“Good place to stay!”

B&B Villa Melchiorre
Ranked #218 of 282 Milan B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Villa Melchiorre is a nice B&B, located at 10-15min walk from the Stazione Centrale which is good if you plan to get the train to other italian cities. Overall is a great place with clean, spacious rooms, towels and shampoo included. Even though the bathroom is shared, most of the times is very clean and tidy. We never got up on time to breakfast so I can't talk about that. The only con is that being close to a busy avenue the room is very noisy, but you can solve that closing the balcony doors.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We wanted to do Milan on a budget so decided to book Villa Melchiorre. We got what we paid for - basic but clean services. The rooms and beds were comfy and we got air con for a little extra. We were slightly concerned about the communal toilets and showers but they were absolutely fine. So if you're wanting to do Milan on the cheap I would recommend this hotel. The main negatives were cold tea and coffee over breakfast and it not being located in walking distance to the train station, which the website claims.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jade H
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Through a double booking error at a original choice of hotel & supposed lack of hotel availability in Milan we booked a 1 night stay at the villa melchiorre sept 2012....A few hotel booking websites claimed " last room available" so I rushed & booked through desperation, only to find that when we got there, there was ample availability. 100 Euro's for 1 nights stay in a hostel type hotel with shared toilet & bath!.... Definitely not worth it!
Extortionately priced. I have stayed in £25 B&Bs which were far better. The room was extremely basic with wires providing from holes in the Walls & no TV.
The shared bathroom & toilet was surprisingly clean, however the lock was broken.
The audible traffic noise is horrendous & goes on at all hours, which will ensure you will have a sleepless stay. There is no ceiling fan , so if you plan on staying during the summer, be prepared for a sauna. On top of this I was bitten all over my body ' itching and scratching' I thought it was mosquito's until I lifted up the mattress in my frustration- only to find bed bugs/ mites.
The breakfast' included' was a joke .............. I'm not going to carry on, as the memory itself is making me cringe & itch.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Neo211069
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed in Milan at the Melchiorre for 2 nights at the beginning of a week-long trip around northern Italy. This B&B is very good value at around €50 per room for 2 people per night. For this price I would expect decent, clean rooms, basic breakfast and a fair location. On this basis, the Hotel is a great value budget option. The rooms are very clean. The breakfast was very nice, including yoghurt, juice, croissant and hot drink. We walked to the centre of the city in about 25 minutes, and at about 10 minutes to the Central Station and its subway station, you should be able to get anywhere within the city in 30 minutes or so. The best thing about the Hotel was the staff, extremely nice, helpful and friendly. If you want smart, then up your price limit, but if you want a very decent budget option, certainly consider the B&B Villa Melchiorre.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I recently had to spend a night in Milan between a late flight and a morning train. What I wanted was a place that didn't cost much and that was near the railway station and from those aspects this place was perfect. As my room was overlooking a busy street I figured there would be noise and I wasn't bothered by that, however I didn't expect hoovering outside my room at 6.30 in the morning... The staff was friendly, the breakfast was ok and the room was very clean. The shared bathroom could've been cleaner, but then again I understand that it can't be spotless all the time as it is shared.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Susann S
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Upon a 5 day trip to Milan, I had booked 2 cheap Hotels to maintain the "budget" style holiday that I wanted to create. (Although perhaps Milan wasn't the best location for this feat).

At just 25 euros per night, this was certainly the cheapest hotel that I had found in and around central Milan, so didn't have my hopes set to high.

On arrival, it was apparent how close this was to Sondrio Metro station (3 or so stops away from Milan centrale), with just a 2-3 minute walk to the hotel. Upon entry, we were greeted by a very friend hotel owner, who welcomed us in and gave us our keys, and showed us to our room.

The room itself was VERY spacious, with 2 large (nearly double) single beds, and a view across the street. The room offered free Wifi, a TV, wardrobe, charging sockets, and just outside the room a microwave, vending machine and balcony looking out across the area.

Staff were very happy to help when I asked for a bottle opener (darn those non screw top bottles of wine), and happily answered any other queries we had. Very quiet hotel, with the only noise coming from the road.

My only complain would be the slight lack of hot water in the morning showers, but if you shower later on the temperature was fine.

Overall, a clean, spacious hotel with friendly staff - somewhere that I'd certainly stay again without hestiation.

Thanks Villa Melchoirre!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Ian B
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Ok, so this hotel is not a 5*- but do you really expect that for the price.
The staff- always on hand (reception manned 24hours), very friendly and couldnt be more helpful when we asked them for transport/day out tips

The room- Was spotlessly clean and the room we stayed in was huge for the 3 of us, yes we were aware of the traffic outside, but this is milan and I highly doubt unless you pay huge amounts of money that you will get a 'quiet' room- this is Milan a city on the go!
Our rooms were swept and beds made everyday, I felt very happy to leave the key at reception in the knowledge that someone was always sat there.

The food- I only had breakfast once during my stay (on the last morning) Its not gourmet food, but toast and jam/chocolate spread, croissant and yoghurt done me fine. To be honest this was the only hotel I see that included it so surely its an added bonus.

The location- Like I previously said its on a main road with traffic passing pretty much all night- but I got used to it, as did my two friends. This hotel is a 5 minute walk from the metro line that takes you straight to the centre, its about 10 minutes to central and you can hear the tram doors opening the stops that close. LOCATION IS KEY!

The bathroom- yes this was shared and yes sometimes the hot water was lacking but if you insist on having a shower when everyone else does (peak times 9-10am) then of course that will be the case! It was spotlessly clean every time I used it and I didn't find it a problem at all sharing.

The security- there is a buzz in intercom with camera at the front gate, so give them a big smile when you enter. this also means that no one can get in if they aren't staying there! Like I said the reception is manned 24hours and situated next to the front door. Although I felt extremely safe in Milan its always good to have that extra reassurance

Overall we were very happy with the hotel, we didn't pay mega bucks but the hotel we got could afford to charge a lot more!! I would recommend this hotel and would definitely visit again. The money you save compared to other hotel prices can be spent in Milans FABULOUS shops

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends