“another time another wonderful dinner”

Osteria Dei Mosaici
Ranked #1,038 of 9,016 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2015 via mobile

we stayed here for a birthday, all seafood is fresh and abundant. All food from starter to dessert is wonderful thanks to the chef, the mother's owner. Thanks Michele for your kindness and foods

Reviewed January 9, 2015

... Why should you renew and re fresh your forniture when what you' ve already got has a Retro old fashion touch that works ? This is to answer to some review I read here!

I loved everything here ,the entire meal was pretty fresh, not precoocked and coming in big portions. I had "Spaghetti ali scampi " " impepata di cose" ( and there were right spot on! Well cooked and incredibly fresh and tasty.

the personnel is what you expect from a local family run restaurant : kind and helpful . The lunch labor menu during working days is pretty fair (10€/full meal) and the place is quite and relaxing.

Considering the area being a bit low class and slightly left behind urbanistically , it pleased me to see the restaurant full and pack across the two hours meal and seeing more people still coming in. Thumbs up here .

I will definitely come back again

Keep up the great work

Ciao

EPI

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We wanted the highest rated restaurant near the San Siro Stadium. I had lived in the Puglia region of Italy when I was young (Brindisi during my LDS mission). So I was excited to have some food from the region.

We wanted to get early to the Stadium. We got there at 7 pm when they opened. Guess they do not get very many Americans there who are fluent in Italian and know what orechiette (little ears) pasta is. They very charming and hospitable.

Food was great. We had the orechiette pasta of course, with sauce with mushrooms and turnip greens. Had not had in almost 40 years. excellent.

Had the veal with marsala I believe. Also excellent.

They served us very quickly. We were out the door in 40 minutes. Decor not that fancy but overall a great place.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Being from Apulia myself I am always very critical of Apulian restaurants but this one ... well just reminded me of my grandma's food : delicious stuff, fresh and at the right price. Don't expect anything fancy: the food is king in this place, furniture is typical italian osteria. The staff is polite and entertaining, a family of four people (parents + son and daughter in law) do everyhting and they do it very well too. The starters are outstanding mozzarellas such as the not to be missed stracciatella, the buffaloo mozzarella with anchovies and other freshly cooked vegetables. As far as the pasta goes, try any of the orecchiette: they'll melt in your mouth. The selection of fishes and seafood is for every palate. The wine selection is essential and offers the whole range of Apulia wines and so are the desserts. The digestivo from Alberobello is just the cherry on the cake. Bill including wine was less then 30 ahead, definitely an excellent price-quality ratio in Milano. Great finding, will definitely go back and recommend it to friends. Only one little complaint: the affogato with coffee was drowned in too much coffee and most of it was melted before consumption. Aside from that, an overall great experience.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

... so an old saying goes. And after visiting this cozy little restaurant, you may wonder if the folklore is just, well, folklore, or if there is something more solid behind it.

This place offers exclusively solid recipes from Apulia (of which Bari is the largest city). The quality is outstanding, and the prix fixe menu at 25 euro (incl. house wine!) is an absolute bargain (which has to be pre-ordered when reserving).
The fact that all the reviews are in UItalian makes me think that non-Italians have not yet discovered it. Well, try it....
Although being a little far from the center, it is an easy, straight 10-minute walk from the Lotto metro stop.

2  Thank FF