naturally friendly and I was saddened to read that this was not apparent during your stay. We have however taken your suggestion on board that directions should be mapped out and not verbally explained. Thank you for the suggestion.

We stock a number of power adapter plugs at reception. It is a pity though that, when you requested one, they must have all been given out. The staff should however have advised you when the first one would become available so as to help you decide whether it was worth buying a new one or waiting for a short while.

We hope that you will return to Italy and should you return to Milan, that you will choose to stay with us again ( please let us know in advance of your preference for a bath tub so we can allocate the right type of room next time).

We would like to thank you once again for writing about us and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Poliziano Fiera Hotel soon.

Best regards,
Giacomo Bertolio – Sales & Marketing Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hotel is an absolute gem. Facilities excellent, extremely friendly staff who go out of their way to help you. Furthermore, all staff speak excellent English which makes you feel sometimes inadequate and you wished you'd tried harder to learn some of the language before you go. We were made to feel very welcome indeed. Some reviewers have said that the trip to Milan centre is arduous as it is without doubt a 40 minute walk, but you don't go to Milan to take public transport to the centre if you really want to drink in the atmosphere of the city and see life as it is. I would have no hesitation in going back to this hotel. Again, some people have said that rooms have dated furniture, but the quality of the beds cannot be matched, and neither can the cleanliness, which is top notch. To all but the extremely finicky, this hotel is one you must visit when on a trip to Milan, if only just to see how customer service should be done. I would have no hesitation in returning. Sterling!

Room Tip: Stay on the higher floors of the hotel and preferably at the back to avoid street noise. Quiet area...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
ADIHotelsManagement, Direttore generale at ADI Hotel Poliziano Fiera, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear “Albufeira_Fan”,
we would like to thank you for your extremely kind comments about our hotel. It is comments such as yours which make our efforts to continually improve our level of service to our guests, worthwhile.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel Poliziano Fiera in the near future.

Best regards,
Giacomo Bertolio – Sales & Marketing Office
Norway
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The instructions to get to the hotel on the hotel website are really bad. I ended up looking up travel reviews on trip advisor to find out how to get there! I arrived at around 8 in the evening and was met by a very friendly and helpful receptionist. The room was tiny, but otherwise fine. After a long journey, I just wanted to watch some TV, order room service, check my emails, brush my teeth and go to bed. As it turned out, each one of those things proved difficult/impossible. The information brochure in the room described “a wide range of foreign language channels for free”, but what they actually offered was only CNN, BBC News, and Al Jazeera so no joy there. I struggled to find the phone numbers for room service and for reception (not clearly listed anywhere!), but when I finally found the phone number I was told that room service was closed (at 8.30 pm!). Too tired to go out, I decided to hit the mini bar. The brochure mentioned that it had “a large selection of drinks and snacks”, but in actual fact, all they had were two small packets of Pringles and a box of nuts. Of course, Internet in the room wasn’t working either so no TV and no internet. The water coming out of the taps was very rusty, but there was no free bottle of water to brush my teeth, so I ended up having to buy a bottle from the mini bar. But of course, no pen in the room to fill in the mini bar sheet. By this stage, this small detail was pretty annoying, and by the time I got to bed I was very grumpy!! Friendly staff, but I would not stay here again.

No spyhole in the door.
No fire instructions.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Busybee44Norway
ADIHotelsManagement, Direttore generale at ADI Hotel Poliziano Fiera, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear “Busybee44Norway”

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to describe your experience at our Hotel Poliziano Fiera, and I am sorry to read that your stay with us was well below your expectations. Seeing as we are continually striving to improve our service, your comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

We are already reviewing the instructions on our website in order to make it easier for future clients to get to the hotel, as well as reviewing the visibility of the room service number in the room which is available from 7am to 12am as well as the fire instructions. We are investigating why you were not offered this service at 8.30pm. We offer FREE Wi Fi Internet connection from all our rooms and so was very disappointed to read that during your stay there might have been some fault in the system. I can reassure you that this has now been resolved.

The channels we offer on our TV are indeed those you have listed in your email. We do offer Sky TV in our sister hotel the Doria Grand Hotel, located near Milan’s Central Train Station. Which does in fact offer an even wider range of programmes.

