“Pretty Good Pasta”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Al Vecchio Porco

Al Vecchio Porco
Ranked #2,491 of 8,078 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Atlanta, GA
“Pretty Good Pasta”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Like most reviewers, we wandered across the street from the Hermitage Hotel. Enjoyed pasta especially the Spaghetti a la Vongole. Manager was nice, chatty... other diners appeared to be locals... No other dining choices visible from the hotel....

• Visited September 2013

Vancouver, BC, CAD
“porco meals and some...”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

liked the ambience, a surprising find just outside the 'hermitage' and in the middle of chinatown milan! when in mailan eat italian, and this place is one sure bet - I recommend this place

Visited October 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quite terrible.”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Quite a bad restaurant. A name like vecchio porco makes one salivate with BBQ dreams, but no.

Over priced, below average service and the food is really quite average. the only saving grace is the terasse which is a pleasant place to sit.

For the price its completely not worth it, only go if in the area and desperate.

• Visited October 2013
Belfast N.Ireland
“The Worst Value Restaurant In Milan”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

After a busy day of sight seeing in Milan, myself and my girlfriend decided to go to this restaurant which is located directly in front of the hotel which we were saying in.I can honestly say the quality of the food did not match the price that we paid.My girlfriend was told that she would receive potatoes with her Roast Chicken which was overcooked(you can eat better roast Chicken at Kentucky fried Chicken).What she received was an overloaded plate of potato crisps.My Milanese cutlet was bland at best.We attempted to eat the food as we were hungry,however nobody came to ask us how our food was.When I complained, a person who I assume was the Manager confronted me in a aggressive manner stating that "your country are all the same".When I asked him what country do I come from he stormed off.Not once did any of the staff try to rectify the situation.It was obvious that both management or staff neither cared for or had the skills to deal with customer dissatisfaction.The total bill for two main courses and a bottle of wine was 76 EURO.I can't state how strongly not to recommend this so called restaurant unless you have money to throw away.The Hermitage Hotel which is located in front of this so called restaurant has a far better restaurant with excellent service.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank DEVS2112
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Typical Italiano in Milan”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

It is a typical Italian 'ristorante'--not fancy, just good cuisine, friendly service and lots of fun. Although it is in the heart of Piccola China, there is nothing chinese. On top of that there is a large heated terrasse, where you can smoke. I had a tartar and it was fabulous.

• Visited May 2013