“Excellent restaurant”
Review of La Foglia

La Foglia
Reserve with
Save up to 40% when you reserve online *
La Foglia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #564 of 8,156 Restaurants in Milan
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Italian restaurant with mediterran cuisine, home made dessert , pasta and traditional dishies.
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Lobster pasta is the best! We also had the potato and bacon soup for my son, who loved it and my husband had the spaghetti carbonara, which was also excellent. We highly recommend this restaurant!

Visited March 2014
4 Thank Val D

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tarxien, Malta
“A real experience”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

We opted to go to this restaurant basing on reviews on TripAdvisor and it was also close to our hotel. Food was served in a timely manner and was very well cooked. Service was excellent and staff were very friendly.

2 Thank wmlc1004
“Easy eat”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I went to dine here as it was close to my hotel at 7pm. The restaurant was empty but given it was quite early and not long after two other groups joined the restaurant .

I went for the EUR16.50 set menu having read good things about it in the Italian reviews on the site.

The setting is trattoria or bistro style cosy and clean.

My starter of bruscetta was nice but not the best I have had but my enjoyment was lessened by it being whipped away before I was finished - really not necessary when I was the only one in the restaurant! This was really the only downside in service as the waiter was friendly and helpful and I hear him speaking Italian, French and English in the time I was there.

My first course of tagliatelle with shrimps was nice and I enjoyed it but despaired at the thought of another course to come as it was fairly large. Pasta was perfectly cooked but I suspect may not have been freshly made.

I washed the pasta down with my small bottle of red described as something else in the "chanti or something else" a bit heavier more akin to a malbec blend it was pleasant enough but for EUR20 was probably a little pricey.

My next course was described as vegetable grill by the waiter and my Italian translation skills did not provide me with much better. But when it arrived it was glorious. One of the best vegeterian dishes I think I have ever eaten. Thinly sliced zuchinni, eggplant and artichoke accompanied by simply the most beautiful fresh mozarella I have ever eaten. YUM! As the cheese broke the young juices ran from it and combined with the seasoning to make the most delightful wee sauce that demanded I dip into the bread basket for the first time to mop it up. I cannot overestimate how much I enjoyed this simple pleasant dish. Without it the rating would have been a mediocre 3 stars for me but it transformed my day.

Entirely sated I failed in my goal of leaving room for the gorgeous looking apple tart tartin but strolled back to the hotel happily content.

TIPS: a starter is more than enough for those with a medium appetite and I would normally describe mine as large!

• Visited September 2013
Cairns, Australia
“Beautifully balanced flavours”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

During a recent stay in Milan we had 2 wonderful meals at La Foglia. The first was on a Sunday evening after a long plane flight from Australia. We happened to stumble on the restaurant as it was close to our hotel.The building in which it is housed is having some renovations but Sarah and staff had an exciting menu posted on the sidewalk.
We had the fixed price menu for 16.50 euro which was great value. I particularly enjoyed the seafood risotto with perfectly cooked calamari.Sauces were light and well balanced without cream or tomato dominance. We informed the staff that we would be back for more.
Our second visit 3 nights later had to be postponed another 24 hours as the restaurant was booked out. We ate from the main menu with our waiter providing great advice for a bottle of red wine to accompany our food. The pasta with clams was very good. We did not try desserts as the pasta, fish and steak were filling. The food at this restaurant is excellent.
Thank you for a great introduction to genuine Italian cooking.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Timtom57
Istanbul, Turkey
“Nice experience”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was in milan for holiday and near my hotel with trip i look for a restaurant. I decided to enter in this restarauNt for its atmosphere, very cool and cosy restaurant. I take an appetizer like crudo di branzino with nice corteze wine and after eat a grilled little lobster very very good coocked.

• Visited July 2013