“This is possibly the best B&B I've ever stayed at”
Review of B&B Milano Bella

B&B Milano Bella
Ranked #34 of 284 Milan B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have nothing but good things to say about this B&B and, as of this writing (3/29/2013), this is the BEST bed and breakfast I've ever stayed in. I stayed for 3 nights starting on 3/25/2013 and it really felt like I was living in Milan and like a Milanese.

Martin, the owner/proprietor, is an excellent host and is one of the friendliest guys I've ever met. He is extremely warm and knowledgeable and can give excellent advice for visitors to Milan. He is so super friendly that it's almost like meeting up with a distant relative -- he wants to talk to you, find out where you are from, tell you all about Milan, etc.. He is accommodating to any requests and is willing to help you call for attraction tickets, reservations, etc.. My wife lost something at Coin department store and Martin was willing to call their lost-and-found for us. Also, I had to leave for the train station at 4:30am and Martin prepared coffee and some biscotti for me so I wouldn't be completely in a daze when I departed.

The B&B itself is located on the 4th floor and there is an elevator. I stayed in the Green Room, which is the slightly smaller room without a balcony. The entry way to the room has a standing closet that can easily hold all of your stuff -- it almost goes up to the ceiling and has two levels to hang clothes. The room itself was clean and updated with modern furnishings. The room itself had a bed, 2 nightstands, desk and chair as well as mini-fridge that comes prestocked with drinks (it's a paid mini-bar). However, Martin does provide fresh fruit free of charge in the room (we got 2 apples and 2 kiwis). The fridge can hold a couple of more items, so you can easily go to the supermarket across the street and store it in your room. There is plentiful electrical outlets and wifi throughout. The bathroom was clean, with excellent hot water and water pressure.

Breakfast is a very typical European fare of croissants, coffee, cereal, yogurt, and juices. Everything was extremely tasty and the croissants were some of the better ones we had in Italy. The coffee was also very good.

The location of B&B Milano Bella is super convenient. Because it's not in the heart of Old Milan, you are not paying super high prices for restaurants and shopping -- both of which are plentiful in the area around the B&B. There is a supermarket across the street to stock up on water or drinks. Tripadvisor can be used to easily locate good restaurants in the local area (Trattoria Mario was pretty good for standard Italian fare). B&B Milano Bella is located right next to Corso Buenos Aires and the Porta Venezia metro station. Corso Buenos Aires is a diverse shopping street that has a range of local and international brands -- it complements any high end Golden Quadrilateral shopping that you might have planned. The Porta Venezia metro station connects to the M1 line that can easily bring you to the Duomo (via the Duomo stop) and the Last Supper (via the Conciliazone stop). If you are not carrying heavy luggage getting to Milano Bella can be accomplished via metro (M2 from Centrale to Lareto, then M1 to Porta Venezia) or a 20 minute walk from the central train station.

Overall I would totally stay at this place again and I highly recommend it to travelers that are looking for affordable accommodations and want to experience Milan with a more local perspective.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kenneth N

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed two nights and can honestly say it is the most hospitable, friendly and warm welcome we have ever received. The rooms are delightful, the breakfast delightful and the host Martin, what else, delightful. Highly recommended and very centrally located. We will most definitely return should we visit Milan again. Wonderful experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed there for three the nights with my girlfriend and we had the time of our lives.
Great location, excellent service, good price we could not have asked for a better place to stay in our getting to know Milan,,,,the owner and his family were very very kind to us. We will go back some day.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gerusio
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My cousin and I (both 25) stayed at Milano Bella for five nights and absolutely loved our time here. Staying at Martin's B&B allowed us to live out our dream of living in Milan, with the added comfort of having a host who was quick to answer any of our questions about the area. Also, it was quite a luxury to be asked every day what time we'd like our breakfast served at the following morning. The location was perfect, just steps from the subway. And staying at the B&B really did feel as though we had our own apartment to come home to after a day of shopping or night at the club. I have already begun to recommend Milano Bella to family and friends and will continue to do so.

Room Tip: Both rooms are lovely and we stayed in both of them. When we checked in we stayed in the smaller roo...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My husband and I spent one night at Martin's B&B..We were finishing our 3 week trip in Italy and had stayed in B&B's throughout our trip.. Martin's B&B is very centrally located, just 5 min walking distance from the central shopping area..the rooms are huge and beautifully decorated.. Martin was a very gracious host..we checked in at 10.30 pm and Martin offered to pick us up from the train station as well..he planned our day for us..we also left our luggage there post check out and came back to pick it up just before heading o the airport.the little balcony that they have is very cute..We came back a little earlier than expected to pick up our bags and Martin was not there..But we called him on his cellphone and he reached the b&B in 3 min flat..he had in fact taken his kids swimming and came back quickly (on his bicycle) so that we would not be delayed.. Martin also suggested a place to eat which as just fabulous..

Thanks Martin.. We absolutely loved your place would heartily recommend it to everyone...

Hari and Chetna, India

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank parnar
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I heartily agree with all the favourable comments made about Martin and B&B Milano. It is ideally situated in a quiet part of the city and easy walking distance to all tourist sights. In a city where accomodation is very expensive, B&B Milano offers excellent value for money.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I've always been kind of a hotel person and it was my first time staying in a B&B, drawn by the excellent reviews on TA. After staying in Martin's B&B, I don't think I can ever go back to a hotel. It deserves all the compliments one would read here.

The location is very central, but tucked in a quiet neighborhood alley with excellent restaurants nearby that are frequented by the locals. The moment you walk in you are welcomed by a charming courtyard, with the lift taking you to the 4th level where the B&B is located.

It is a building with such character, and the rooms are decorated with attention to details, which to me is something very important. The bath is bright and spacious, and I enjoyed waking up in the morning, sipping the freshly brewed coffee in the little patio.

What I enjoyed the most was the conversation over fine Sicilian wine with Martin and the other guest. In fact what I remember about Milan, after 2 weeks on the road in Italy, is that experience talking to the warm and thoughtful Martin and the other fellow traveler.

Will definitely come back to Milan and stay with B&B Milano Bella again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple