“No other Gelato comes close”

La Gelateria della Musica
Ranked #6 of 460 Dessert in Milan
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2012

OK, so after living in Italy for two years and having tried Gelato throughout Italy, I would say that 'La Gelateria della Musica' is definately the best that there is. It is situated near the Naviglio Grande, so on a hot Milanese night, you can eat your Gelato by the Naviglio. As for favourite flavours there are definately too many to choose from, however Pistaccio Crudo and Ciocolata con Sale del'Himalaya is by far my favourite.

There are newer reviews for La Gelateria della Musica

Reviewed August 26, 2012

They have probably the best icecream we ever eat in Milan, always with fresh fruit and handmade.Really a place to visit if you want to eat a good and genuine icecream!

2  Thank Syaretta
Reviewed July 24, 2012

a real surprise! So out of the city center but soooo good. The creams flavors are excellent (I honestly tried only those because for me cream cannot be judged on sorbets...) and I wanted to compare this place with my other big favorite ice-cream place Riva Reno. La Gelateria della Musica is as good, with the difference that it's also fun, I say it because some flavors (apart from the standard great ones) like "bread, butter and jam" are surprising to try. I couldn't believe I was eating and ice-cream instead of real spread, and it was very tasty. Don't miss on easter the flavor "Colomba" a traditional italian cake sold only on that period, I wonder if for Xmas there will be "Panettone", can't wait!!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I'm only doing one gelato review from our three weeks in Italy, covering Milan, Florence, Tuscany Venice and Positano and the hands down best was this one.
Unfortunately for my waistline our four kids were on a bit of a gelato mission to discover the best and taste the kaleidoscope of flavours available in Italy -so we went to many places!
This got the top vote with the amazing selection of flavours and the quality of the gelato -where else do you get three types of pistachio ( these were the best), the hazelnut and chocolate also exquisite -very hard to come back to earth again after these!
This was very much frequented by locals and a couple we chatted to in the queue told us they drive across Milan to get their gelato here!

2  Thank mtbashf
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Does this place even need any more publicity? For me it's the best ice cream in town, at least among the ones i've tried (as a milanese i've tried quite a lot ;)... according to my (sicilian) boyfriend the quality totally lives up to the sicilian standard. I would say keep faithful to the more traditional flavors: chocolate, coffee, hazelnut... and especially pistacchio (usually more than one quality, all worth trying but my favorite is "Bronte"). If you are a tourist in Milan and you want to know what real italian ice cream tastes like, this is the place. Just be careful it is highly addictive!