“Charm, ambiance and delicious and interesting Italian cuisine!”
Review of Trattoria Montina

Trattoria Montina
Ranked #1,032 of 8,331 Restaurants in Milan
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

This was a real "find" for us. Some friends who live in the neighborhood invited us and we then invited others and made it a six some. To start out it is a charming small restaurant - two rooms filled with tables with nice linens and glassware. We got one of the 2 or 3 "rounds" for 6 (definitely no more than 6 please - not even 7), which made the conversation great. The owner came to our table and was friendly and engaging, and gave us the specials. . . with a flair for presentation. (We understand that his brother runs the kitchen, and his Mother bakes the tortes which were truly fantastic!).

Our primi were all quite good. The main courses were likewise excellent, from an orata (baked fish) to my tonno and salmone tartare, and also a pasta and (believe it or not) a one night only special of a NY pastrami sandwich. Desserts as mentioned above were truly exceptional. Plus a very engaging staff (sat night so a little busy for them hence the 4 rating on that).

While there is a lot of fresh fish, there are also a good number of meat dishes on the menu. While we did not try them, I would bet on a good result given everything else.

Location is a bit on the outside of the centro, just off of Corso Sempione and several blocks north west of the Arco de Pace in Parco Sempione. If you are near Cadorna train station or the Park, it is a nice walk (maybe 15 minutes from Arco de Pace and 25 from Cadorna).

Enjoy!

There are newer reviews for Trattoria Montina

Reviewed November 22, 2012

This small restaurant provides for a good atmosphere and wonderful home cooked food. The menu is presented by the host and the meals are very tasty.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I went there with my mother on friday night and i wanted to eat just some salad or something small, because i usually don't eat dinner. I ordered just one small dish, a salad with prawns. It turned out that this was the best salad i ever had. So i decided to order some more food. The wine was selected by the owner and it was excellent. Every next plate that i tried was better and better. The best of all was the Ravioli, i recommend this to everybody. I have to admit that this restaurant was the best choice in Milan, food i will never forget in my life. I could drive a 1000 km just to taste this food again! Congratulations Montina, simply the best!

1  Thank kim b
Reviewed June 7, 2012

On a warm evening in Milan we were able to sit outside at Trattoria Montina and enjoy a great meal while taking in the street scene. Although the road was quite busy, we were sufficiently far back from the traffic not to be disturbed by it. Cuisine is Lombardian, executed expertly. Service was very professional, with added local flavour from one of the restarant's owners. When my wife (of 40+ years) found an unfamiliar item on the menu it brought the response "But Madam, you are so young, you have so many new things to try!" And the complementary liqueur offered after the meal was also new - "Mirto", distilled from bilberries. Great value at under €90 for a full meal with a good bottle of wine for two.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

My family dined here earlier this month, and had a wonderful meal. The ambiance is lovely, the staff attentive and friendly, and the food - terrific! I would agree with BenaGirl - this was one of our top dining experiences in north Italy - it deserves to move up in the TA rankings!

3  Thank soccer_mama_3