I am sorry that you feel that the range of products in our mini bar is unsubstantial, the snacks however are not intended as an alternative to a full meal. Furthermore, we offer all soft drinks free of charge in our Deluxe and MilADIes rooms ( the latter being rooms created for the travelling business woman and offer other benefits too ).

In view of your experience during your last stay with us, I would be very pleased if you could contact us when you next book a room with ADI Hotels, ( i.e. the Hotel Poliziano Fiera or the Doria Grand Hotel so that we can offer you a free upgrade to one of these rooms and hope that you can take full advantage of the extras offered.

We look forward to welcoming you again and thank you once more for your patience in pointing out grievances.

Yours sincerely,
Giacomo Bertolio – Sales&Marketing Office
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 24, 2012

This hotel was booked for a business visit due to its proximity to the Conference Centre ( MiCo). Though close to the Domodossolo tube station, getting here from Malpensa is certainly an adventure with no clear instructions on the website to aid non-Italian speaking guests. The rooms are small, with average cleanliness and street noise is audible through the night. The upholstery could do with an upgrade. The area around the hotel is not very interesting with very few restaraunts nearby. Not great value for money even taking into account that Milan is an expensive city but adding the city tax on the last day to the checkout bill leaves a bad taste in the mouth...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Uxbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We arrived Friday afternoon for a 3 night stay, brought a 16 Euro return coach from Malpensa airport to the Centrale FS station, which is about a 50 minute drive so very good value as taxis are a rip off and I am very pleased to say we did not get one taxi all holiday! Then from here we got a tube and bus to basically right outside the hotel – a very easy and simple journey with a couple of maps, a bit of help and some common sense (we are not used to using public transport at all on holiday so to say it is easy coming from us means it really is!) I had read reviews of the hotel so kind of knew what to expect however I was still pleasantly surprised, the Pictures on the website do not really do it justice as it is much more than a basic looking hotel. Reception staff are great and always helpful, free Wi-Fi is also amazing as we were able to map things and read reviews of restaurants etc. and plan our days much better. The rooms are very spacious and cleaned thoroughly every day, also with mini bars which was useful to use the fridge! Breakfast was fine, with a nice selection of croissants, cold meats, cereal and hot drinks etc., nothing amazing and I missed having the toasting machine they usually have in foreign hotels but it does the job. The location is perfect, we couldn't have got it any better if we’d have tried. There are bus stops going in every direction and only a short journey to wherever you need to go, buses are also free and underground is only 1.50 Euro all day so great value too. There are loads of lovely little restaurants within a 5-10 minute walk of the Hotel and the nightlife area of Navligi is only a 15 minute walk away or short bus journey. There are also a few supermarkets close by but be warned they shut fairly early and It is impossible to find anything open after 9 pm for supplies so get anything you need early! Overall we had a wonderful experience and would seriously recommend the hotel to anyone wanting to be in the heart of Milan whatever your trip is for.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Binghamton
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We spent three nights in this hotel, and were very pleased with its location and services. We arrived by train into Milan central station, then took the green Metro line to Cadorna, and the Trenord line one stop to Domodolarossa station. From the airport, you can take the Malpensa Express directly to Cadorna, then the Trenord. You should know that you need only one ticket, which is good for the metro and the train. The front of the Domoddolarossa station is on via Poliziano, turn right, cross the big street Corso Sempione and go about two blocks. Hotel is on the left. There is also a laundry, which says self service, but they did everything, including folding the clothes; and a supermarket with hot meals and rotisserie chicken a block to the left of the hotel, and then left. It's an easy 20-30 minute walk (right from the hotel, then left on Corso Sempione) to the park and the Castello Sforza. The only problem we had was not being able to change money at any of the banks. We were told to go to center city, but we just used the ATM instead.

The hotel had free wifi, although they gave us a password at first, good for 4 hours of use. When I inquired about this, I was told to just come and get another when that ran out. The next time, it was good for 8 hours of use. They also had a computer in the lobby with a printer, where they allowed us to print out our boarding passes for free. Breakfast was good, with a variety of fruit, croissants, meats, cheese, rolls, scrambled eggs, juice and coffee.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank nhlupine
Greece
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We only stayed at this hotel for 1 night but we were very satisfied with our stay. We got a room at the 8th floor, offering view to the city. The room was clean and comfortable, everything was great. We really enjoyed taking the tram (no. 1) to and from the city center, it was like we traveled to another era!

Room Tip: Go for a room at a high floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple