“Wonderful Food and Value”

Nerino Dieci Trattoria
Ranked #19 of 8,762 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navigli
Description: Commitment, Passion, Love for Good Food and Attention to the customer are our characteristics. Seasonal menu for the use of raw materials are always fresh and homemade desserts are our peculiarities. Italian cuisine with a focus on research of flavors and pairings
Reviewed July 16, 2013

It's a busy place so you really need to book.We were seated opposite the kitchen which was a real education. Prosecco offered while we made our choice. Seafood Carpaccio, Pumpkin Flower and Saffron Risotto. We both tried the Pork Tenderloin with Prosecco and Strawberry Sauce - great combination of flavours. We were pretty full but the waiter suggested a Watermelon Sorbet which was refreshing. All the food was creative and our young waiter was helpful and friendly. Fantastic value for money.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,100)

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I thought I might add a plug here for the lunchtime at this marvelous trattoria where so many people have had great dinners. I had only half a day in Milano and, thanks to TripAdvisor reviewers, I took a chance on Nerino Dieci Trattoria for my only chance for a great Italian meal before returning to the airport for my evening flight. Based on all of the glowing dinner reviews, I booked a table for lunch only 1/2 hour prior to their 12:30 opening and am so glad I did. I was received warmly despite being a solo diner. Sandro and the staff are welcoming and enjoy their customers with good attention to detail. It looks as though the local office and shop workers come in for the 9Euro menu which yesterday was a seafood risotto, a slice of cassata and a beverage of your choice (which, in addition to mineral water, coffee or tea does include a perfectly acceptable house white wine (a tad viscous for my taste but still very good with the food) or a dry and full-bodied red which went very well with the house pasta of black noodles with clams in a light tomato sauce with flecks of spicy sausage). I went for the 12Euro menu which was a starter of lightly fried anchovies and sardines and a main of swordfish steak and mixed salad -- all simple and quite tasty. I added a side of green beans but they were the only disappointment of the meal -- either they were overcooked or they were canned with some balsamic vinegar added -- che peccato. However, the black pasta mentioned above was a great addition -- not too large but the highlight of the meal -- with enough fresh clams to have one with each of my 12 bites of noodles. Given that this was to be my only meal of the day, I also decided to try the DIY Cannoli - 3 cannolo with a dish of sweetened ricotta on a plate with small piles of treats such as chocolate sprinkles, nuts and candied fruit so you fill each cannolo yourself = DIY. I recommend that you reserve ahead to be sure you can enjoy this lovely place but a walk-in at lunchtime might also work since the locals eat quickly and go back to work. Grazie Sandro and team!

1  Thank BFL55
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We flew into Milan late on a Tuesday evening and were very much looking forward to our first meal in Milan at Nerino Dieci Trattoria (based on reviews here). And we were very pleased with our choice. The place was very busy when we arrived, heaps of people were waiting around us for tables. We had to wait for around 15 minutes to be seated despite having a reservation for 9.30pm. We were offerred a glass of prosecco while we waited which was a nice touch.

We really enjoyed the food. We ordered a tartare di manzo (beef tartar), vitello tonnato (veal with tuna sauce) and speghetti all'astice (lobster spaghetti, must have been the house special because we could see these kept coming out from the kitchen). We thought the beef tartar was excellent and lobster spaghetti was absolutely amazing. The house wine was great as well. We were too full to have any dessert which was a bit of a shame, because those cakes and tarts displayed near the counter at the entrance looked so delicious and enticing.
We also loved the atmosphere. While it is called a trattoria, it has a lovely modern bistro vibe to it, noisy but relaxed, unpretentious. Customers were mostly locals (trendy crowd) with a few tourists.
The service was very efficient but may be lacking a bit of personal touch.
What we like best about this place: excellent food, great wine, nice ambience, very good value, overall very enjoyable dining experience. Reservation is a must.

1  Thank TheRookieTraveller
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We were 4 adults in Milano for a long weekend. Looking for authentic Italian food for our last evening. We found this place thanks to good comments on Trip Advisor. We got what we were looking for and even more !

Pro's:

- excellent value for money (4 appetizers, 3 starters, 4 main courses, 2 bottle of water, 1 ice tea and 1 bottle of red wine Montepucciano = 160 EUR !!!!)
- most of the waiters are english speakers and advise accordingly the client's preference
- broad wine card
- proper Italian food (pasta, seafood, ...)
- as digestive, large varities of Italian liquors (the manager doesn't hesitate to make a commercial gesture by offering some shoots of liquors).
- In the middle of the restaurant, you've a magnificient viewpoint on the kitchen (large window)
- If you have not booked beforehand, the manager offers a glass of prosecco in order to sweeten the waiting time.
- As we'were a bit boozy and it was late, the manager called wholeheartedly for us a taxi (no extra charges).

Con's:

- Don't forget to book beforehand !
- I didn't see parking places for the restaurant's clients. (Not sure)

1  Thank John J
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Very good food at low prices. Went there Saturday evening and it was very busy with a bit confusing service. By the end of the evening it was very warm and it seemed that the a/c didnt work. A shame since it has potential for a higher rating