“All very stylish but...”
Review of Uptown Palace

Uptown Palace
Ranked #57 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Lovely modern décor. Unfortunately it's a case of style over function. The 'look' of the place is more important than the needs of the customer. Not enough sign-age, none in lift to help guide you where you need to go. The Milan heat got to me so I was trying to find out if the bar served food but nothing in room to help me and no info to tell me where it was even. Luckily by the 2nd evening I had spotted the Carrefour supermarket just up the road so brought food in for the next evenings. Need to take notes from Uptown Palace in Zurich to improve the customer experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
uptownpalace, Operation Manager at Uptown Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Guest,
first of all we would like to thank you very much for your feedback on TripAdvisor.
Unfortunately all the signage is not yet in place to indicate to all guests where to go.
Our focus has always been our Guests' satisfaction and for this reason Guests may find in room just on the desk an updated multilanguage hotel directory with all the information needed to enjoy a pleasant and comfortable stay in our property and in Milan .
I am sorry if this directory was not present in your room or placed somewhere else , if you would have only reported it during your stay, we would have certainly given all the information . We appreciate your constructive comments as it is through comments such as yours that we can gauge our services and facilities in order to make the necessary improvements. We truly hope that this inconvenience did not completely spoil your stay and look forward to welcoming you again.

Best regards

Alfredo Petrone
Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,647)

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Staying just one night I was seeking a quiet and comfortable rest after a long journey over from the States, plus easy access to walk about the main city area for interest and exercise. This place was exactly what I wanted. The room was reasonable size and quiet; it was a 15 minute walk to the main square. The staff was quite courteous and helpful; their restaurant recommendation proved to be an excellent dinner for me and my friends.

Room Tip: Mine was toward the back of the hotel overlooking the courtyard and very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Very nice and modern hotel, with lovely and new furnishings.
Breakfast and meals in the restaurant were nice, staff very attentive all round.
10min walk from Piazza del Duomo, this is definitely the quieter end of the city, which was nice.
No iron, which was annoying.

• Stayed: September 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank An Accor traveler
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I never come across a hotel with consistent service throughout, start from before I book the hotel, to I check in, stay there and leave the hotel. Everybody are very helpful and have great team work. Of course there are things that are not good, but they are just minor and I can tolerate. E.G. the restaurant is all day according to the poster, but it wont open for dinner until 19:00.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

I chose this hotel due to it being an MGallery/Accor hotel. I was thoroughly dissapointed.

It's in a very shadey part of town and the service of this hotel is poor. I must say though the concierges were helpful and the room was ok which is why it gets any rating at all.

The wifi fees are extortionate and even once you pay it doesn't work. I adressed my issue with the hotel and they were useless ( funny I got free wifi at a local restaurant and their internet worked fine).

I would suggest looking at somewhere closer to the Duomo region if you want to stay in Milan.

uptownpalace, Operation Manager at Uptown Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Sir,
thank you for your useful feedback on Tripadvisor , we have taken in consideration your comments.
What is most important for us is the quality of the service and we sincerely apologize if this time our staff was not able to provide that which we offer to our clients on a daily basis and you experienced technical issue with our internet service.
The hotel since its opening has chosen a world leader in communication as partner for the internet services in order to guarantee a constant and efficient service to all Guests, as deserved and I am sure that thanks also to your feedabck we can improve the service .
Our focus has always been our Guests' satisfaction and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again and to show you the effective standard of our hotel and that the wonderful comments we have received until now on Tripadvisor are deserved.

Best regards

Alfredo Petrone
Operation Manager

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The hotel is very quiet and calm , the location is not far from the centre of Milan The staff are very helpful and considerate. The receptionists are very good at understanding what help you may need whether paying for a taxi by card or getting shown how to get to great resteraunts. The bar is well appointed and the bedrooms are nicley decorated and well designed. excellent value for a really high quality hotel and wel ltrained and very able staff..

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple