“A touch of Sicily in Milan - absolutly to try”

Trattoria Ottimofiore
Ranked #1,755 of 8,234 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Milan, Italy
“A touch of Sicily in Milan - absolutly to try”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Last time I went to Ottimofiore was last Saturday with my wife and other two couples of friends. Because this restaurant is relatively small, we reserved the table for six. The environment and the service is familiar and kind. We ordered a very good white housewine. As appetizers, there is always a very inviting self-service trolley with mixed vegetables and fish pickles, tunafish balls, "parmigiana" (aubergine pie) and many others gluttonies. Because I tried the trolley in the past, I rather preferred to try a carpaccio of salmon and raw shrimps. As first dish, I had a very good pasta coi ricci (pasta with sea urchins) that was very good, while my wife ordered pasta "a la norma" (with aubergines) which is the typical pasta in Sicily and that at Ottimofiore I consider one of the best that I have ever tried. The list of the dessert is greedy: various caramel mougats with sesame seeds, almonds etc., candied orange peels covered with chocolate, "pasta di mandorla"... it was very difficult to make a choice. Finally I decided for pomegranate with tangerine sorbet. The sorbet was delicious and the pomegranate was perfectly de-seeded. Then I finished the dinner with a glass of zibibbo (typical Sicilian wine for desserts) and espresso. We paid more or less Euro 32,00 each, that I consider very honest for Milan. I have been several times to this restaurant and the food and the service have been always good. I strongly recommend to go to Ottimofiore!

• Visited January 2012