“Everything is alright”
Review of Residenza Cenisio

Residenza Cenisio
Ranked #186 of 290 Specialty Lodging in Milan
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The apartment is outfitted with modern furniture and design, so it was pretty nice, during the daytime the room would get plentiful sunlight which makes it even more amazing. Location, however, is a bit far from Centre, but that being said, the size and the cost of the apartment is base upon its location, so I cannot consider it a negative. HOWEVER, for anyone that rely heavily on internet connection, I suggest you to stay away from this hotel, of the 2 days I stayed there I receive absolutely zero internet connectivity, and they claim that the internet just went down. I do not quite believe it as when I ask the other residence they report the same connectivity prior to my arrival. Otherwise I have nothing much to complain. Great apartment overall!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I am really happy that I have chosen this Apartment Hotel for staying almost half a year in Milan. I was there for professional reasons and I had a great time. First of all the apartment was very modern with well-equipped kitchen and really comfortable furniture. Moreover, the stuff was great, really polite with good knowledge of English, something that you do not find easily in Milan. At this point I have to say that everybody but most of all Valentina was a remarkable person and helped me a lot when I first arrived. During the winter the house had very good heating and sometimes with outside temperature of -8 C I was opening the windows... And finally, its location was very near to the center (15 minutes by tram to Duomo) and at the same time in a very quiet neighborhood.
I am lucky to find this place because leaving such a long time somewhere is like choosing a second home.
Grazie Residenza Calvino

Room Tip: Try to avoid the rooms in front of the trains
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank KYRIAKOS-IOANNA
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Stayed here May 2012 with two friends. Lovely clean and fresh hotel, friendly staff with excellent English. A bit of noise from trains (I worried it was an earthquake aftershock the first morning) but they dont run through the night and you barely notice them after the first night. Excellent shower. Trams are slow to centre. Its about a 45 minute walk through Parca Sempione - an excellent way to see another side to the city. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 8, 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Michiel C
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Recently refurbished clean tidy and comfortable hotel in the suburbs. Don't expect to be able to walk into town. But the town centre is easy to get to by tram. Good value for money too.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed here over a weekend for the Grand Prix. We found it slightly hard to find because there was no signage. We only knew we had the right place after we had walked into the foyer of the building. The location is near the Monument Cemetery and is close to trams into the centre, to get to Milano centrale, there is one connection (tram then train), but if you have a lot of luggage, it might be a challenge as there are no elevators or escalators at the train trop Lanza.

Unfortunately, the reception desk closes for several hours over lunch, so we had an hour long wait- there was a TV and chairs in the lobby so was no too uncomfortable.

Initially, I was very happy with the room- it was a 1 bedroom apartment with full cooking facilities and everything you would need to make a meal (we only had simple breakfasts, but it was good to have the option. Very clean, with cofortable furnishings. The cleaners had just finished and it smelled of bleach. This soon turned to the smell of smoke, not just a little... We spoke to reception who was very apologetic and offered a smaller room on the same side of the building with no kitchen (or washing machine- which we needed desperately!!)- they were fully booked for the Grand Prix.

The bed was hard, which is our preference, but the pillows were terrible! The first night we barely slept because of the noise from the train- it was like we were sleeping 1m away from the tracks! Definitely ask for a room on the other side to the train, it would be much quieter. The second night we wore earplugs, but could still hear noise, which was weird.

Room Tip: Request room on opposite side to trains
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple