“Good Food & Great Staff”
Review of Il Vento - CLOSED

Il Vento
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
USA
“Good Food & Great Staff”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stopped by earlier when they were closed (staff inside but not seating/serving) and came back for dinner. They remembered us and gave us a complimentary glass of Prosecco (which I confirmed was gratis before accepting).

The staff was very pleasant and competent. The food was some of the best we had in all of Italy (and reasonably priced). Note that there is a "table fee" - I think it was a 2 or 3 euro a person, which is insignificant in my mind considering the price and quality of the food.

• Visited December 2012

humble
“Great food”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We were a large group and they accommodated us. The waiter made some very good recommendations. The food was delicious. I would recommend the ocean special. The only food I would stay away from is the squid.

Visited March 2012
New York
“Great food and service, wonderful ambiance”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I really enjoyed our visit to Il Vente. While the restaurant is not in the center of town, it's very near the Milan Marriott and it's an excellent choice for anyone staying there. The decor was lovely and elegant, all ivory and cream and very inviting with cozy lighting. The menu was extensive and interesting, and we all loved our food and wine (and yes, they do bring a complimentary glass of prosecco to start up the meal). Service was excellent. Our waitress was so helpful and attentive, and her English was good- I wish I remembered her name so that I could compliment her personally. One member of our group is on gluten-free diet, and our waitress (along with the chef and management there) was extremely attentive to this issue and guided us in choosing the right menu items for him. Overall we had a wonderful evening at Il Vente and would gladly return there.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Alenchik
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The answer my friend”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We were based at the near by Marriot and managed to get a reservation at an hours notice for 10pm on a Saturday night.

Il Vento steers clear of Italian restaurant clichés, there’s no red gingham or faux rustic trinkets instead the crisp white décor and well lit rooms showcase a new, modern and stylish restaurant.

All menus were in Italian but the staff were very helpful and assisted translating into English and Spanish as our choices eventually got made. The menu, once understood, boasts a good range of starters, meat dishes, fish dishes, pizza and pasta with our group of five sampling a decent cross section and all were more than happy with their plates.

The more than ample wine list is another winning element to an entirely unpretentious eatery; Il Vento is well worth visiting for anyone looking for a fantastic, well priced meal in an elegant setting whilst in Milan.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank willofjrh
Long Beach, California
“Delicious food, excellent service. I wanted to eat there every night.”
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We walked in here after walking out of Pace--the light was just too bright there. Il Vento had a wonderful atmosphere--champagne when you first sit down, nice table with linens and crystal, quiet but not too quiet. The menu had so many good things I could not decide, so I opted for the ravioli, a special. It was the best I'd ever had, delicate and flavorful. We split the prosciutto and melon first course and I had the ravioli as my second. The service was excellent as well. Delicious! I cannot wait to return to Milan and the restaurant.

• Visited September 2011